White lady confronts white lady for harassing hispanic ladies for the crime of speaking in spanish

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
https://twitter.com/sahluwal/status/1047628292675649536

:sunglasses: Props to this citizen stepping in and stopping this bullshit. This makes November's vote (and 2020's vote) all the more important. We can't be having these people feel emboldened.

What irks me is she says 'you will lose your country' as she walks away. I wonder whose country she feels this belongs to? *puts on white robes*

Reactions: KMFJD

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
No context of prior events, no care.

Congrats on your feel good story though chum.

I mean, you could read the tweet?

"2 Hispanic women were speaking to each other when they were approached by this a racist white lady who harassed them for speaking Spanish in the store. That’s when another white woman, an ally, confronted her. Twitter, lets find this ally & thank her."

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
While I personally don't care if someone speaks another language, it really isn't so far fetched to want people to assimilate to the country vs. expecting the country to mold to your wants. Remember when the Dem's used to be the party of ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country? Now the Dem's are the party of give me free stuff and make the tax payers pay for English as a second language classes.

Reactions: Thunder 57

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
While I personally don't care if someone speaks another language, it really isn't so far fetched to want people to assimilate to the country vs. expecting the country to mold to your wants.

"I don't care, but I do care."

It's bloody obvious which side you've picked by your attempt to attach a narrative to the group of people you don't like. There's plenty of reasons that two people are speaking in a different language in any given circumstance.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
While I personally don't care if someone speaks another language, it really isn't so far fetched to want people to assimilate to the country vs. expecting the country to mold to your wants. Remember when the Dem's used to be the party of ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country? Now the Dem's are the party of give me free stuff and make the tax payers pay for English as a second language classes.
When I was in France and Spain 2 years ago, I wasn't speaking French and Spain to my wife when we communicated. I don't speak Papimiento, Dutch, or Spanish when I am in Aruba either.

It was 2 spanish people talking in spanish to each other in an aisle at a store.

What the fuck does that have to do with people expecting to mold to your wants?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
The girl that got in that cvnt's face is a heroine.

Cute, courageous, and smart.. Rare.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001

Remember how they killed that dude? Remember when the Republicans freed the slaves? Now the GOP is the party of gerrymandering the blacks into submission and putting the Hispanics into concentration camps and disappearing their children.

Times change, parties change.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Remember how they killed that dude? Remember when the Republicans freed the slaves? Now the GOP is the party of gerrymandering the blacks into submission and putting the Hispanics into concentration camps and disappearing their children.

Times change, parties change.

This silly idea that Republicans are racist is nothing more than a leftist talking point. Today the Republicans are not the racists. The left however...

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I went to a store to buy a gadget on super sale and all the employees were either middle eastern or Latino speaking in small groups. I walk up to the Latino group and asked them to unlock the glass case and they swore at me in Spanish and walked away. I had to go to the Managers Office and ask her to get the item for me.

It seems my every interaction with Latinos is them coping attitude.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I went to a store to buy a gadget on super sale and all the employees were either middle eastern or Latino speaking in small groups. I walk up to the Latino group and asked them to unlock the glass case and they swore at me in Spanish and walked away. I had to go to the Managers Office and ask her to get the item for me.

Try NOT wearing your MAGA hat next time.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

So you want us to believe you that you simply asked a store employe to open a case so you can look at or purchase an item and they the swore at you, for no reason at all? Seems like you are leaving a bunch of important stuff out.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Of course you don't care that people of color are being harassed daily by white people just for existing.

More real TDS

You must not be aware that many people from Spanish speaking countries consider themselves white and not people of color.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What irks me is she says 'you will lose your country' as she walks away. I wonder whose country she feels this belongs to? *puts on white robes*

The natives.

Given the 10s of millions of illegal crossings, Hispanics, right or wrong, are viewed as suspect invaders who "do not belong here". The demographic changes as a result of immigration are quite apparent. (Alabama moved from 1% to greater than 10% Hispanic in 15 years) People are going to confuse that change with illegals. And frankly, given resistance met in stopping illegal crossing, people just aren't going to care to fact check and/or distinguish. They feel aggrieved and want to lash out.

I feel like I shouldn't have to explain any of this, that it should be obvious. But your question demands answer. And we too easily forget that people view things from a different perspective, a different understanding. And do not appreciate just how removed we can be from one another. Or why they might be. It's entirely possible she's just racist. Outward signs are there. Motive, however, may be more national defense than racial or ethnic. It just so happens there's a major ethnic divide among a very porous and open border. It will be reflected in the aggressive response people have over our our border.

Mexico's notorious violence and drug gangs make it viewed as a threat. And people view the border as a extension of that threat.
Race and ethnicity are just unfortunate shortcuts at identifying all this. The human brain loves shortcuts.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
While I personally don't care if someone speaks another language, it really isn't so far fetched to want people to assimilate to the country vs. expecting the country to mold to your wants.

People have been speaking Spanish in NA for longer than the USA has existed.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Don't have much to say about the video but I think some people don't know that Hispanic people come in "white lady" editions.
They even come in black and asian editions.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This silly idea that Republicans are racist is nothing more than a leftist talking point. Today the Republicans are not the racists. The left however...
When Obama ran against McCain how many Democrats denigrated McCain just because he is white? The right however...

Haven't yet seen the racist black people coming out against DeSantis just because he isn't black. The right however...

Haven't yet seen the number of black people calling police on white people for merely existing. The right however...

BTW - Thanks to the lady who got in the fact of the racist cvnt.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
realibrad said:
You must not be aware that many people from Spanish speaking countries consider themselves white and not people of color.
DJ Quibbles dropping that SICK shit!

Reactions: dank69