White lady confronts white lady for harassing hispanic ladies for the crime of speaking in spanish

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
The girl that got in that cvnt's face is a heroine.

Cute, courageous, and smart.. Rare.

Does it not make it a sexist comment because you can distinguish between a c*u*n*t and a woman?

Where have I heard that before?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Saw someone in the grocery store wearing a classic red MAGA hat yesterday... they're starting to pop out of the woodwork. I think I'll start wearing mine in public more.
Makes them easier targets.

Please be more careful with how such a comment can be interpreted.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
When Obama ran against McCain how many Democrats denigrated McCain just because he is white? The right however...

Haven't yet seen the racist black people coming out against DeSantis just because he isn't black. The right however...

Haven't yet seen the number of black people calling police on white people for merely existing. The right however...

BTW - Thanks to the lady who got in the fact of the racist cvnt.
Go easy on him. He still doesn't understand what the word racism means.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I went to a store to buy a gadget on super sale and all the employees were either middle eastern or Latino speaking in small groups. I walk up to the Latino group and asked them to unlock the glass case and they swore at me in Spanish and walked away. I had to go to the Managers Office and ask her to get the item for me.

It seems my every interaction with Latinos is them coping attitude.
Did they call you a pendejo?

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Of course you don't care that people of color are being harassed daily by white people just for existing.

More real TDS

If its any consolation, many white people are harassed daily by other white people just for existing. #askyourteenager

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Try NOT wearing your MAGA hat next time.

So you want us to believe you that you simply asked a store employee to open a case so you can look at or purchase an item and they the swore at you, for no reason at all? Seems like you are leaving a bunch of important stuff out.

Was not wearing a MAGA cap. Only spoke to the group for a couple of seconds. Found another guy but he said he didn't have a key and I should ask the Manager. The Manager was angry that the floor people didn't get the item for me. After returning I looked up the store and it had terrible ratings with most people complaining how rude people were.

It won't shock you to learn the store closed eventually. Which is too bad because there aren't many local stores and it had some good deals.

Reactions: Thebobo

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...were-being-harassed-for-speaking-spanish-in-a

Trent eventually called police, and Dwire was arrested, taken to Garfield County Jail, and charged with two counts of bias-motivated harassment, according to an arrest affidavit. She was released on bond and is due back in court in November.

good job Kamira Trent

The arresting officer, Carlos Cornejo, wrote that when he arrived, he heard Dwire yelling "something to the effect of 'this is what is wrong with our country' and 'they should not be speaking Spanish here.'"

Dwire told the officer she was exercising her right to freedom of speech and that she found it offensive the two women were speaking Spanish because they "didn't have the respect to speak English."

smh

Nov 8, 2012
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...were-being-harassed-for-speaking-spanish-in-a

Trent eventually called police, and Dwire was arrested, taken to Garfield County Jail, and charged with two counts of bias-motivated harassment, according to an arrest affidavit. She was released on bond and is due back in court in November.

good job Kamira Trent

The arresting officer, Carlos Cornejo, wrote that when he arrived, he heard Dwire yelling "something to the effect of 'this is what is wrong with our country' and 'they should not be speaking Spanish here.'"

Dwire told the officer she was exercising her right to freedom of speech and that she found it offensive the two women were speaking Spanish because they "didn't have the respect to speak English."

smh

If she has a hard time with that someone needs to move her down to Texas. She would need to be put in psyche-ward.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

good job Kamira Trent

smh
It says right in The Constitution: freedom of English speech, not freedom of Spanish speech.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
People have been speaking Spanish in NA for longer than the USA has existed.

But now the USA exists and that takes precedence. I mean, we've been using coal since before solar power, so... just following your illogical way of thinking.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
When Obama ran against McCain how many Democrats denigrated McCain just because he is white? The right however...

Haven't yet seen the racist black people coming out against DeSantis just because he isn't black. The right however...

Haven't yet seen the number of black people calling police on white people for merely existing. The right however...

BTW - Thanks to the lady who got in the fact of the racist cvnt.

I agree that there are racists on the right, I'm as against them as you are. But the difference between you and I is that I also recognize the racism from the left, and also hate that just the same whereas you and your kind pretend it doesn't' exist.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
The natives.

Given the 10s of millions of illegal crossings, Hispanics, right or wrong, are viewed as suspect invaders who "do not belong here". The demographic changes as a result of immigration are quite apparent. (Alabama moved from 1% to greater than 10% Hispanic in 15 years) People are going to confuse that change with illegals. And frankly, given resistance met in stopping illegal crossing, people just aren't going to care to fact check and/or distinguish. They feel aggrieved and want to lash out.

I feel like I shouldn't have to explain any of this, that it should be obvious. But your question demands answer. And we too easily forget that people view things from a different perspective, a different understanding. And do not appreciate just how removed we can be from one another. Or why they might be. It's entirely possible she's just racist. Outward signs are there. Motive, however, may be more national defense than racial or ethnic. It just so happens there's a major ethnic divide among a very porous and open border. It will be reflected in the aggressive response people have over our our border.

Mexico's notorious violence and drug gangs make it viewed as a threat. And people view the border as a extension of that threat.
Race and ethnicity are just unfortunate shortcuts at identifying all this. The human brain loves shortcuts.

The natives.

Given the 10s of millions of illegal crossings, Hispanics, right or wrong, are viewed as suspect invaders who "do not belong here". The demographic changes as a result of immigration are quite apparent. (Alabama moved from 1% to greater than 10% Hispanic in 15 years) People are going to confuse that change with illegals. And frankly, given resistance met in stopping illegal crossing, people just aren't going to care to fact check and/or distinguish. They feel aggrieved and want to lash out.

I feel like I shouldn't have to explain any of this, that it should be obvious. But your question demands answer. And we too easily forget that people view things from a different perspective, a different understanding. And do not appreciate just how removed we can be from one another. Or why they might be. It's entirely possible she's just racist. Outward signs are there. Motive, however, may be more national defense than racial or ethnic. It just so happens there's a major ethnic divide among a very porous and open border. It will be reflected in the aggressive response people have over our our border.

Mexico's notorious violence and drug gangs make it viewed as a threat. And people view the border as a extension of that threat.
Race and ethnicity are just unfortunate shortcuts at identifying all this. The human brain loves shortcuts.

Remember back when Obama was setting records for deportations and the retort was "yeah, but those were at the border!" ?

Mar 11, 2004
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is with these fucking Britain loving fuckwads trying to force English? I'm sorry, but this is America, not England. Speak American or you can get the fuck out. Fuck you English fucking pieces of shit. If you love England so much then fuck off there you fucking sacks of spotted dick eating crooked tooth warbly mouthed mother fuckers. Maybe if you could speak intelligibly people wouldn't constantly be going who? The Who? Dr Who? Don't get me started on those drunken redheaded Catholic fucks, or those skirt wearing sheepgut blowing bastards from the highlands. Go riverdance your asses off gleaming white cliffs, fuggin Union-jackoffs. Soccer flopping pansyasses. Can't even drive on the right side of the road, literally! James Bond too busy date-raping women while the CIA is doing the real espionage work. MI6? More like Mother Incest Sex, you queen worshipping peasants. Hope the EU fucking Brexits your ass by collapsing your goddamned "Chunnel" so you rat fucks can't burrow out of there any more. Hey idiots, maybe not stick swords into concrete, then you won't have such a problem pulling them out? Isn't it funny how everywhere prospered after throwing your tyrannical shackles off? You dolts thought the sun would never set on your empire, but it sat on it hard, and its been mooning you ever since.

Was not wearing a MAGA cap. Only spoke to the group for a couple of seconds. Found another guy but he said he didn't have a key and I should ask the Manager. The Manager was angry that the floor people didn't get the item for me. After returning I looked up the store and it had terrible ratings with most people complaining how rude people were.

It won't shock you to learn the store closed eventually. Which is too bad because there aren't many local stores and it had some good deals.

Yep, I've never had white English speaking people be rude, ever. Certainly never ever in a retail store or other shit job.

Herr Kutz

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
I'm seeing 3 white women in this video. Does speaking spanish automatically make you a different race?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I agree that there are racists on the right, I'm as against them as you are. But the difference between you and I is that I also recognize the racism from the left, and also hate that just the same whereas you and your kind pretend it doesn't' exist.
My kind? I have acknowledged many times any one person can be racist. However if someone commits an act of racism overwhelming odds they are Republican.

BTW - If you trying to use the "both sides" defense feel free to answer my 3 questions.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
In the mind of Turmp supports yes. It makes you different enough that you should be kicked out of the country, according to them.
By shining a light on their ignorance, we provoke them to lash out. They are made part of an out-group and thus must make whomever brings that on into the "real" out-group.

The most fragile of folks follow "strong" Trump.

tgferg67

Oct 23, 2002
I've seen a similar scenario where an immigrant from Germany disapproved of his German neighbor(family) for talking German outside in public. So not in every instance is this a racist act. The woman's action was wrong regardless of the reason.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Good for the white woman who confronted the other offending white woman.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
While I personally don't care if someone speaks another language, it really isn't so far fetched to want people to assimilate to the country vs. expecting the country to mold to your wants. Remember when the Dem's used to be the party of ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country? Now the Dem's are the party of give me free stuff and make the tax payers pay for English as a second language classes.
Dems dems dems dems.