Which fad, that has come about in the last 5 years, do you hate the most?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PCDumbass

Aug 26, 2002
The resurgence of Rap and Gansgsta crap music.

However, to give them credit, I can watch their hoochie-filled videos on mute for hours on end... lol

smut

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2005
Originally posted by: PCDumbass
The resurgence of Rap and GANGSTA (fixed spelling :D) crap music.

However, to give them credit, I can watch their hoochie-filled videos on mute for hours on end... lol

Its never went anywhere and probably never will as long as people buy it and emulate it. Hardly a "fad" thats come about in the last 5 years. 'Gangsta' music hasnt went away since NWA dropped their first album.

redbox

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Emo sucks a lot.

The fad that it's cool to be an ignorant religious wackjob has also begun to annoy me. The Kansas schoolboard needs to be fired and their supporters need to be given a clue as to the definitions of science and education. Fine, believe in creationism and teach it to your own kids, but I'll be damned if you're going to dumb down real scientific teaching in favor of ignorance and faux science.

As far as internet fads go I hate the O RLY owl. Seriously, I hate it. The Ronald McDonald and the NEDM cat should team up and eat that fvckin owl.

Hey do you live in Kansas? I live in Kansas and can side with you on the schoolboard thing. What about our home grown ignorant religious wackjob: Fred Phelps?

mikej007

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Here's another addition... Kabbalah and Scientology and all those other trendy celebrity faux-religions. I realize they've been around longer than 5 years but they haven't been that prominent until now. Hate hearing about that sh1t all the time...

EDIT:

<--- Not dissing the religions per-se, just the ass clowns who hop on the bandwagon because it's cool and everyone else is doing it.

dds14u

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Originally posted by: sniperruff
Originally posted by: pontifex
nobody said ipods yet?

I forgot that one

Overpriced MP3 player FTL. It's nice to see that Apple found something to make a lot of profit on at least

the ipod costs less than something similar from creative, and apple sold the 4gb ipod nano for $249 when the flash memory alone would cost $200... make a lot of profit??? maybe on accesories.

i say the most retarded fad is hating on stuff that are dominant (but with reasons):Dell, apple, etc.

4gb of flash memory would cost $200???

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Popped collars!!

I mock people who do that frequently. Even when they are around!

: ) Amanda

ta8689

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: dds14u
Originally posted by: sniperruff
Originally posted by: pontifex
nobody said ipods yet?

I forgot that one

Overpriced MP3 player FTL. It's nice to see that Apple found something to make a lot of profit on at least

the ipod costs less than something similar from creative, and apple sold the 4gb ipod nano for $249 when the flash memory alone would cost $200... make a lot of profit??? maybe on accesories.

i say the most retarded fad is hating on stuff that are dominant (but with reasons):Dell, apple, etc.

4gb of flash memory would cost $200???

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications...etails.asp?EdpNo=2207208&Sku=A208-1066
well thats 4 gigs from tigerdirect, which means you can get it for 40 on ebay from those people in china (shipped)

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Here's one- guys that wear flip flops with jeans. It's like it's cool to have your toes sticking out of the bottom of your pantlegs. I see guys with flipflops wearing sport jackets at work all the time. Dorks.