Which fad, that has come about in the last 5 years, do you hate the most?

imported_Tick

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Personally, I can't stand homeopathic remedies. It's like WTF? What good is three molecules of a mildly poisenous substance goona do me? WHY do people by into this? WHY?

Xonoahbin

Aug 16, 2005
Gosh, how noscript can mess you up and make you double post in mysterious ways.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
the ballcap thing where guys leave the brims straight and the stickers on bugs me the most. i dont see emo around here as much as i see that, and for some reason it bugs the hell out of me.

guys bring in *nasty* caps to work, where i take the stickers off to clean them....which of course leaves a bright spot where the sticker was, and the customer asking me why i took it off.

"its a price tag, youre supposed to take it off after you pay for it and leave the store. same goes for the shiny one you left on there"

the guy gave me a blank look and left.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
EMO/myspace sure, but what about popped collars? Jesus I want to go fix it for them everytime I see it. And by fix I mean rip the collar off and stuff it down their throats...

FrozenCanadian

Dec 19, 2005
Myspace

EDIT: Most people will grow out of it and the next generation will say "I wont do that my bro or sis did that its not cool"

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
EMO/myspace sure, but what about popped collars? Jesus I want to go fix it for them everytime I see it. And by fix I mean rip the collar off and stuff it down their throats...

the local schoolboard enacted uniform regulations for all the county schools last year. they have to wear knit/collared shirts that are one of 4 different colors, and either black or tan slacks

ever since then all of the kids started to wear their collars popped, and i see the mongrels everywhere

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Emo sucks a lot.

The fad that it's cool to be an ignorant religious wackjob has also begun to annoy me. The Kansas schoolboard needs to be fired and their supporters need to be given a clue as to the definitions of science and education. Fine, believe in creationism and teach it to your own kids, but I'll be damned if you're going to dumb down real scientific teaching in favor of ignorance and faux science.

As far as internet fads go I hate the O RLY owl. Seriously, I hate it. The Ronald McDonald and the NEDM cat should team up and eat that fvckin owl.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
high intensity headlights in cars.

they're so annoying when cars driving in the other lane keep blinding you. not to mention pointless. I live in an urban area. I could drive home from work tonight with my headlights totally off and probably not even notice because it's so bright out.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
It used to be ricers, but that's old news.

I've tried to be neutral to most dumbass fads, trying to realize I, too, was a dumbass kid not *that* long ago (shocking, I know!)

I find emo amusing. I guess I dislike faux-homos. The straight guys and girls that think being gay is "hip" and pretend to try it out on some weekends by dressing all metro and being "flamboyant." But don't get me wrong - no matter how fake it is, seeing two girls make out is almost always hot, hot, hot!

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Xanis
Those huge sunglasses that everyone seems to be wearing... ugh.

Oh man, that's catching on around here too. The funny thing is that those girls think they look good, when they look absolutely ridiculous.