Which AAA title are you most excited about? Vote, then read/post. POAL!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which upcoming major PC games release are you most excited about?

• Diablo 3

• Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3

• Battlefield 3

• Skyrim

• Rage

• ALL OF THEM!!

• None of these sound good

• Other game not listed (put in reply)

Results are only viewable after voting.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Lol, I'm not a fan of GW, but I bet you're right.

well, I'm sure the ToR will be good enough for most, but in the end, it can't not disappoint, overall.

I don't think GW will really have that problem, because it mostly has dedicated fans, and isn't too concerned with the hoards that dismissed the original after only playing 10% of it.

..it is also purported to include everything that the haters criticized it for lacking, but they still won't try it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm just finishing up 120+ hours of Borderlands (one mssion left in Claptrap DLC) and have all of the New Vegas DLC to play, so Rage seems like more of the same. Perhaps id will surprise me.

Yeah, I love both of those games and I see Rage as being a (hopefully) pleasant cross between the two. That's the only reason I'm interested in it.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Not really excited like I used to be as I really don't have the huge time for games like I used to but BF3, D3, and GW2 are on the top of my list.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
Looking forward to playing the following (eventually, not necessarily close to release time):
Skyrim
Arkham City
HoMMVI
ME3
Tropico 3
Anno 2070
SoSE 3rd expansion

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
I'm not particularly looking forward to any of those games. Dead Island interests me, if the reviews are good I'll grab it eventually. Other then that, pretty much just waiting for Torchlight II and Dota 2.

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
Skyrim's the most interesting to me since I'll likely get the most time out of it. Mass Effect 3's just behind it.

Battlefield 3 looks good but despite the best luck with BC2, I have very little faith in multiplayer longevity. MW3 looks underwhelming. I might try Rage.

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
Red Orchestra 2

THIS.

Its still beta and im enjoying the game more than anything...
I Didnt play such a good MP game for a long time , and i mean olddays like Quake, Counter-strike and RTCW.....

PC Exclusive, AMAZING GAME and Alot of MP players = Instant BUY.

Oct 27, 2007
Red Orchestra sucked an amazing amount of ass. Such an awful, awful game. I can't even conceive of why people are remotely interested in RO2. Probably in my top 5 worst games ever made. Not exaggerating.

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
Red Orchestra sucked an amazing amount of ass. Such an awful, awful game. I can't even conceive of why people are remotely interested in RO2. Probably in my top 5 worst games ever made. Not exaggerating.

Im very old gamer , more than 10 years ..

If you'r new to gaming , about 5 years , you missed the joy of playing multiplayer games backthen,

This game is very good , but its hard to get used to ... VERY HARD ... i didnt like it at the start , but now ? OMG , remindED me of RTCW(not ET) ..

Im enjoying it to the max... and its still beta..

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
Yes, you always have to be online. A dumb, non-sensical decision to try to fight piracy.

Very dumb considering pirates will most definitely have access to a full offline singleplayer campaign. So they're essentially just screwing their paying customers.

Oct 27, 2007
Im very old gamer , more than 10 years ..

If you'r new to gaming , about 5 years , you missed the joy of playing multiplayer games backthen,

This game is very good , but its hard to get used to ... VERY HARD ... i didnt like it at the start , but now ? OMG , remindED me of RTCW(not ET) ..

Im enjoying it to the max... and its still beta..
Wow, yeah ok buddy I have been playing games a lot longer than 10 years, like most people in my generation. RO was just plain shit.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
I was looking at vids of Red Orchestra game play and the one with tanks was very annoying. Every time time you shoot a shell someone yells reload it, then they yell right or left depending on which way your steering. I had about 10,000 kills with tanks in Bad Company 2 and there is no comparison. Bad Company is WAY better, in fact World of Tanks is even better then the game play I saw in RO2.

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
Well, to be honest..
I didnt play the first RO ...

But this RO2 gave me hope in PC games..
I hope more companies will push the market with more PC Exclusive games ..

Its an awsome game.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
After finding out Rage doesn't have borderlands like co-op, then it dropped off my list.

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
I forgot to mention in my earlier post:

Risen 2 and Guildwars 2. Those too will be awesome.

BathroomFeeling

Apr 26, 2007
I'm looking forward to that Blizzard MMO "Titan", which I hope will be an open-ended world, utilizing skills rather than levels, offering complete sandbox freedom rather than a rollercoaster ride, player-generated quests rather than pre-programmed ones, seamless open-to-all access to the world rather than instanced sub-divided locals, variable styles of play rather than stupid focus on just combat-type play, etcetera, etcetera...

tedrodai

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2006
Easy choice for what I'm looking forward to the most:

D3

I'll probably play Rage and Skyrim eventually, but D3 has been my most highly anticipated game since about 2003.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009

RO2 is a true PC game. I haven't played a game that has such deep mechanics, and such difficulty since platformers on the NES.

It's not mindless spray and pray like COD. You just have to have the right attitude to enjoy RO2. RO2's infantry combat is what ARMA2 should have been. Truly great.

Arg Clin

Oct 24, 2010
After finding out Rage doesn't have borderlands like co-op, then it dropped off my list.

Same here. Considering how popular a game like Borderlands have become for the coop mode you'd think more devs would try to tap into this market.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Other: Tribes Ascend

I consider Tribes the greatest shooter ever made (gameplay), but I've been following Ascend, and it's going to be a free game with micro-transactions. I've played Global Agenda, the jetpack MMO made by the devs of Ascend... and honestly I'm not holding out much hope.

Battlefield 3 is the game I'm looking forward to the most, with Diablo 3 a distant second. I know I'll end up spending hundreds of hours playing BF3, and hopefully D3 will be good as well (but it looks like a nerfed casual gamer game at this point).