Where have the Republicans gone?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Last I checked, we're all still here... Except ProfJohn... he was banninated.

Edit: Vacationed - Not Banniated

actually your wrong,,,check...he`s online and logged into Anands as we speak!! 3:51 PM PST

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
Originally posted by: Arkaign

The same place Shinerburke and CadSortaGuy went, I'd imagine.

Perhaps they went home,

home on the range,

where the buffalo roam,

and the deer and the antelope play,

where seldom is heard,

a discouraging word,

and the sky is not cloudy all day.

:D

As the old saying says, don't go away mad, just go away.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
actually your wrong,,,check...he`s online and logged into Anands as we speak!! 3:51 PM PST

Vacationed members still show up as being active. I know this first hand.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Last I checked, we're all still here... Except ProfJohn... he was banninated.

Edit: Vacationed - Not Banniated
Doesn't seem to work that way. I remember Cad showing as on-line for months after he was banned. As I understand it, you can still login, but you can't post.

Edit: In fact, ProfJohn's shown as on-line right now.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

Perhaps they went home,

home on the range,

where the buffalo roam,

where seldom is heard,

a discouraging word,

This pretty much says it all. Liberals only want to hear thier POV. From this post I'd say that all this guy wants is a liberal circle jerk. All else is moot.

Myself I was all for the democrats takin the house. Kinda wish the republicans had held the senate though. I've never thought one party holding all of the power was a good idea. We need balance, not extremism.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: nutxo

Perhaps they went home,

home on the range,

where the buffalo roam,

where seldom is heard,

a discouraging word,

This pretty much says it all. Liberals only want to hear thier POV. From this post I'd say that all this guy wants is a liberal circle jerk. All else is moot.

Myself I was all for the democrats takin the house. Kinda wish the republicans had held the senate though. I've never thought one party holding all of the power was a good idea. We need balance, not extremism.

This guy?? Are YOU talking to ME!!

LOL, now temper temper, you know what the doc says about your blood pressure. Just humor the "liberal" and maybe he'll go away and won't rub "the thumpin" in too bad.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Perhaps they went home,

home on the range,

where the buffalo roam,

where seldom is heard,

a discouraging word,

You just described the majority of the Libs here. As for why there aren't many Republicans here, it gets old when almost everytime you have a different view than the majority on this board they jump on you and start insulting you, completely ignoring the content of your posts. Common overused catch phrases when they can't come up with an arguement are -

Shill, previously banned poster, bigot, moron, sheeple, ignorant, right wing christian, etc..

Check almost any of ProfJohns threads, he never insults anyone all the while getting insult after insult thrown in his face. Hell, check almost any thread started by someone with conservative values, you will see a ton of insults. Many people here think if someone has a different view than them they are stupid. Just look at some of the posts in this thread and you will see why many conservatives have been run out of here.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: JD50

Perhaps they went home,

home on the range,

where the buffalo roam,

where seldom is heard,

a discouraging word,

You just described the majority of the Libs here. As for why there aren't many Republicans here, it gets old when almost everytime you have a different view than the majority on this board they jump on you and start insulting you, completely ignoring the content of your posts. Common overused catch phrases when they can't come up with an arguement are -

Shill, previously banned poster, bigot, moron, sheeple, ignorant, right wing christian, etc..

Check almost any of ProfJohns threads, he never insults anyone all the while getting insult after insult thrown in his face. Hell, check almost any thread started by someone with conservative values, you will see a ton of insults. Many people here think if someone has a different view than them they are stupid. Just look at some of the posts in this thread and you will see why many conservatives have been run out of here.

LOL, why don't you guys just get a room. :laugh:

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Perhaps they went home,

home on the range,

where the buffalo roam,

where seldom is heard,

a discouraging word,

Thank you for proving my point, myself and one other poster agree on something so you throw this remark out there, yet this whole thread is full of all the liberal posters high fiving eachother on how great they are at running conservatives off of a message board. Why don't you go underpay some of your farm workers and then bitch about others not paying people a "living wage", oh wait, you already do that.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

Perhaps they went home,

home on the range,

where the buffalo roam,

where seldom is heard,

a discouraging word,

Thank you for proving my point, myself and one other poster agree on something so you throw this remark out there, yet this whole thread is full of all the liberal posters high fiving eachother on how great they are at running conservatives off of a message board. Why don't you go underpay some of your farm workers and then bitch about others not paying people a "living wage", oh wait, you already do that.

How can we "liberal poster" run anyone off? Don't they have the courage to stay and defend their convictions? I'm making fun of the ones who were all fluff and now that things didn't go there way, they "cut and run". You want to defend them?

And about my farm, are you jealous or what? It has nothing at all to do with this, especially considering I never had any employees. Hell I worked 50 hpurs/week as a machinist and farmed after work and on the week-ends to get my farm work done because I couldn't afford to hire any help. Don't you feel silly now.... and you should!

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Really? Prove it.

I just re-read the entire thread, and I see perhaps one post that might be characterized as gloating over "running conservatives off". Mostly I see civil conversation, with several of ProfJohn's opposition stating their sorrow at seeing him vacationed ...and then you and nutxo popped in and started insulting "libs". I'll also point out that two of the first four replies in this thread are from conservatives. Nobody attacked them, nobody accused them of having a circle jerk, but then again they didn't attack anyone. Funny how that works, huh? If all you see is people attacking you, perhaps you ought to look in a mirror and consider how you present yourself. Offer something thoughtful, well-informed, and supported with facts, and you may see a much different reaction.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Perhaps they went home,

home on the range,

where the buffalo roam,

where seldom is heard,

a discouraging word,

How can we "liberal poster" run anyone off? Don't they have the courage to stay and defend their convictions? I'm making fun of the ones who were all fluff and now that things didn't go there way, they "cut and run". You want to defend them?

And about my farm, are you jealous or what? It has nothing at all to do with this, especially considering I never had any employees. Hell I worked 50 hpurs/week as a machinist and farmed after work and on the week-ends to get my farm work done because I couldn't afford to hire any help. Don't you feel silly now.... and you should!

Well, I guess its just going to have to be your word against mine. I remember specifically you and Pabster discussing this, and you saying that you payed some farm hands somewhere around 7-8 dollars an hour.

Leaving a message board because of constant insults has nothing to do with courage, some people just get tired of taking crap from other people on an internet message board, especially the baseless accusations that go on here.

Bowfinger, obviously you do not see the attacks because you are one of the attackers, take a look at the people calling PJ a shill in this thread.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Really? Prove it.

I just re-read the entire thread, and I see perhaps one post that might be characterized as gloating over "running conservatives off". Mostly I see civil conversation, with several of ProfJohn's opposition stating their sorrow at seeing him vacationed ...and then you and nutxo popped in and started insulting "libs". I'll also point out that two of the first four replies in this thread are from conservatives. Nobody attacked them, nobody accused them of having a circle jerk, but then again they didn't attack anyone. Funny how that works, huh? If all you see is people attacking you, perhaps you ought to look in a mirror and consider how you present yourself. Offer something thoughtful, well-informed, and supported with facts, and you may see a much different reaction.
Bowfinger, obviously you do not see the attacks because you are one of the attackers, take a look at the people calling PJ a shill in this thread.
Again, prove it. Show us the quotes of people calling PJ a "shill" in this thread. Show us the quotes supporting your claim of "this whole thread is full of all the liberal posters high fiving eachother on how great they are at running conservatives off". The simple fact is you can't because you're whining about something you imagined.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison
I have been posting less for quite some time. I just got tired of having the same debate over and over.

Same here.

Certain non-Dem/Rep topics have people with no rational thoughtbehind them are are fueld by college type professors.
Other topics are argued by those with no real understanding on how the world (generalized) operates.

It gets tired of trying to discuss with those types of people. They are blinded by what they have been spoon fed

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
Might have been the "why was my 5 threads locked post"

Anyhow, losing both the house and senate must have been hard for some of the "neo-cons" - but like getting herpies on a bangkok weekend, they don't go away for long....
I tried to warn him that a call-out on the Mods was not acceptable, and that I didn't understand why they let the thread run as long as they let it go.

Must be the old adage of 'Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves'.

Tried to find the thread and see if there was a warning issued to him, but it's been purged from the forum.
Looks like his thread was moved to Forum Issues. No moderator comment indicating he was vacationed, however. I just think his contract ran out.
;)

He should have to refund the money he was paid too.

Bowfinger, what exactly are you and Dave referring to?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

Anyhow, losing both the house and senate must have been hard for some of the "neo-cons" - but like getting herpies on a bangkok weekend, they don't go away for long....
I tried to warn him that a call-out on the Mods was not acceptable, and that I didn't understand why they let the thread run as long as they let it go.

Tried to find the thread and see if there was a warning issued to him, but it's been purged from the forum.
Looks like his thread was moved to Forum Issues. No moderator comment indicating he was vacationed, however. I just think his contract ran out.
;)
Oh for God's sake. I know teh Intarnets are hard and everything, but you see that little yellow thingamajig in my comment, the thing that looks like a winking face? Those little pictures are called emoticons; the one I used signifies that I was making a joke. They're sometimes useful when the intent of one's comment may not be clear, or when one is attempting to communicate with someone who is extremely thick.

In any case, you're dodging the point:
Really? Prove it.

Once again, are you going to stand by your words or not? Either show us the quotes supporting your claim of "this whole thread is full of all the liberal posters high fiving eachother on how great they are at running conservatives off" or show the integrity to admit you're whining about something you imagined.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
JD50 - the boards are quite open to discussion if you want to post a thread.... Instead of clinging onto someone else and saying how mean everyone is - then offer your own opinion on subjects. Go ahead - post on a subject that entertains your fancy....

and if you want to be intellectually dishonest like PJ's postings were, then people are going to call you on it....

It's not a lib/neo-con thing... It's a BS thing....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Vacationed members still show up as being active. I know this first hand.

So Do I!!!

If you are vacationed you cannot log in!! The good Prof was logged in!!

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

;)
Oh for God's sake. I know teh Intarnets are hard and everything, but you see that little yellow thingamajig in my comment, the thing that looks like a winking face? Those little pictures are called emoticons; the one I used signifies that I was making a joke. They're sometimes useful when the intent of one's comment may not be clear, or when one is attempting to communicate with someone who is extremely thick.

In any case, you're dodging the point:
Really? Prove it.

Once again, are you going to stand by your words or not? Either show us the quotes supporting your claim of "this whole thread is full of all the liberal posters high fiving eachother on how great they are at running conservatives off" or show the integrity to admit you're whining about something you imagined.

Ok, I'll go along with what you stated as being a joke, but Dave consistently calls the conservatives that post on this board a shill, why did you completely ignore this in your rebuttal to me.

You're right, there isn't much "high fiveing" going on in this thread, but I have seen plenty of it here, I think 1EZduzit sums it up when he said,

"As the old saying says, don't go away mad, just go away."

which seems to be the sentiment from many people here when it comes to the conservative posters.

Now, from you,

"Show us the quotes of people calling PJ a "shill" in this thread" "The simple fact is you can't because you're whining about something you imagined"

Are you going to stand by your words or completely disregard what Dave said?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
JD50 - the boards are quite open to discussion if you want to post a thread.... Instead of clinging onto someone else and saying how mean everyone is - then offer your own opinion on subjects. Go ahead - post on a subject that entertains your fancy....

and if you want to be intellectually dishonest like PJ's postings were, then people are going to call you on it....

not true at all!! Prof was intellectually 100% honest!!

Just because you happen to have disagreed...thats makes the Prof dishonest??? Yeah right!!

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

The majority of PJ's postings are not intellectually dishonest, they are just from a different perspective (the right) then you are used to seeing and you obviously disagree with much of what he says.

I offer my opinion on most subjects that come up on these boards, I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. I do not create my own posts because I'm just too lazy to go hunting through news articles to start a post, I'm quite happy posting my opinions in already created threads.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

The majority of PJ's postings are not intellectually dishonest, they are just from a different perspective (the right) then you are used to seeing and you obviously disagree with much of what he says.

I offer my opinion on most subjects that come up on these boards, I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. I do not create my own posts because I'm just too lazy to go hunting through news articles to start a post, I'm quite happy posting my opinions in already created threads.

So, you're unwilling to read to form your own opinion, instead you read another's opinion and form a viewpoint from that....

It's a big olde world out there, I suggest doing your own leg work, because you're not offering an opinion on anything - you're just parroting what was said...

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

Well, I guess its just going to have to be your word against mine. I remember specifically you and Pabster discussing this, and you saying that you payed some farm hands somewhere around 7-8 dollars an hour.

Well, if you want to say it's your word against mine then you leave me know choice but to call you a liar. Now go and try to put some words in someone ele's mouth.

You're right, there isn't much "high fiveing" going on in this thread, but I have seen plenty of it here, I think 1EZduzit sums it up when he said,

"As the old saying says, don't go away mad, just go away."

which seems to be the sentiment from many people here when it comes to the conservative posters.

Wow, are you a sore loser. You jump down my throat about what you "think" I'm paying someone in wages and then complain when I joke around? Hey, I got another old saying for you, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen".

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

So, you're unwilling to read to form your own opinion, instead you read anothers opinon and form a viewpoint from that....

It's a big olde world out there, I suggest doing your own leg work, because your not offering an opinion on anything - your just parroting what was said...

So in your world the only opinion that counts is that of the OP, because everyone else that comments is just "parroting what was said"? What does me not creating a new thread have to do with forming my own opinion? There are many topics that I am interested in (minimum wage, gun control, the economy, gay marriage, etc..) and there are already threads covering these topics.