Wheelchair bound man starts on fire while smoking, dies.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
In America smoking kills far more in a single year than all gun-related deaths combined over the course of an entire decade. Why aren't anti-2A politicians more obsessed with this MUCH bigger killer that affects minorities and the poor disproportionately? This guy in particular burst into flames while smoking... yikes.

Gives new meaning to "smoking."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-man...ching-fire-while-smoking-outside-nursing-home

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
In America smoking kills far more in a single year than all gun-related deaths combined over the course of an entire decade. Why aren't anti-2A politicians more obsessed with this MUCH bigger killer that affects minorities and the poor disproportionately? This guy in particular burst into flames while smoking... yikes.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-man...ching-fire-while-smoking-outside-nursing-home
Which law should leftists create to prevent people from smoking? Surely small-government proponent SlowSpyder can explain the solution.

Before you answer though, I wonder which party you think has been most effective when it comes to producing the constant year-over-year decrease in smoking we observe today?

MavericK96

Mar 21, 2009
You mean besides the mandatory health warnings on cigarette packages and huge taxes on tobacco? Plus numerous ways to help you fight nicotine addiction.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I always get a good laugh out of the hilariously un-self aware hypocrisy of this particular narrative of Slow's.

This, buddy, this right here... is why everyone here believes you're a troll.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
You don't hear about it because we are already doing a ton to combat smoking. We've picked all the low hanging fruit. It is possible to work on two problems at once.

All of this.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So are we absolutely sure it wasn’t secondhand smoke that killed this man?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
https://www.google.com/search?q=ant...rome..69i57.5479j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You don't hear about it because we are already doing a ton to combat smoking. We've picked all the low hanging fruit. Propose an idea to combat smoking. I doubt you'll get push back on it. It is possible to work on two problems at once.

So, we've done what we could and ~500,000 still die per year. So now we drop it and live with that. Now, what is important, is a laser focus on guns that kill some ~12,000/year to homicides and accidents and another ~23,000/year to suicide. That less than 10% as many as tobacco, we need to reduce rights, ignore the constitution, and do away with due process to improve? But that much bigger killer? Well, we did what we could.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

We are "obsessed" with smoking as well. We are stil gonna take your pussy guns away.

Reactions: dank69

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So, again, (and I know you'll ignore this), what should be done? A concrete idea/proposal to end smoking in this country?

And I know you will never answer. Just troll away.

I don't think anything should be done, people are free to make their own decisions. It isn't a secret that if you smoke there could be negative consequences. Likewise, it isn't a secret that if one puts a loaded gun to their head and pulls the trigger, there probably will be negative consequences to that person's health.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I don't think anything should be done, people are free to make their own decisions. It isn't a secret that if you smoke there could be negative consequences. Likewise, it isn't a secret that if one puts a loaded gun to their head and pulls the trigger, there probably will be negative consequences to that person's health.

And the people who have to breath in that persons smoke? What about them?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I mean I would crush your skull in a vice but then the blood spraying on everything isn't fair to whoever has to clean it up.

Beyond the pale.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Do you know what was a secret? The fact that the Vegas shooter was stockpiling weapons in a hotel room in order to murder a bunch of people at a concert.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
And the people who have to breath in that persons smoke? What about them?

I honestly don't know. It is a delicate balance, weighing personal rights vs. risk to society. But, as long as we're willing to live with 42,000+ second hand smoke deaths and feel we've done what we could, and that's the number today, then it is hard to understand the laser focus on the ~12,000 deaths a year due to gun violence, how quickly the leftists are willing to remove constitutionally guaranteed rights. And it'd be one thing if there were tangible gains for those efforts, but as we've seen before, things like the assault weapons ban did absolutely nothing but harm rights while saving no lives. Yet many leftists are fixated on implementing such measures (all while not caring at all about much bigger killers).

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I honestly don't know. It is a delicate balance, weighing personal rights vs. risk to society. But, as long as we're willing to live with 42,000+ second hand smoke deaths and feel we've done what we could, and that's the number today, then it is hard to understand the laser focus on the ~12,000 deaths a year due to gun violence, how quickly the leftists are willing to remove constitutionally guaranteed rights. And it'd be one thing if there were tangible gains for those efforts, but as we've seen before, things like the assault weapons ban did absolutely nothing but harm rights while saving no lives. Yet many leftists are fixated on implementing such measures (all while not caring at all about much bigger killers).

We need to get both as close to 0 as possible. A well regulated militia is your right. Well regulated.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Our president has been identified in several felonies, indicated as a con-conspirator in multiple convictions, and is currently the most corrupt politician ever to sit in any elected seat at any political level in the US (that includes the entire history of Louisiana!)

Guns kill dozens of children and innocent babies every day, just so that the jihadist organization that calls itself the NRA can funnel money from the violent, USA-hating gun industry, and retarded middle-america chrome-suckers can have their jollies over the thought of some minority folks getting murdered in the straight, because these people are somehow "not American like they are."

And of course all Slow cares about is smocking.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

You want everyone else to only concentrate on this one issue yet you go on about loads of other stuff.
How about if this bothers you you do something about it? Stop being weak and ineffectual.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
The right to bear arms is a personal right so a well regulated militia can exist when/if need be.

Did you know the supreme court has oly ruled on the 2nd 2 times in the history of the country? The last in 2008 said states can regulate. We just need to keep chipping away at your fearful pussy filled position and we will get reasonable regulations passed.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
i mean imagine if we hammered the issue as hard as the anti-abortion crowd? You would be living in a altright gayafication camp in 5 years.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
[Q
Did you know the supreme court has oly ruled on the 2nd 2 times in the history of the country? The last in 2008 said states can regulate. We just need to keep chipping away at your fearful pussy filled position and we will get reasonable regulations passed.

I think the anti-2A view is the "fearful pussy filled position." Remove rights for the sake of security. I imagine if we ban skateboarding we could save maybe 50 kids lives a year due to preventable head injuries. When do we start the restrictions and take away the right?