What's a game you wanna see?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I want a Freespace game that utilizes our current HW! Its been 8 years already!

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
A new Castlevania game where you get to play Alucard again. We all know Symphony of the Night was the best Castlevania. And I loved Curse of Darkness and thought it was really well done. It was imo what a 3D Symphony of the Night would be like. But give me a new Castlevania where the whole game is inside Dracula's castle, no countryside exploration, and let me play as Alucard. I want to see a 3D Crissagraem.

Engraver

Jun 5, 2007
Lunar 3
Vagrant Story 2
A FF game that doesn't suck (FF games with autoattack ftl)
Remake of FF7
An Elder Scrolls game not dumbed down for consoles and with more than 5 voice actors
A new Quest for Glory game
A new King's Quest game that isn't Disneyfied like the 7th one (need more genie mint-eating homicide action)
Dungeon Keeper 3
JRPGs without the crappy English voice actors, just give me English subs dammit
A MMORPG with good large scale PVP like DAOC

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
A GOOD addition to the Alone In The Dark series. I still play the first and second ones. Third one blew chunks. That was a GREAT game!

imported_hopeless

Oct 29, 2004
Update the Gabriel Knight games, at the least so they can easily be ran on XP and sold in a combo pack for all three. As well as a new game, like the 1st or 3rd games with Tim Curry doing voice.

The same thing for the Tex Murphy games. At least Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive, and Overseer. I completely missed Overseer, but the other two where some of the most fun and funniest games I've played. A bit off topic but does anyone know if The Pandora Directive can be played under XP easily?

What would be great is if they would update alot of the older games that were made by Sierra, Bullfrog, Origin, etc. to be able to run under XP. I'm no programmer but it doesn't seem to me that it would be all that difficult to do rather than just spitting out another sequel that is 95% about the graphics. I like what computers can do visually now, but there seems to be a focus on the visuals at the cost of the other parts of what made alot of the great games great.

Spudd

Golden Member
Aug 7, 2001
MechWarrior 5, done by a developer with the same care and precision as Mechwarrior 2 was designed.
Prey 2.
Gears of War 2. This one's obviously on its way.
Shenmue 3. I can only hope...
WarCraft 4.
KOTOR 3.
Some kind of 4X game in the Battletech universe. Not something like MechCommander. Rather, something that has empire building, and rts elements on the ground and in space, kind of like Imperium Galactica 2. But on a grander scale, with a lot of story/background.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I'd love a new Tyrian game. Fast combat, colorful sprites, excellent music, RPG elements... what more is needed? Certainly better than Raiden and Raptor.

Wheelock

May 3, 2007
Deus Ex 3
Baldur's Gate 3
Dungeon Keeper 3
KOTOR 3
Diablo 3

A lot '3' games here. I can't argue with the list, though. 'Twould be awesome. ::sigh::

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: ADDAvenger
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit
I would love a remake of Rise of the Triad. Just how crazy everything was, just imagine Doom on crack, with a side of shrooms.

Freespace 3. I loved the first two games so much. More than X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

You should see Free Space Open, if you don't have it already. It's the old games with new campaigns and an updated game engine.

I think Freespace 3 with Newtonian physics could be lots of fun. (For those of you that don't know what I mean by Newtonian, think Babylon 5, where the Starfuries would be flying along, then the engines shut off and they rotate and fire, while continuing on their original heading, you know, like it happens in real space ;) ) I'm enjoying FSO, but I just can't get over the fact that I'm supposedly flying in space when my ship banks and climbs like an atmospheric fighter

Along the lines of B5, I would LOVE to see an RTS based on B5 with an updated homeworld engine. That would be sweetness.

rjmiller

Aug 8, 2007
I would definitely like to see a remake involving the original Masters of Orion. The 2nd one was ok, but I still like the first one the best. Also some new star wars space fighting game. I really enjoyed X-Wing: Alliance (would still play it if I had a joystick). Also I agree with the remake of Dungeon Keeper I. That game was just a fun mix of all types of genre and something along those lines would be fun again (even if it was the same with just updated graphics...who knows...)

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
A Total War game in pure real time--even the campaign map played in Real Time.

ICXRa

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
A remake or true sequel to Battlezone / Gold for the PC, not the dumbed down version like Battlezone 2 turned out to be.

OVERKILL

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
I would love to see another "Thief" and another "Fear"

Damn I loved those games.:evil:

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
X-com 4. Squad-level TBS, or they can do the dual turn/realtime approach as in X-Com 3. I liked the economics/political model within Apocalypse as well.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I want something like CS:S, but with more guns, command levels and more realistic gun actions/ physics.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I would like to see a Total War based on WWII. With the risk map and everything.

That would be a huge undertaking by the developer though as it would pretty much require a complete overhaul of the engine and doubling its staff for programming and artwork.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
a damn boxing game for the PC, Fight Night Round 3 was good. EA sucks for no PC port. We only get 1 boxing game every 5 years, and it seems to be the worst game ever. That Thunder crap that came out a few years ago was beyond horrible.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
I would like to see a MMO version of the BattleTech world.

A true world in 3D with the tanks/airplanes/mechs ala planetside, with multiple worlds and huge battles.

Perhaps something like EVE Online, but (instead of or in addition too) fighting in space, you could drop on to planets and it could have a considerable PVP/PVE experience and be huge in scale. The ability to fight as infantry maybe or at the least walk around as a normal person in cities/stations/ships.

It'd be awesome, but nothing like this would ever happen. No one really cares about BattleTech outside of MW which has a pretty small following, and it would require a huge amount of resources for development and actual net play.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: novasatori
I would like to see a MMO version of the BattleTech world.

A true world in 3D with the tanks/airplanes/mechs ala planetside, with multiple worlds and huge battles.

Perhaps something like EVE Online, but (instead of or in addition too) fighting in space, you could drop on to planets and it could have a considerable PVP/PVE experience and be huge in scale. The ability to fight as infantry maybe or at the least walk around as a normal person in cities/stations/ships.

It'd be awesome, but nothing like this would ever happen. No one really cares about BattleTech outside of MW which has a pretty small following, and it would require a huge amount of resources for development and actual net play.

It would be an awesome Sci-fi MMO though.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: mundane
X-com 4. Squad-level TBS, or they can do the dual turn/realtime approach as in X-Com 3. I liked the economics/political model within Apocalypse as well.

UFO:Extraterrestrials is the closes thing you'll see to XCOM 4 right now ,I forgot to say I would like to see Privateer 3 made,really enjoyed the Privateer 2.