What's a game you wanna see?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
What game that to your knowledge is either A) not currently being developed, B) has never been considered as a concept, or C) is vaporware do you wanna see come out? Could be a sequel that was never considered, a remake of an old game brought to current standards, or built off an existing concept.

There's 2 games I think I'd like to see enough that I'd immediately go out and get them

1. World of Starcraft. I was never near as big a fan of Warcraft as I was Starcraft. In addition I much prefer Sci Fi to fantasy. Most MMORPG's seem to go with fantasy as their genre, I'd like to see a sci fi mmo based off of Starcraft universe. Could allow players to be Terran, Protoss, or perhaps even Zerg.

2. Vagrant Story 2 - I loved the first game and would love either a continuation of the story or another game with a similar play style and concept but a new story.

What are y'all wishing would get made? And I don't mean stuff that we already know is coming out.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I have an idea or two for things I'd like to see.

--RPG's:
Either a fixed KOTOR 2 or a KOTOR 3.
KOTOR 3 should NOT have the latest and greatest graphics engine. It should be newer than Quake 3 but thats it. I dont want Lucasarts to piss away lots of time and money on the latest technology and have the game itself suck ass.

A Deus Ex 3 with all the stuff that made number 1 so good. Again, skimp on the graphics engine and make a quality, fun game.

Either a Baldurs Gate 3 or something similar from the companies that arent in business anymore.
Birds-eye view and easy controls. It could be rendered in 3D but it would need to keep its table-top roots. It also needs a great story that is WELL TOLD! :|

--Shooters:
Duke Nukem 4 or Forever or some sort of fun, yet silly shooter from 3D Realms. I would settle for the next Max Payne.

Either a fantasy or medieval 1st person game with no magic or dragons. Something like Dark Messiah but more realistic. Perhaps an RPG with an epic, historical feel. Ancient Rome, Greece or Eqypt would be great, western Europe in the Dark Ages would be cool too.

A SWAT or Rainbow Six game with easier controls.

--Sims:
A new mechwarrior game designed by the kind of people who made the previous ones so great. FASA could dump Microsoft as their publisher and find someone who cares more about the game than a 10,000% profit margin.

An accessible yet powerful modern jet sim.

A good civilization or city sim like the old days, when Bullfrog and Maxis were the coolest. EA crushed both and put out crap since.
Would REALLY like to see a new Dungeon Keeper game or something similar.

--Sports:
The destruction of EA. After that I promise, LOADS of people would be putting out sports games again. We would see some decent competition and (hopefully) more reasonable prices and more innovative titles.

--RTS's and TBS's:
A new Heroes of Might and Magic title, made in the style of 1, 2, and 3.

Any new game by Eugen systems, the people who did Act Of War.

Another Warhammer 40K game that shows some innovation.

Some good grognard games.

Either a Disciples 3 or another add-on for Disciples 2.

--STAR WARS:

We need another Jedi Knight game, BAD! That new console game looks like it may deliver but I dont know if its console-only or what.

Any RPG with the backing of the D20 system to help it get started. I dont want Lucas Arts trying to make up a whole new RPG system just to get one game off the ground. Thats a recipe for disaster. They need to focus on gameplay and story (see my previous notes about the graphics engine). Could be set in either the era of the New Republic or the Old Republic, I dont care. Theres about a thousand books and comic books to give the designers ideas, no reason they cant make another great game.

A top-of-the-line space shooter with 3 things-
1. Epic main campaign.
2. Excellent multiplayer and robust skirmish system. The one in Alliance was pretty good. Take that and expand.
3. A graphics and physics engine that can do the job.
NOT the prettiest thing they can find, but something that can render dozens of capital ships and hundreds of fighters with thousands of blaster bolts and missiles flying around.
This may be the first game that really needs a PhysX accelerator.

But then I really hadnt thought about it much.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
1)I was playing CoD2 the other day and I was thinking it'd be cool if they could make a 'good' WW2 tank simulation game. Basically cover the years 1939-1945 and have it so you could play either the Germans, Russians, American, British, and throw in the French, Italians, and Japanese nations as well.

Start off with your chosen country's earliest tanks up to their latest models. Start off as a lowly gunner or officer and work up the ranks and command a single tank and even move up to larger unit command. Gain medals and honors, and etc., Mulitplayer mode would be cool too.

2)A WW1 Flying sim would be nice to see again. Maybe something like the Red Baron but updated and improved. Covering the years 1914-1918 and can play as the Americans, British, French, Germans, Austro-Hungarians, Italians, and Russians. Multiplayer obviously too.

3)Duke Nukem Forever! <---- Pipe dream. I got a better chance of seeing 1 or 2 methinks.

Edit: I cant believe I forgot this one...

4) A new Jagged Alliance game! I loved JA, JA2, JA2:Unfinished Business. This game would work in todays world easily enough. It'd be cool if a respectable developer picked up its title and made a good quality JA3 or JA4 version.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Age of Empires 4: Age of Empires set in the Ancient World like Age of Empires 1 was, with new innovations, such as bigger maps, perhaps a smaller TW style map, in full real time, and the ability to wage battles in real time simultaneously. The SP campaign is more drawn out than the MP is. Each civ is unique. I'd say aroun 12 civs. It's a pity ES has gotten kind of lazy imho, using the excuse "Making 12 unique civs would be impossible!11!" that kind of attitude never got them to where they are now. It pisses me off.

[Battlefield type game] Battlefield but without the retarded 12 year old douchebags, destructible environments, no stupid unlockable system, lots of modern/semi futuristic vehicles, basically, a game like BF, but set out for a futuro-modern conflict, letting you wield all the toys. Bigger maps, customizable classes, but none of that unlock crap, you shouldn't be penalized because you have a life, and some other player doesn't.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
A great party based NON-MMORPG!! turned based rpg. No first action wanna be crap.

Someone make Wizardry 9 please (not Bethesda).

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
A Turok game (prequel to an already existing title or sequel to one of them) using Crysis' Engine (CryTek 2 ?), imagine the lush jungles, the huge waterfalls, the deep ravines and the mighty Raptors slowly advancing in the brushes towards you, making the leaves and branches move as they walk ... with the sun piercing the forest's countless holes in the trees and overall flora, shining on the beast's skin. Yup I'd like a game like that ...

StarCraft 2 or perhaps even the third one BUT using the Supreme Commander engine ... NOW we'd see what a true Zergling rush could be.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
A new Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines game set in LA again or maybe some other city like New York. I would love for it to have with 5x the quests, 3x the PC models to choose from for each clan + originals, haven apartments for each clan represented in the game, new vampire clans to choose from along with a well supported set of modding tools ala NWN series for the community to play with and use. Oh and large city zones that are 3x the size of the original game to explore. Graphic wise as long as it uses the current HL2 engine I won't be complaining.

Wheelock

May 3, 2007
- X-Wing or Tie Fighter (just imagine the visuals!)
- Deus Ex
- X-Com
- Diablo 3 (isometric but fully 3D like in Titan Quest)
- A realistic pirate simulation (Sid Meier's Pirates! was fun, but I don't always want something so campy/minigame-ish)

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I would love a remake of Rise of the Triad. Just how crazy everything was, just imagine Doom on crack, with a side of shrooms.

Freespace 3. I loved the first two games so much. More than X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

stevty2889

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2003
A modern Master of Magic
A modern X-com, that plays like the original, not like the sad attempts at copying it
Diablo 3

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Drift3r
A new Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines game set in LA again or maybe some other city like New York. I would love for it to have with 5x the quests, 3x the PC models to choose from for each clan + originals, haven apartments for each clan represented in the game, new vampire clans to choose from along with a well supported set of modding tools ala NWN series for the community to play with and use. Oh and large city zones that are 3x the size of the original game to explore. Graphic wise as long as it uses the current HL2 engine I won't be complaining.

I'd buy that in a heart beat.

I would love to see a terraforming simulation game where you have planets or moons like Venus or Mars and you attempt to terraform them into Earth type planets.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
A new fallout game that sticks to the way the old fallout was.
Maybe a MMORPG based on fallout would be cool.

aCynic2

Apr 28, 2007
The one I want to see is the one I'm working on.

A space shooter sim that is based on Newtonian physics, so it's along the lines of "The Last Starfighter" or "Babylon 5," for the fighter level.

All my work may be for naught, but we'll see.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: aCynic2
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Baldurs Gate 3

Checkout Dragon Age by Bioware
BioWare describes Dragon Age as a 'spiritual successor' to the Baldur's Gate series

Oh please...that's been a wip for I don't know how long.

I assume 'wip' means Work in Progress?

Bioware is pushing Mass Effect right now and won't be doing much advertising for DA until after its launch. Dragon Age better herald the return of quality RPGs or we'll have to keep playing NWN1/2 modules for a few more years.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Baldurs Gate 3

BioWare describes Dragon Age as a 'spiritual successor' to the Baldur's Gate series

Bioware is pushing Mass Effect right now and won't be doing much advertising for DA until after its launch. Dragon Age better herald the return of quality RPGs or we'll have to keep playing NWN1/2 modules for a few more years.

My money is on that the private equity group that owns bioware (last independent Bioware title was Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic) either cancels the project or turns it into a multi-platform action RPG (aka a shooter with stats and classes).

That seems to be what everyone is doing nowadays. Hopefully it will not happen, but the thought is in the back of my mind clawing at me.... changing me into... the slayer!

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: thraashman
What's a game you wanna see?
i just want to be really surprised ... like i was with HL .. from the Opening scene ... 'till it deteriorated in Xen.

... like a virgin gamer

rose.gif

. . . touched for the very first time

:D

sorry

i see bits and flashed of brilliance - most recently with the "minion thing" in OverLord - but 1/2 only of it was good; the "Creature" in B&W2 and buggy brilliance with VtMB ... good vs. evil explored in Fable and a Great Story in G3 that falls flat at the End. i see consistent plodding games that are long and bug-free like Oblivion but ultimately fail to satisfy. i see dozens of sequels that are more of the same original game
... :|

damn it ... Can someone please bring it all together for a game - ANY type of game - something new ... innovative and intuitive gameplay that takes my breath away and will hold my interest to the End with a Story that is not full of Huge Plot Holes. And bring it out relatively bug free.

There are true "gems" being made in the Movies ... in Cinema ... from indies to the Studios
WtF is wrong with the gaming industry?

Do we have to write the concept and then the story for them? Who are the writers, anyway?

aCynic2

Apr 28, 2007
Baldurs Gate 3

Yes, WIP means "Work in Progress."

I just picked up NWN2. While I like the graphic, definitely better than NWN, it still suffers from the old stutter bug of NWN and a couple more that really bring the game down.

I remember them announcing DA a bit after the release of NWN. That was a long time ago.

I like NWN1/2, mostly 2 for it's ramped up visuals. It allows some serious story crafting. However, it all falls into the medieval fantasy. That can get tiresome after a while.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Baldurs Gate 3

Yes, WIP means "Work in Progress."

I just picked up NWN2. While I like the graphic, definitely better than NWN, it still suffers from the old stutter bug of NWN and a couple more that really bring the game down.

I remember them announcing it a bit after the release of NWN. That was a long time ago.

I like NWN1/2, mostly 2 for it's ramped up visuals. It allows some serious story crafting. However, it all falls into the medieval fantasy. That can get tiresome after a while.
Whats sad is the D&D universe actually has a lot more going for it.
But for video games they always choose to use the Forgotten Realms campaign setting and always on the Sword Coast.
After a buttload of games set there, it really is getting old.
The world of Faerun has so much more, and then there's the other campaign settings like Eberron, Ravenloft and Darksun.
Not to mention the classic settings of Hollow World and Mystara and Greyhawk.

But the best use of the D20 system (in my humble opinion) is in totally different games like Knights of the Old Republic.
The Star Wars universe is an excellent arena for classic role-playing. Its a shame they only made two RPG's for it and the 2nd one was broken.

Apr 29, 2007
Originally posted by: lxskllr
RTCWII

well raven is making the next wolf game...(thank god they aren't making the mp though).

i would like to see a GOOD Predator game with the cryengine2, where you can play arnie or the predator :D. im not a big fan of the series (or RTS in general), but warcraft 4 would be pretty sweet to the guys that like that kinda game. another good one would be a new tribes game, being closer to the original, but with a new engine. UE3 might do a good job with that. but what i REALLY want has already been announced: quake arena on idtech5 :D

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: CaptainJackSwallows
Originally posted by: lxskllr
RTCWII

well raven is making the next wolf game...(thank god they aren't making the mp though).

Is it definitely in the works? I've heard rumblings of someone doing a Wolf sequel, but not much hard evidence. The Wolf series is one of my all time favorite games. Nazis, zombies, and 1940s era Europe, all with a gloomy atmosphere, and music, It doesn't get much better than that :)