What you can't see on CNN

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MooseKnuckle

Golden Member
Oct 24, 1999
Originally posted by: ndee

Give them land and you're all set. Do you also look for the reasons WHY they hate someone so much? You holier than thou Israelis and Americans.

Get your head out of your A$$, you really believe it's that fusking simple! Remember one thing, the holier than thou Americans are the most benevolent people on the face of the earth.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: MooseKnuckle
Originally posted by: ndee

Give them land and you're all set. Do you also look for the reasons WHY they hate someone so much? You holier than thou Israelis and Americans.

Get your head out of your A$$, you really believe it's that fusking simple! Remember one thing, the holier than thou Americans are the most benevolent people on the face of the earth.

um.... yeah right.
rolleye.gif

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
You've gotta be kidding me, right? Palestinians were disturbed by the creation of the state of Israel. Ok, I concede the point. But Israel has made huge efforts to accomodate the different religions and peoples residing in the state of Israel. Terrorist tactics just make life miserable for both sides without gaining an inch of ground.

I personally love the tactics Israel has been using with terrorists: Level their homes. You can't make a dead man pay for what he's done, but you can make the family that ENCOURAGED him pay. Eventually, the Palestinians will be sick of having to build new homes! And with Iraq not sending blood money to the families it will have an even greater effect.

As for those pictures. One other person noticed: The 1st and 2nd pics show relatively calm soldiers restraining the man. 4th and 5th pics show everybody freaking out. It's painfully obvious to me that the guy on the ground was doing something to freak everyone out. As for not having a bomb, show me some footage of the entire scene. I'd be willing to bet there WAS something and it was removed by the end of the series.

DurocShark: A proud American. Holier than thou or not.

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
If this person was indifferently shot why didn't the people do it right off the bat? Others pointed out the disparity in the sequence; the first 3 pics have people in fatigues, the 4th has what appear to be police in blue, 1 wearing a helmet. Also notice the wheels on the car in the background change from silver to black. Without knowing the actual events leading up the the outcome I don't think I can comment on the contents of this picture. The captioning makes it obvious what someone wants you to think occured, but the fact that it was so clearly chopped up casts a serious doubt on the validity of the whole story.
The fact that things like this don't make it onto the news verbatim as they occur would probably be more in line with not making a spectacle of someone's violent death rather than a desire to hide the truth.

JawaJedi

Sep 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Grakatt
Umm, is it just me or do those last two pics look very different from the first 3?

I don't think they're the same either. If you compare the first three, the truck in the top of the frame has a very clean hubcap yet in the next picture where they've stripped him, the hubcap is black. Certainly they could've driven in a new car... but that would seem rather odd.

Then there's the issue of the army personnel (I'd assume) being the ones holding him down in the first three and in the last two there are men dressed in black instead... Though if you linked that with the car you could hypothesize that the army people left and other people came to kill him...

edit: okay, well the post above me just observed the same thing... a bit too slow i guess

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
This is totally staged. In the fourth picture he's got fruit of the looms on, and in the bottom they're bvd's.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: JawaJedi
Originally posted by: Grakatt
Umm, is it just me or do those last two pics look very different from the first 3?

I don't think they're the same either. If you compare the first three, the truck in the top of the frame has a very clean hubcap yet in the next picture where they've stripped him, the hubcap is black. Certainly they could've driven in a new car... but that would seem rather odd.

Then there's the issue of the army personnel (I'd assume) being the ones holding him down in the first three and in the last two there are men dressed in black instead... Though if you linked that with the car you could hypothesize that the army people left and other people came to kill him...

edit: okay, well the post above me just observed the same thing... a bit too slow i guess

it could also be that the car in the top drove away and that another stands there now. As you can see, that one guy enters the car.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Aimster
This picture is real. The people of Israel have been brought up to think of the Palestinian people as animals not as humans. They do not care for the lives of innocent Palestinian people. The same goes for the other side. They both hate.
You have Palestinian people killing innocent people on the street.
You have Israeli tanks destroying Palestinian?s homes and shooting at people who throw rocks.
You cannot ride a bus in Israel without fearing for your life.
You have Israel soldiers ruling your street and shooting at all people who walk outside that break curfew.
Both of them suck. You can never have peace if there is hate.

Why do you think the people of Palestine support Hamas? Who built the schools? Who feeds the people? Who provides medical care for most of the Palestinian people? It sure as hell isn't Arafat. It's Hamas. What do you think they teach at these schools?

Israel will always use harsh tactics. They can do as they please, because nobody will ever touch them. United States will always back Israel.

The easiest way to solve all this is to give Palestine their land back. Have a fence that separates both countries. Make it impossible for travel between Israel and Palestine. We know this won?t happen with Sharon and Arafat as leaders.

Absolutely, but try to convince Sharon to give back land stolen to build settlements. A huge percentage of US aid to Israel goes to building and maintaining illegal settlements. If I took your land, your home, your dignity, would you not fight back with any means possible. I am completly against suicide bombings, their immoral and pointless, or any attacks for that matter on Israel proper. But any attack on settlements on occupied land is fair game, they should not be there.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000

Nevermind all this, what's with starbucks charging me like three bucks for a cup coffee this morning?

Sheesh.