What you can't see on CNN

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DBL

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by: ndee
Originally posted by: Tabb

Diplomacy? You're livin' in the stone-age, don't you?

Do you have any grasp of what you are saying? You expect Israel to use dimplomacy to appease Hamas, Hezbollah..etc? These terrorist organizations goal is
THE DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL. Tell me how you negotiate with that. Give me an idea. Please?

DBL

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
DBL: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I see, Hitler-comparisons, sorry, you lost. WHAT THE CRAP ARE THE ISRAELIS DOING WITH THE PALESTINIANS? Forget it, you're not worth my time. Guess who did business with the Nazis too? huh? The Americans, so go ***************.

It's not only about that war. My kid gets injured per accident by another kid and has to be blind for the rest of his live. What would you do? Go and make that other kid also blind?

********, you're just not worth my time.

I make what I consider a rather astute observation for your motivations behind vilifying Israel and all you can offer is some foul language. I guess I must have struck a nerve, huh? Oh and your comparison is ridiculous. There is a difference between and accident and murder. It seems I overestimated your cognitive abilities.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: DBL

Do you have any grasp of what you are saying? You expect Israel to use dimplomacy to appease Hamas, Hezbollah..etc? These terrorist organizations goal is
THE DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL. Tell me how you negotiate with that. Give me an idea. Please?

Give them land and you're all set. Do you also look for the reasons WHY they hate someone so much? You holier than thou Israelis and Americans.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
DBL: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I see, Hitler-comparisons, sorry, you lost. WHAT THE CRAP ARE THE ISRAELIS DOING WITH THE PALESTINIANS? Forget it, you're not worth my time. Guess who did business with the Nazis too? huh? The Americans, so go ***************.

It's not only about that war. My kid gets injured per accident by another kid and has to be blind for the rest of his live. What would you do? Go and make that other kid also blind?

********, you're just not worth my time.

I make what I consider a rather astute observation for your motivations behind vilifying Israel and all you can offer is some foul language. I guess I must have struck a nerve, huh? Oh and your comparison is ridiculous. There is a difference between and accident and murder. It seems I overestimated your cognitive abilities.

yeah, throw some special words in there to make you feel better. I'm just astonished by your stupidity. You just HAD to throw that Hitler comparsion in there, hadn't you?

What about: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1301306.stm or http://www.fpif.org/commentary/0105spy_body.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/270849.stm

DBL

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001

Give them land and you're all set. Do you also look for the reasons WHY they hate someone so much? You holier than thou Israelis and Americans.

Oh, I see. Could you finish this sentence for me then? The Nazis tried to exterminate the Jews b/c ______________. I'm waiting....

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Oh, I see. Could you finish this sentence for me then? The Nazis tried to exterminate the Jews b/c ______________. I'm waiting....

learn to quote please and check those links out.

BaDaBooM

Golden Member
May 3, 2000

Actually Yassar Arifat turned down the best offer for land that he was ever going to get. Why? Because he couldn't take it. There are people that would have killed him because they want the destruction of Israel. The people of Palestine want their own land, but unfortunately there are groups behind the terrorists that not only want that but also the deaths of the Jews. All these 20+ years there have been many Israeli leaders spread across the policitcal spectrum with varying ways of dealing with Palistine, including peaceful means. Meanwhile only one Palistine leader, Arifat. Do you really think Israel doesn't want to put an end to suicide bombing? Problem is that the people in control of the Palistine people don't want to. (not to be confused with the people; I feel bad for them, though no more than the Israeli citizens that get blown up)

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I read the articles, what do they prove? After WW2 we used some Nazi officers for their intelligence on the soviet union, you are not suggesting in any way this is somehow equal to the US helping Hitler are you?

What is the point of this thread again?

DBL

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
http://www.filmakers.com/indivs/BankingHitler.htm

I'm done with you. Thank you.

Clearly, my point was lost on you. I was not making a Nazi comparison. I was stating fact. This is corroborated in the article you posted. I never claimed that the USA is innocent of any wrongdoing. On the contrary, we have a lot to be ashamed of in our past. I was just theorizing why many Europeans like yourself love to vilify Israel. The US supports Israel, so it doesn't really apply to the US. Get it?

And before you go, please finish the sentence I posted above.

It's too bad the Jews didn't try to understand the Nazi's hatred for them. If they had, they could have used diplomacy and saved themselves.
rolleye.gif

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
"It's too bad the Jews didn't try to understand the Nazi's hatred for them. If they had, they could have used diplomacy and saved themselves."

That might wind up in my sig if that's ok with you, that's a good one.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
My point: An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth is just wrong. You think you can end a war with that attitude? That was my whole point.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
My point: An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth is just wrong. You think you can end a war with that attitude? That was my whole point.

Then why not show the effect of PLO suicide bombings alongside that other pic?

your point was to bash Israel and in turn the west, unfortunately with a thread like this nobody will take you seriously...

DBL

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
"It's too bad the Jews didn't try to understand the Nazi's hatred for them. If they had, they could have used diplomacy and saved themselves."

That might wind up in my sig if that's ok with you, that's a good one.

Sure. I figured I might as well apply Ndee's logic to his own question about understanding murderers and terrorists and that's what I came up with. I wonder if he will give his version.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
hmm the title of this thread is "what you can't see on cnn"
that's why he included this pic, because as far as the american public is made to believe, israelis can do no wrong.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Theres no way to tell if theyre Iraqi, Palestinian, Syrian, Iranian, Saudi Arabian, Israeli or any other countries police...Wheres the definitive proof of who these people are?

~wnied~

P.S. For that matter, whose to say this picture wasnt doctored in some way, shape, or form??

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
when a palestinian youth (just like the one in that picture) straps on a bomb and blows up women and children eating pizza for lunch or riding to school on a bus, he is called a hero and his family is given money. Until that ends, the pro-palestinian camp doesn't have much of a leg to stand on regarding human rights abuses

So true.

I wonder how quickly the worlds opinion of this age old conflict would turn, if the Palestinian People took to simple non-violent protesting, along with passive civil disobedience and effectively brought Israel to a standstill....

~wnied~

azncoffeeboi

Jun 21, 2001
I dunno if im right, but wasnt there an explanation to this picture, but i might be wrong.

I think i read somewhere that the guy had a bomb on his chest and he was trying to rub it against the floor to set it off or something. Not sure, but I vaguely remeber that explanation. Heh.

Any1 else remeber this?

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: wnied
when a palestinian youth (just like the one in that picture) straps on a bomb and blows up women and children eating pizza for lunch or riding to school on a bus, he is called a hero and his family is given money. Until that ends, the pro-palestinian camp doesn't have much of a leg to stand on regarding human rights abuses

So true.

I wonder how quickly the worlds opinion of this age old conflict would turn, if the Palestinian People took to simple non-violent protesting, along with passive civil disobedience and effectively brought Israel to a standstill....

~wnied~

I'm not at all convinced the creation of a Palestinian state would end that conflict. As I remember, Sharon was willing to talk with Arafat about the creation of a Palestinian state but they couldn't abstain from suicide bombings long enough for talks to proceed so the thing escalated again. With all the anti-semitic rhetoric that comes out of lots of countries in that region... I would be very surprised if an independent Palestinian state ended the conflict there.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7

Then why not show the effect of PLO suicide bombings alongside that other pic?

your point was to bash Israel and in turn the west, unfortunately with a thread like this nobody will take you seriously...

Can you read? I asked what you guys think about that picture. I wasn't bashing Israel or anything. Don't just interpret something.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
This picture is real. The people of Israel have been brought up to think of the Palestinian people as animals not as humans. They do not care for the lives of innocent Palestinian people. The same goes for the other side. They both hate.
You have Palestinian people killing innocent people on the street.
You have Israeli tanks destroying Palestinian?s homes and shooting at people who throw rocks.
You cannot ride a bus in Israel without fearing for your life.
You have Israel soldiers ruling your street and shooting at all people who walk outside that break curfew.
Both of them suck. You can never have peace if there is hate.

Why do you think the people of Palestine support Hamas? Who built the schools? Who feeds the people? Who provides medical care for most of the Palestinian people? It sure as hell isn't Arafat. It's Hamas. What do you think they teach at these schools?

Israel will always use harsh tactics. They can do as they please, because nobody will ever touch them. United States will always back Israel.

The easiest way to solve all this is to give Palestine their land back. Have a fence that separates both countries. Make it impossible for travel between Israel and Palestine. We know this won?t happen with Sharon and Arafat as leaders.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I'm out of here, have a nice day. Go on with your eye for an eye attitude. It's better then using your head and think, right?

guigui38

Apr 15, 2003
I think it's pretty hard to draw any conclusions from those pictures. What's the point of posting this anyhow? Are you trying to equate Israel?s professionally trained army with homicidal, Islamic fundamentalists?

Besides, do you see the mangled bodies of innocent Israeli children strewn over the highway after terrorist attack? Some things aren't considered appropriate. I'm not sure what your beef is.

and do you see the crushed body of palestinian child after a raid of the israeli army?