What sort of bureaucratic culture covers up child molestation?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
I agree, complete bullshit. I can understand why more blame might be placed on the "mentor" that was basically running the joint but at the end of the day a person that allows the rape of a child to not only go unpunished but to continue should not be given a pass. I damn sure wouldn't give him a pass if it was my child.

Agree 100%. All involved in both the crime and the ensuing cover-up should have been fired immediately and should be facing significant jail time. This is absolutely disgusting. The Penn State name has been ruined by these crimes.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Agree 100%. All involved in both the crime and the ensuing cover-up should have been fired immediately and should be facing significant jail time. This is absolutely disgusting. The Penn State name has been ruined by these crimes.

Icepick is 100% right!

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Just because I see so many hostile right wing types on the forums, that I'd like to point that out.

They are both probably anti #occupy too.... while they're dreaming of 10 year old boys.

Yeah, pretty sure you just crossed over into ban land. This has nothing whatsoever to do with politics. The same can't be said about the occupy crowd. That is nothing but political. You sir, are an idiot for bringing this up.

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
This story has been greatly overhyped. One man's sexual crimes don't deserve this national press.

Nothing about this is constructive - it's not as if the anarcho-conservatives who want to legalize child sex are going to get that passed.

If it where just one man's crimes I would agree, but the cover up is horrible and makes it a national story.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
foot ball is odd. Men dressed up in nylon chasing other men to get "the ball". No surprise things happen in the locker room.