What quality of a girl's appearance are you most picky about

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
I've always had this thing where I'm extremely picky about a girl's hair in determining if I like her looks or not. Like I always want it to be long and full and dark if possible. I thought most guys cared a good bit about a girl's hair until my ex clued me in that I seem to care significantly more than most.

So do you have something you're more picky about than most guys? Let's try to leave out the sexual things like boobs and butt.

Girls feel free to chime in too about a guy's appearance.

Jun 19, 2004
You don't date much do you?

I gotta add that I used to be very picky about hair. My ex wife (g/f at the time of this incident) had long beautiful blond hair. We were going that afternoon to have portraits made. Earlier in the day she went to the salon with her mom but said she wasn't getting her hair cut, just her mom was.

Long story short I went to pick her up and I did something no guy should EVER do (heed my words young ones).....I walked in the door to see her with a short "feathered" haircut. She took off almost a foot of hair.

she looked me dead in the eye and said "Do you like it?".....all I said was "You know we were having our portraits made....why???" and I turned and walked out to the car to wait on her.

Yes, I fvcked up royally, but she eventually forgave me because I was just honest with her, the haircut sucked and even she thought so before she asked me, but she was hoping I'd tell her what she wanted to her.

Weird thing is, hair grows back! I know it's a strange concept, but men, you gotta get used to your girl doing funky stuff to her hair once in awhile, because she will. And if she asks if you like it, do like a twix commercial and shove a candy bar in your mouth if you've got nothing good to say.

On the flip side of that I just dated a hair stylist for six months and she loved to "experiment" with different colors and cuts, sometimes three colors at once. It threw me off at first whenever she changed it, but it always grew on me to where I actually liked it. Trouble was, every time I got used to it, she'd change it again and I'd have to start all over :).

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: archcommus
I've always had this thing where I'm extremely picky about a girl's hair in determining if I like her looks or not. Like I always want it to be long and full and dark if possible. I thought most guys cared a good bit about a girl's hair until my ex clued me in that I seem to care significantly more than most.

So do you have something you're more picky about than most guys? Let's try to leave out the sexual things like boobs and butt.

Just basing on hair leads to plenty of but-her-faces

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Tiamat

Why do you say that. I think the two often go hand in hand, actually.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Well the obvious answer is face. Must have a pretty face.

After that it's definitely butt. Pancake butts need not apply.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Hair is pretty important, I'll agree. But don't you just want to take a bite outta that ass?

Also, I concur, brunettes FTW.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Hair can definitely be a turnoff. I remember I returned to my hometown for Xmas/New Year's when I was 19 and ran into this girl I hadn't seen since Jr high... We ended up going out a couple of times and her hair was extremely thick and frizzy...it was like a rats nest up there, though it was clean and smelled nice. It was just too thick though.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Face and hair. I'm not too picky about what color the hair is, but it has to look good, whatever style it is.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Over apperance, personality is still #1, but don't fool yourself. I'm not going to date some 500 lb volkswagon because she has a nice personality.

That being said, boobs. :p

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Not that they can change thing(without going under the knife) but proportionality. Girl can be small on top, if she's a small girl. I don't like when tiny girls are too stacked. Or when taller girls are too lanky.

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: tfinch2
Personality is still #1, but don't fool yourself. I'm not going to date some 500 lb volkswagon because she has a nice personality.

Large and in charge while tfinch rides that barge!!!!! YEEEEHAAAAAA!!! GIDDY UP COWBOY!!!!

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
Hair can definitely be a turnoff. I remember I returned to my hometown for Xmas/New Year's when I was 19 and ran into this girl I hadn't seen since Jr high... We ended up going out a couple of times and her hair was extremely thick and frizzy...it was like a rats nest up there, though it was clean and smelled nice. It was just too thick though.

frizzy I can understand...but you don't like thick hair? I always felt that was one of the most important qualities of a nice head of hair.

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: tfinch2
Over apperance, personality is still #1, but don't fool yourself. I'm not going to date some 500 lb cadillac because she has a nice personality.

That being said, boobs. :p

fixed

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Tiamat

Why do you say that. I think the two often go hand in hand, actually.

My experience here in boston. 7/10 times, great hair from behind = butterface.
If you add a second characteristic like "nice body", 3/10 times is butterface.

There are a lot of obese people that take care of their hair.

I usually overlook minor to medium teeth problems because they are relatively easy to fix. Its harder to fix a face, eyes, 90lbs overweight etc.

To answer the OP, i usually look for the face just after making an "overall weight assessment" first. Then quickly to the upper body :eek: then overall appearance.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003

In the following order

Weight

Face

Teeth

phantom309

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2002
I'm really attracted to fair-skinned women. That leathery over-tanned look is a complete turnoff to me.

Parkre

Jul 31, 2005
Here, here, for Brunettes!!!

Extremely flat stomach, doesn't have to be muscular. There's just something about a flat stomach that just get's me going.

The second thing is short, dark hair on a short girl.

xtknight

Elite Member
Oct 15, 2004
Originally posted by: Parkre
Here, here, for Brunettes!!!

Extremely flat stomach, doesn't have to be muscular. There's just something about a flat stomach that just get's me going.

The second thing is short, dark hair on a short girl.

:thumbsup:

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: PingSpike
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi

frizzy I can understand...but you don't like thick hair? I always felt that was one of the most important qualities of a nice head of hair.
This stuff was so dense though.... I mean, it had natural volume that made it look like a thicket up there. Trust me, I'm all for the Italian women with the full body hair instead of the thinning stuff that a lot of people are stuck with due to genes. I just had trouble with this particular bush. It was so thick Edward Scissorhands could have sculpted some bizarre animal shape in it.

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I don't really care about hair that much, but teeth, yes. Don't get me wrong if she has a crooked tooth (minor) then that's ok, but really messed up or yellow or cavities etc then no.