What quality of a girl's appearance are you most picky about

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thespeakerbox

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2004
Face, Teeth, Hair, Butt, Personality, Perkiness :), Low Rise Pants.
Sometimes in that order, sometimes not.

One weird thing i do is look at a girls shoes. You can tell alot about a women by her shoes. Also if shes wearing jeans that fit amazing, its a plus. Trust me.

No saggy bags, pancake butts, goober guts, prickly legs, smelly breath , untweezed browers, mustache reppin, granny panty wearing ladies need apply.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Changing a hair style is easy for a woman to change, compared to being 100 pounds overweight or flat chested. You should be less fussy about that.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Most men are afraid to say it, but WEIGHT. Even a few extra pounds in the wrong places can totally turn a guy off. Think we don't notice those 3 extra pounds on your ass? Think we can't tell you're not wearing size 0?

So ladies, hug those toilet bowls.

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Nebor
Most men are afraid to say it, but WEIGHT. Even a few extra pounds in the wrong places can totally turn a guy off. Think we don't notice those 3 extra pounds on your ass? Think we can't tell you're not wearing size 0?

I thought you were gay. :confused:

The weight thing just depends on the girl's overall appearance. If she's proportional (including chest :p) and dresses right, it can be fine.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Nebor

LOL - you couldn't be more wrong...

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Obviously, eliminating characteristics that make up a buttertroll (fat, smells, horrible hair and teeth, basically abominations of nature), anyway, for me:

makeup

There is nothing more I hate that girly girls who wear makeup. There are girls I meet/professional models/actresses like Jessica Alba which do nothing for me because I can't stand makeup; it looks artifical in 99% of the cases, and in younger women it looks "girly-girl". I've seen women that people who generally slap a 6-7 on in a 10 point scale in terms of attractiveness that I find far better looking than "10s" because they don't wear makeup. Secondarily, I also prefer women who just wear t-shirts and jeans, nothing again "girly girl", overly tight, halter tops, etc.

loic2003

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
lol some great replies, especially Nebor's!

Yeah, more and more for me it's got to be the personality one. There's oodles of hot chicks out there, but finding the intelligent one/one with actual passions in life is rare.

99.999% of women seem to simply only do stuff that involves looking good: shopping/beauty therapy/whatever/gym... few are interested in I dunno... mechanics/politics/culture/anything.

A rushed answer I must confess, and perhaps I've got the cynical knob turned too high tonight, but I hope you get the gist. Essentially a chick who when you're nerding at your PC or working on a car/bike/bicycle won't just sit around bored awaiting your return to basically entertain them.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: LoKe
I'm not sure if it's considered picky, but I'm more inclined to go for girls with green eyes.

Wasn't it you who had the TV problem, where everyone on the smallville cast had green eyes?

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Shadowknight
Obviously, eliminating characteristics that make up a buttertroll (fat, smells, horrible hair and teeth, basically abominations of nature), anyway, for me:

makeup

There is nothing more I hate that girly girls who wear makeup. There are girls I meet/professional models/actresses like Jessica Alba which do nothing for me because I can't stand makeup; it looks artifical in 99% of the cases, and in younger women it looks "girly-girl". I've seen women that people who generally slap a 6-7 on in a 10 point scale in terms of attractiveness that I find far better looking than "10s" because they don't wear makeup. Secondarily, I also prefer women who just wear t-shirts and jeans, nothing again "girly girl", overly tight, halter tops, etc.

That's a good one, and I agree with you. The funny thing is that women NEVER believe me when I tell them this. It's quite funny.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Yeah, anything more then really light makeup looks pretty bad. I don't even understand the need for lipstick myself.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
i would have to say i look for a more unique and exotic look then your average (and plain) 'button nose cutie' many men are attracted to.

i am also attracted to a unique sense of style.

archiloco

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2004
smile would have to be it, just overall appearance, not that picky anymore used to be very, but learned i would be alone for ever if i was that picky :)

xtknight

Elite Member
Oct 15, 2004
Originally posted by: alien42
i would have to say i look for a more unique and exotic look then your average (and plain) 'button nose cutie' many men are attracted to.

i am also attracted to a unique sense of style.

Yup, you bring up an interesting point. Beauty really can't be quantified. I judge it by deviation from ideal, which varies a lot and depends on their culture. Face symmetry is important to me. Even if it's not exactly ideal, nothing on the face is really a turn-off unless said feature is indicative of some type of disease or lack of responsibility. If you take care of yourself, you can almost always be attractive. Whether that means anything from bathing to proper make-up, it'll 'make up' for the bad feature (no pun intended). Except for weight. :shocked:

ubercaffeinated

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2002
weight, face (has to be decent to look at, amirite), clothing/style, boobs, booty, hair

defense for clothing/style: you can be good looking, but if you don't know how to dress yourself to make it all look good, you're wasted. style encroaches on personality, but it's part of "appearance" imo.

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003

makeup

Wow, we don't agree on anything. Girls that wear T-shirts and jeans for me usually eliminate most of their hot factor if they were otherwise. Tight/girly clothes are essential. As is make-up. Done right and not overly done, though, of course.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
teeth.

i've seen girls who were otherwise pretty, who had jacked up teeth. *shudder* i know it's shallow, but i think that's the point of the thread, right? :eek:

L

Lola

Originally posted by: iamme
teeth.

i've seen girls who were otherwise pretty, who had jacked up teeth. *shudder* i know it's shallow, but i think that's the point of the thread, right? :eek:

i agree with this totally....
case in point... Jewel (the singer) very pretty yet her teeth are needing some fixin.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

makeup

i agree with the makeup part. the only thing worse than an overly perfumed woman with a layer of makeup that can be peeled off is obesity.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
i've got nothing against make up in moderation. of course there are extreme cases when girls wear too much makeup. girls who wear no makeup and just wear tshirts and jeans are a little too "homely" for my tastes.

another thing i dislike is really long hair. i really like shorter hair styles. nothing "butch", but short hair styles are super hot to me, like this:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4821/jessalbaavfi6.jpg

to me, it just looks healthier and more energetic. long hair down to a girl's mid-back is kinda gross to me.