What quality of a girl's appearance are you most picky about

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

swai

Aug 11, 2001
laugh / sense of humor

i can't stand girls that are serious all the time and never look like they're enjoying themselves

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: iamme
i've got nothing against make up in moderation. of course there are extreme cases when girls wear too much makeup. girls who wear no makeup and just wear tshirts and jeans are a little too "homely" for my tastes.

another thing i dislike is really long hair. i really like shorter hair styles. nothing "butch", but short hair styles are super hot to me, like this:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4821/jessalbaavfi6.jpg

to me, it just looks healthier and more energetic. long hair down to a girl's mid-back is kinda gross to me.
Ahh for me that's the best.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: DougK62
Well the obvious answer is face. Must have a pretty face.

After that it's definitely butt. Pancake butts need not apply.

Definately the girls face. Good hair goes with the girls also. I don't care what style/ colour etc but if it looks good it looks good :thumbsup:

I love big eyes on a girl. SOOOOOOOO sexy :D

Koing

maximus maximus

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2004
Originally posted by: archcommus
i've got nothing against make up in moderation. of course there are extreme cases when girls wear too much makeup. girls who wear no makeup and just wear tshirts and jeans are a little too "homely" for my tastes.

another thing i dislike is really long hair. i really like shorter hair styles. nothing "butch", but short hair styles are super hot to me, like this:

to me, it just looks healthier and more energetic. long hair down to a girl's mid-back is kinda gross to me.

amen.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
I prefer little to no make up most of the time. But at times I like a lot of make up. Looks really hawt when we are out!

Koing

Tommouse

Feb 29, 2004
Face, needs to be pretty. Eyes and smile/teeth are very important to me. Nose isn't important as long as its not a beak or anything. Hair is key though, I normally sway towards brunettes with mid-length hair (a little past the shoulders).

I have seen many attractive people with yellow/crooked teeth. To me that is an immediate no go. After spending 7 years in braces/ortho work I expect someone with clean strait teeth who has a great smile to showcase it.

Mar 22, 2002
Definitely smile is #1, and I can't believe nobody has mentioned voice? A cute voice is just, I dunno, it is just really attractive. And then obviously, the other obligatory face, body, butt, boobs, etc. But really, I like a witty girl. Witty girls that try to take me on in arguments = way cute. And plus, I'm more for the fair skinned type of girl.

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
absolute first thing I notice is wether she has a stomach or not. It can say a bit about how she treats her body too. Also, there's no way it's going to get bettter as she gets older.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Aflac
Originally posted by: LoKe
I'm not sure if it's considered picky, but I'm more inclined to go for girls with green eyes.

Wasn't it you who had the TV problem, where everyone on the smallville cast had green eyes?

Yep. Sufficient to say, it didn't bother me! =D

LanceM

Mar 13, 2004
Definitely weight. I don't want to date a Keira Knightley, and I don't want to date a Wynonna Judd. I try hard to eat well and exercise (despite a hectic job), and I expect a significant other to do the same. She doesn't have to be in perfect shape, but definitely no rolls of fat *or* xylophone ribs.

Luckily, I'm married to an someone who loves to exercise.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Originally posted by: maximus maximus

amen.

amen, seconded, QFT, ditto, etc. I love that hairstyle on brunettes and brunettes in general.

I think I'm most picky about the legs.

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: FeuerFrei

amen.

amen, seconded, QFT, ditto, etc. I love that hairstyle on brunettes and brunettes in general.

Wait are you guys agreeing with liking long or short hair? I bolded the long hair part to point out that is what I like.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Yes I am picky about hair too. Don't like getting pubes all up in muh beard.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
I think the "skanky" appearance is something I don't care for. Other than that, I guess I'm also the kind who doesn't like dress-up type stuff, nothing extravagant. I'm also not a fan of makeup.
I don't put much effort into clothing - here's how I decide what to wear:
In the drawers, one pile of clothing is pants, one is shirts. I take what's on top. That's it.
Hair: Shower, generic shampoo, then it gets brushed straight. That's it.

I can't expect someone else to go to extreme measures for cosmetic purposes. In fact I view it as a bit of a waste of time. Spend an hour each day doing up your hair, putting on makeup, and carefully selecting an outfit to wear? Way too long. Such things are wasted on me.
I guess I'd be a cheap date. Even gourmet food is wasted on me. Hershey's chocolate or some expensive Swiss stuff? Hershey's is just fine. Expensive restaurants? Yeah right. Even bigger waste. I'd probably just get spaghetti. I can't stand these big dishes of "medleys of flavor." It's like having someone yelling into my ears, it's just too much all at once.
"No frills" I suppose would be the word.
That is why I don't look for anything elaborate in someone else. I just feel that these things are cosmetic, and really would offer nothing of significant, lasting value to a relationship. At least for me.

mitchelt

Feb 3, 2000
Seems crazy but I look at her finger nails...if she can't keep those clean who knows how the rest of her is? :)

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Originally posted by: FeuerFrei

amen.

Wait are you guys agreeing with liking long or short hair? I bolded the long hair part to point out that is what I like.

Oh my bad. Poor comprehension FTL. I was in favor of the pictured style.

npoe1

Jul 28, 2005
Originally posted by: DougK62
Well the obvious answer is face. Must have a pretty face.

After that it's definitely butt. Pancake butts need not apply.

I agree with you, an angel face and a good ass, boobs B cup to C. the hair is important, but that could be easily fixed. They are in that order. Personality, I count that in another category.