What is you unpopular opinion?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Stop right there, you've just never really enjoyed a good cup of coffee. Too bad.

I don't drink Gatorade.

I really enjoy a glass of wine sometimes, no need to get drunk on it. Not a waste of money.

Disco? Well, it "was an evil trend and it's never ever coming back." Thank God.

I love the smell of coffee, and absolutely hate the taste. I have tried so many different types. I have added this shit and that shit, and it still tastes like shit.

Also note, I have a very strong sense of taste. Its the biggest reason I don't drink, because alcohol is so strong.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Stop right there, you've just never really enjoyed a good cup of coffee. Too bad.

I don't drink Gatorade.

I really enjoy a glass of wine sometimes, no need to get drunk on it. Not a waste of money.

Disco? Well, it "was an evil trend and it's never ever coming back." Thank God.
1.) That is correct. Coffee tastes bad.

2.) -

3.) You're wasting drugs.

4.) Disco never really went away, just changed names. Happy dance music, what is not to like?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Brisket is about as much fun to eat as pot roast (i.e. it's not). 2 exceptions: burnt ends & corned beef (corned beef, if done right - like corned beef hash for breakfast).

I do like Texas-style brisket, but I'd have to agree that corned beef (and pastrami!) are superior to a simple brisket.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I love the smell of coffee, and absolutely hate the taste. I have tried so many different types. I have added this shit and that shit, and it still tastes like shit.

Also note, I have a very strong sense of taste. Its the biggest reason I don't drink, because alcohol is so strong.

Not only does coffee taste like butt but it also gives people horrible butt breath.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
I don't find anything about Arrested Development the least bit funny. Tried watching it a few times, but it's just too stupid to tolerate.

Reactions: ctbaars

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I don't find anything about Arrested Development the least bit funny. Tried watching it a few times, but it's just too stupid to tolerate.

And Seinfeld absolutely sucked ass...possibly the most “unfunny” comedy show ever.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Let me not forget...while campfire-roasted marshmallows are ok...s’mores are terrible. Probably invented by the Hershey company to sell more mediocre chocolate bars...

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
No matter where you put Seinfeld it's always going to be above Friends in the sitcom hierarchy.

Friends wasn't that funny when it come out (one of the most overrated shows ever made) but the actors being young and hot covered up a lot of sins.

I tried to watch an episode a few weeks ago and that show has aged horribly.

Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it......and there it is, another "sarcastic zinger' from Chandler. He is SO FUNNY.

May 11, 2008
That the pcb router software of Altium is not the best one in the world.
I am used to Allegro from Candence and although for people coming from eagle or pads or pulsonix Altium is a huge step forward...
When used to allegro and the speed and intuive functions of menus and working with the program, Altium seems a huge step backwards. Unlogical steps to take, counter intuitive menus.
Focus in the wrong windows. Access violations when using more then 1 monitor and splitting the program over multiple monitors. The inability of panels to dock behind each other, no instead they dock above each other so that no panel is usable anymore. Some functions need a press on an apply button. Other functions require an enter.
When drawing a line, multiple clicks are neededed.
When a DRC error is encountered and you cannot solve it because the track will not move, you have to disable the rules by setting it at ignore all obstacles, and then use the online drc to manually move the track around. And then set the preferences at push and hug again.

With allegro, you can push and shove easily 30 tracks at once and solve the error because allegro allows you to solve the error while the excellent hidden autorouter function solves the issues and at the same time keeps the rules in mind. Not with altium.

With altium when you have a weird error like the pcbdoc not finding any changes that can be imported, closing altium and restarting it is usually the solution.
Also, when trying to access a database. The schematic or pcb libraries will not be found until you close altium and do a restart.

Allegro is designed for speed, with altium i am constantly waiting for altium to finish.

Altium has some really nice and cool features. But i rather have speed and a intuitive user interface than a program that updates prices. We have a purchase department for that.

Last edited:

ctbaars

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
I don't use either of those. My boards are much too simple for many of the things they do. I use DipTrace. But still, may times I wish there was pushing. Still, a huge improvement over Wintek HiWire II I've used for decades.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Here’s a couple more..

Teachers, for the most part, are severely underpaid, while geeks (IT people) are seriously overpaid.

Talking about being grossly overpaid...Professional athletes should NOT get paid millions of $$$ per year to play a fucking game.

Reactions: highland145

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Let me not forget...while campfire-roasted marshmallows are ok...s’mores are terrible. Probably invented by the Hershey company to sell more mediocre chocolate bars...

S'mores are good when you're camping & have been outdoors all day because everything tastes more awesome. But they're kind of a poor design...the chocolate & the marshmallow squishes out when you put it together & when you take a bite. A better design is to use a cast-iron skillet...get it nice & hot in an oven, put a pat of butter in to melt & roll around to coat the bottom, add chocolate chips, top with marshmallows, and put back in the oven for five minutes or so until the marshmallows get lightly toasted. Then, use the graham crackers to dip as edible spoons, like so:

smores-dip-3.jpg

Reactions: snoopy7548

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Here’s a couple more..

Teachers, for the most part, are severely underpaid, while geeks (IT people) are seriously overpaid.

Talking about being grossly overpaid...Professional athletes should NOT get paid millions of $$$ per year to play a fucking game.

I would agree with you, but that isn't why they are getting paid. They are getting paid because their brand commands so much money for that franchise, or because Nike/Reebok whoever makes $$$$$$$ using their name. It's just business. I think the whole thing is pure shit, but from a simple valuation of the reality, they are actually getting paid less of a percentage of value than what what their name is earning for the companies earning off of them.

The only way to "fix" that is to burn it all down.

I'm not adverse to this solution.

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
Death penalty. Some deranged criminals just need to be removed from this world asap.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Are you ready for this?
  • I like pizza, but they're overrated. I prefer burgers and fries.
  • What's up with internet's fascination with bacon? Yes they're delicious and I mow them down, but all these crappy gif recipes with bacon weave are disgusting. So salty.
  • Taco's are also overrated too and I had some amazing ones in LA, JC, and Manhattan.
  • Is this still an unpopular opinion? Democracy is flawed - especially the US version with money/corp owning politicians. How the hell are lobbying and campaign contributions legal? Voting is unfruitful when people are just products of their echo chamber media diet. China made Xi Jin Ping a permanent president just last year, LOL. That's insane to me. But I can see their perspective when they made fun of US and used Trump as an example that perhaps leaving it to the 'masses' to know what's best for the country is not the best idea.
  • It's very alarming that Google has a dangerous control over what kind of news you see. I wondered this 5~ years ago before today's political climate.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Are you ready for this?
  • I like pizza, but they're overrated. I prefer burgers and fries.
  • What's up with internet's fascination with bacon? Yes they're delicious and I mow them down, but all these crappy gif recipes with bacon weave are disgusting. So salty.
  • Taco's are also overrated too and I had some amazing ones in LA, JC, and Manhattan.
  • Is this still an unpopular opinion? Democracy is flawed - especially the US version with money/corp owning politicians. How the hell are lobbying and campaign contributions legal? Voting is unfruitful when people are just products of their echo chamber media diet. China made Xi Jin Ping a permanent president just last year, LOL. That's insane to me. But I can see their perspective when they made fun of US and used Trump as an example that perhaps leaving it to the 'masses' to know what's best for the country is not the best idea.
  • It's very alarming that Google has a dangerous control over what kind of news you see. I wondered this 5~ years ago before today's political climate.

Google still seems to be a very bad at showing you news articles to see, though. They try to tailor your news feed based off of prior stories you've read, but their algorithm seems to be messed up because I basically end up with repeat articles or stories that are just a bad rehashing of a press release I already read.

Reactions: Zeze

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I would agree with you, but that isn't why they are getting paid. They are getting paid because their brand commands so much money for that franchise, or because Nike/Reebok whoever makes $$$$$$$ using their name. It's just business. I think the whole thing is pure shit, but from a simple valuation of the reality, they are actually getting paid less of a percentage of value than what what their name is earning for the companies earning off of them.

The only way to "fix" that is to burn it all down.

I'm not adverse to this solution.
I bet you're one of those commies that hate CEOs making 500x more than the unskilled butter bean pickers.