What is you unpopular opinion?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
My unpopular opinion:

You are not as smart as you think you are. Yeah, you. And you.

And me. But most people are pretty happy to agree with that one.

My friend used this argument with his wife, because he is an idiot:

Her: "Stop being a know-it-all"

Him: "But I do know everything"

Her: "No, you don't"

Him: "Yes I do - I have access to google & google knows everything, therefore I know everything"

Flawless logic. /facepalm

Reactions: dave_the_nerd

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
The story line of Star Wars prequels is better than any of the other Star Wars movies.

Have you seen the Phantom edits? They're actually pretty good without Jar Jar! I mean, everyone loves the origin story, right? Where did Vader come from? How did the Emperor rise to power?

I think a large part of the success that the original trilogy operated off of was a combination of nostalgia & lack of Internet...people simply didn't have the exposure they had before CGI, before Netflix, and before Google, so Star Wars was pretty mind-blowing. I'm too young to have seen them in theaters, but my buddy said when Vader was all like "Luke, I'm your father!" the whole theater FREAKED OUT & just lost it, haha! You rarely see that happen today, plus everything back then had to be either made by hand or painted by hand, so all of the planets, starry backdrops, spaceships, etc. was all handmade stuff by very talented artists, so of course it looked wicked good.

But those original movies were also more emotional...you wanted to go on an adventure with Luke & Han, and use the Force, and fight with your lightsaber. The prequels were more story-driven with an explanation as what happened & why, which is always fun to see.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Lobster is over rated.

I don't think it's bad, but it always just tastes like butter to me. I don't think my tastebuds are sensitive enough to care about lobster. tbh I'd rather have those fake crab legs they stick in sushi, at least they flavor those lol.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Stranger Things season 1 was meh.

Friends was a terrible show.

Canned green beans are better than fresh.

The Muppet Movie is the best movie of all time.

Feb 25, 2011

Him: "Yes I do - I have access to google & google knows everything, therefore I know everything"

Shit. Even I know not to go there.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I used to tell my daughter I knew everything. She believed it too til her mother told her differently :^S

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
But brisket straight up? Not enough flavor & don't like the texture. It's just work to eat it. Bleh. I've had properly-cooked briskets; it's just not my thing. Same thing with pot roasts, never met a pot roast that I've liked. Meh.
Took me a while but when I made roasts I determined that the secret to a juicy mouth watering so tender it falls apart roast is cooking it for hours. Covered roast pan in the oven, add veges as you please and seasoning and patience! If it takes 3 hours, it takes 3 hours. 2 might be enough, can't remember it's been many years.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Coffee tastes bad.

Gatorade tastes like saliva. Athletes might just as well spit into each other's mouths and same some money.

Alcohol is for getting drunk. If you're drinking alcohol and stopping short of getting drunk, you're wasting your money.

Disco was fun.
Stop right there, you've just never really enjoyed a good cup of coffee. Too bad.

I don't drink Gatorade.

I really enjoy a glass of wine sometimes, no need to get drunk on it. Not a waste of money.

Disco? Well, it "was an evil trend and it's never ever coming back." Thank God.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is better than Chick-Fil-A.

Five Guys is turrible.

Del Taco is better drunk food than Taco Bell (and just overall better).

Ketchup does belong on hot dogs while tomato wedges and celery salt do not.

Du hast was the best song of 1997.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=1,version=1524725084.jpg

Reactions: Kaido

bfun_x1

May 29, 2015
People who believe mechanical keyboards are better the rubber dome and membrane keyboards are victims of gaslighting.

Reactions: Kaido

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Even I know not to go there.

Best part is that I was there for it. And he was dead serious, not joking. Fully committed.

Sometimes you can tell exactly what a person is thinking because it's written across their face as plain as the day is blue, and from the dead stare his wife gave him for thirty seconds straight in silence made it clear that she was reassessing her life choices in marrying him. Felt like I was in a sitcom for a minute there :D

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Like Highland said. It'll be hot as shit out, and people will say "Isn't the weather beautiful?", and I want to choke the shit out of them. Especially the motherfucking vapid weathermen on tv. They wouldn't be saying that If they had something more important to do than go from ACd home, to ACd car, to ACd work, and sit on their ass looking pretty.

If you're sweating, it's your body's way of saying "Holy fuck, we're gonna die! Do Something!" as it enters emergency cooldown mode, diverting energy from the brain.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Like Highland said. It'll be hot as shit out, and people will say "Isn't the weather beautiful?", and I want to choke the shit out of them. Especially the motherfucking vapid weathermen on tv. They wouldn't be saying that If they had something more important to do than go from ACd home, to ACd car, to ACd work, and sit on their ass looking pretty.

If you're sweating, it's your body's way of saying "Holy fuck, we're gonna die! Do Something!" as it enters emergency cooldown mode, diverting energy from the brain.

Like me, you're in little danger of that diversion doing any real damage... :p

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

lolollll

Like me, you're in little danger of that diversion doing any real damage... :p
:oops: