What is the most expensive thing u ever bought and never used?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: liquidblue
My rig. It's about 1-1/2 years old, but when I bought it it had everything just a tad below the best for overclocking heaven. But even though other people with the same configuration had it going well, I was stuck with "infinite loop error" problems. Up until today I haven't found a solution anywhere other than using default windows drivers for my video card to keep my machine stable. It's been a really expensive internet machine that still crashes. :(

Did you check your chipset drivers? This kind of problem should be easy to fix.

newmachineoverlord

Jan 22, 2006
Originally posted by: rbV5
Probably last 31 years of my Automobile insurance premiums.

You're the Winner!

I haven't used my car insurance in over three years, and the money I have spent on it in that time exceeds the "value" of my car.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: compnovice

Be glad you didn't have to use it....

20 years worth for me, although technically, I used it, since I can't register a vehicle without it.

Recently: $2000 stove that's sitting on my porch. It'll be almost the last thing put into my kitchen when I remodel, so it's going to be sitting a while longer.

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
$1500 plane ticket to Hawaii, the friend I was going to stay with moved back so our mutual friend no longer wanted to go with me. Her ticket was non transferable so I coudln't get a friend to go with me so they wound up not getting used.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You might think thats a waste of money, but let me tell you somthin, the moment you let it lapse...........

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: shortylickens
You might think thats a waste of money, but let me tell you somthin, the moment you let it lapse...........

LOL, no kidding. I don't think managing risk is a waste of money though, and having never needed to make a claim so far is a nice bonus IMO.

I insure our health, home, autos, and my life and income for a reason, and so far have only needed to take advantage of my health insurance, and hopefully, it will stay that way;)

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: OREOSpeedwagon
Probably my Marshall VS100 and 4x12" Marshall cabinet.. about $750 IIRC. Unfortunately I just can't find time to play anymore :(

I'll give you $200 for it :D

MrBlahh

Sep 15, 2004
My Desktop. I bought the Intel retail advantage at the end of 2005. It ran for a few months and then crashed and ive never bothered to fix it. I got it to almost boot up once but that was probably 2 months after it originally crashed. I probably spent about 600 bucks all together on it. I guess the 400 MHZ P2 I had to use up until I bought the laptop Im using right now about a month ago was good enough :p

I have a friend that loves to blow his money on stuff and never use it. The 3 more expensive things I can think of is the ipod he bought that he never even loaded with music, a pretty nice Sony digital camera that I took its only picture and a bowflex that is now a clothes rack.

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Born2bwire

Originally posted by: ShadoWing
A wife

Technically, I think bennylong would be the only one on the forum qualified to make this statement.

LOL!

As for me, the DVD burner in my docking station. I use the docking station as nothing more than a $250 charger, and the DVD burner in it sits unused ($250) ..decided it was too complicated to try to rig up a KVM to my bluetooth keyboard/mouse (and probably impossible?) Didn't want to clutter the desk with another keyboard/mouse set. So there it sits. Luckily it was a gift =)