What is everyone's problem lately?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 10, 2001
1.) we need a 'report' button
2.) the mods need to crack-down, it used to be that we couldn't say 'homosexual marriage' without threat of being baned.

admittedly it wasn't that big of a deal in mid 99.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think the change is due to the large amount of people posting now. More people, and more topics...visited again and again and again and...well you get the picture.

and people have "discovered" the quick reply. So more posting without reading the entire thread.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Joeyman
I think the change is due to the large amount of people posting now. More people, and more topics...visited again and again and again and...well you get the picture.

and people have "discovered" the quick reply. So more posting without reading the entire thread.
Nah it was a lot meaner here before ithe influx of AOL Chatroom Kiddies prior to 99. It was also a lot more interesting and fun.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: cashman
I have just noticed all of these threads lately everyone has just been so angry at each other. What's the deal people? Anandtech OT was never like this, now it has turned into a huge flamefest recently.

For example, Argo's thread on lateness of engineers. He asked a valid question but certain people turned that into a big fight between the definition of programmer and software engineer.

I'm probably gonna get fscking flamed but you know what, I don't care. Anandtech OT has been a very nice, funny place but lately it has turned into a daycare. Maybe it's because I care of the integrity of OT.

So what's wrong, just having a bad day everyday!? Express your thoughts!

I'm done now. :D

*flame suit on*

PS: Don't get me wrong, there has always been good threads here, not all of them are bad and a flamefest.

You are experiencing selective memory. ATOT has always been a hotbed of e-badasses and malcontents.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
this never would have happened if people just didn't do the "!!!!!!!!1one one !!!111" thing

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
Maybe it's because ATOT is full of bitter assholes like me. Or maybe it's because it's full of bitter assholes like minendo, who hate bitter assholes like me. Or maybe we're all just a bunch of jackasses.

Cheers notfred.:beer: