What is everyone's problem lately?

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
I have just noticed all of these threads lately everyone has just been so angry at each other. What's the deal people? Anandtech OT was never like this, now it has turned into a huge flamefest recently.

For example, Argo's thread on lateness of engineers. He asked a valid question but certain people turned that into a big fight between the definition of programmer and software engineer.

I'm probably gonna get fscking flamed but you know what, I don't care. Anandtech OT has been a very nice, funny place but lately it has turned into a daycare. Maybe it's because I care of the integrity of OT.

So what's wrong, just having a bad day everyday!? Express your thoughts!

I'm done now. :D

*flame suit on*

PS: Don't get me wrong, there has always been good threads here, not all of them are bad and a flamefest.

Kalvin00

Lifer
Jan 11, 2003
It's all Bush's fault!!!!111
rolleye.gif

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Maybe it's because ATOT is full of bitter assholes like me. Or maybe it's because it's full of bitter assholes like minendo, who hate bitter assholes like me. Or maybe we're all just a bunch of jackasses.

ivol07

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2002
I'm so tired of people writing " *flame suit on* ". I hate you for doing that.

And by the way Argo drives like a douche bag.
*flame suit on*

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Current "problems":

Want to get an apartment & stay in the city for the summer, but my dad (who pays 1/2 of my college) wants me to stay in the dorms for another year. If I can't stay in the city, I'll end up working for the city where I grew up for the 6th year in a row...which I don't want to do. :|

Asked a (great) girl out last Friday, she said yes, I gave her my number, but she hasn't called yet. This isn't an emergency, but it's on my mind.

On the plus side, the GFPD finally scheduled my interview, which is the last primary step before I can be hired. After that I'll have to take a psych eval and a physical.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: notfred
Maybe it's because ATOT is full of bitter assholes like me. Or maybe it's because it's full of bitter assholes like minendo, who hate bitter assholes like me. Or maybe we're all just a bunch of jackasses.

But you never that bad in the past, none of you guys were. Many members that I respected have just turned sour; it's like they were all castrated with a dull knife.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: yakko
It is because you don't give us enough booty lovin' anymore.

:Q

Long time, no see! :D

:lips:
Is that good enough to hold you over? :p

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: bradruth
Current "problems":

Want to get an apartment & stay in the city for the summer, but my dad (who pays 1/2 of my college) wants me to stay in the dorms for another year. If I can't stay in the city, I'll end up working for the city where I grew up for the 6th year in a row...which I don't want to do. :|

Asked a (great) girl out last Friday, she said yes, I gave her my number, but she hasn't called yet. This isn't an emergency, but it's on my mind.

On the plus side, the GFPD finally scheduled my interview, which is the last primary step before I can be hired. After that I'll have to take a psych eval and a physical.

hey dumbass...you're supposed to call the girl. NOT the other way around.

you lose, try again.

is that what you're talking about cashman?

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have just noticed all of these threads lately everyone has just been so angry at each other.

I haven't really noticed the hatred here because I've only visited the forum for a few minutes each day for the past few weeks. However, most of the folks that I've been in contact with have been quite pissy. However, I'm not pissy and am just "chillin."

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I'm nice to everyone!

Well..except the n00bs. oh and the dumbasses. and anyone that disagrees with me. and the people that have to always be right, regardless if they are or not. and the people that post threads bitching about how OT used to be. Whoops.

:p

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
It's been like that since before you posted your first post, the scenery just changes. Before it seemed like it was predominantly about hardware, AMD/Intel, Mac/PC, Linux/Windows, and so on and so forth. Now, people like Argo post a thread about how they tailgated and flashed their highbeams and planned to cut off other motorists, all while having the gall to complain about road rage. :D

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: spidey07
hey dumbass...you're supposed to call the girl. NOT the other way around.

you lose, try again.

I initiated the contact, so I figure I'll let her take the next step. More of an egalitarian relationship than you old-timers are used to. ;)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I think it has something to do with a possessed painting that's attracting an underground river of psychoactive slime..

Who you gonna call?