What I have found out about God.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
About the question Can God create a rock so heavy He Himself cannot carry?

It is not enough that you answer yes or no, you must also explain why.

But you may not before answering yes or no, take to gratuitously declaring that God does not exist, that is like in effect taking to flight from honest intelligent thinking and writing.

claiming there is a god with no hard, verifiable proof is taking flight from honest intelligent thinking...

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
What "materials" did "he" use? - BoomerD

God uses Himself as 'material' with everything He creates, is that okay with you?

If your God created the heavens and earth from the nothingness...where was "he" before he did so?What "materials" did "he" use?

• Haha

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
you copied and pasted that whole line of reasoning from somewhere... - skyking

No comment. - Marius Dejess

Now, from your mental database give forth your information on any concept of God, so that we can concur to work together as to resolve the issue, God exists or not, i.e. your God or my God.

Here is my concept of God:

In concept God is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

then we can work together

you copied and pasted that whole line of reasoning from somewhere else, I have seen it countless times before. Come back here when you choose to be intellectually honest and original in your thinking.

• Haha

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
In concept God is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

----------------------------------

Dear posters here who are my opponents, please at the top of your posts, indicate your concept of God, okay?

Otherwise we will be wasting our time and labor, because we are not connected.

Here is my concept of God, which I will put at the top of my every post:

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
that's it. There is nothing more, as the god concept is an invention of man. How many gods has man invented? why is your particular one any better than the thousands of others?

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
Dear skyking, your concept of god is not worth the attention of honest intelligent men to give any attention to.

Try again.

An interesting judgment on your part. You shouldn't be so smugly confident of your qualifications for the cited group of men (and women!).

Here is my concept of God, which I will put at the top of my every post:

See my post #61

Let's try changing the name of your concept:

"Unknown in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

I suggest to you that this would be much more intellectually honest.

Perhaps Richard Feynman put it best:

You see, one thing is, I can live with doubt, and uncertainty, and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things. But I'm not absolutely sure of anything, and there are many things I don't know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we're here, and what the question might mean. I might think about it a little bit; if I can't figure it out, then I go onto something else. But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious universe without having any purpose, which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell -- possibly. It doesn't frighten me.

To be more explicit about my point, your concept of god comes out of a need to have answers to all questions. "God" is your answer to any question to which we (honest intelligent men and women) have no convincing answers. Or as skyking succinctly described it: "in concept god a creation of man to explain the unexplainable".

Reactions: Pohemi and skyking

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
An interesting judgment on your part. You shouldn't be so smugly confident of your qualifications for the cited group of men (and women!).
Right!

I honestly don't mind people's religions or discussions at all, but self-righteous types who show up basically after 4 years of inactivity to talk down to people because they seem to think they are the final authority on god, I give ZERO fuqs about. Maybe they should buy a tent and move to Indianapolis, otherwise they can:

Seeds Up Butt.gif

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I believe the word is dogmatism for this thread,i expected quite a bit more from here.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Dear Occams, please tell me what is your concept of God; then we can work together to concur on whether your kind of God exists, or mine, Who is in concept the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

flat,750x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

Your god and every other god is imaginary. They're delusions of the weak-minded who need to invent a reason for things they don't understand. They're convenient excuses that allow the believer to pretend that god is commanding him to do the things he was going to do anyway. They're the product of brain damage. People who believe in gods are no different that those who believe there's a black helicopter controlling their thoughts except that the black helicopter people have caused a hell of a lot less damage to the world.

• Love

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Nothing created God, including myself; anyone human claiming to create his own god and even prays to it, then he is not doing genuine thinking, the kind that is grounded on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas.

You speak gibberish while trying to sound intelligent and philosophical. You are neither of those things in my opinion.

Fucking nutter.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
In concept God is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning. - Marius Dejess

-----------------------------------

Dear BoomerD, you can repeat that there is no hard, verifiable proof for the existence of God, but as long as you do not present your concept of God, that is altogether not getting connected to the issue at all.

I propose that all my opponents here whether atheists or humanists or whatever, as you oppose the existence of God, just present your concept of God, okay?

Otherwise, don't you at all see that you are not getting connected?

That is why I ask again that all my opponents, please put at the top of your posts, your concept of God, okay?

claiming there is a god with no hard, verifiable proof is taking flight from honest intelligent thinking...

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
In concept God is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning. - Marius Dejess

-----------------------------------

The refusal of my opponents to present their concept of God, that is the most irrebuttable proof that their God - whatever concept they have of Him, He (their concept of) is not worthy of honest intelligent men to give attention to.

• Haha

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I'm going to suggest that "really really really believing" is actually just "complete bullshit and faulty reasoning".

OP slips into the same logical fallacies that trap the truly stupid. A person can't accept not knowing how the universe came to be and invents a god to account for it without ever growing the one brain cell necessary to ask how god came to be.

It's okay to be confused by the origin of the universe, that's beyond human understanding. But creating something even more unfathomable, a being capable of creating the universe just makes it worse.

Hey, there's a spaghetti sauce stain on my kitchen floor!! How did it get there? I wasn't home, I don't like spaghetti, I never spill anything. This is impossible, I can't understand how it happened. Therefore, an invisible man did it. If a person can't understand how incredibly stupid that logic chain is and doesn't recognize that he's doing it himself he deserves a lifetime of delusions.

Explaining away something difficult to understand by attributing it to something more difficult to understand is not an explanation, it's idiocy.
or you are just freaking drunk and don`t remember spilling the sauce.....nice try though....