What happens when food stamps are a day late?

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by spidey07, Aug 30, 2011.

1. spidey07

spidey07 No Lifer

Mass panic, entitlement, etc. Why was there no food in the home? Why was a single day putting you in such a bad situation? So, if food stamps are just a day late your kids will starve? Just listen to the entitlement...listen to it. Be sure to watch the video.

http://rightcoastconservative.blogspot.com/2011/08/food-stamp-money-runs-out.html

2. Infohawk

Infohawk Lifer

I think that we are technologically advanced enough as a society that people should be entitled to have food. I wish we were mature enough as a society that some people should be sterilized after having a few children, but we're not.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Diamond Member

No one is saying they aren't entitled to food, but seriously, if your children are going to starve because the food stamps are a day late, you've got issue.

4. LTC8K6

LTC8K6 Lifer

Food stamps and benefits are often turned into cash anyway. They are then used to buy whatever.

5. JS80

JS80 Lifer

Those fat fucks could use a day or two without food.

6. MovingTarget

MovingTarget Diamond Member

Many people in this country live paycheck to paycheck, with absolutely no wiggle room in their personal finance. If their check is late, the same thing happens. This isn't news, just yet another conservative/liberterian circle-jerk against the poor.

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Diamond Member

Paycheck to paycheck is one thing, claiming you six welfare tickets ...er, sorry babies, are going to starve if your food stamps are a day late is pathetic.

8. jingramm

jingramm Senior member

maybe those poor fucks should stop having so many kids

9. JSt0rm

JSt0rm Lifer

nutrition, you dont know it.

10. glenn1

glenn1 Elite Member

#10 glenn1, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  11. RbSX

RbSX Diamond Member

He doesn't, no.

12. PeshakJang

PeshakJang Platinum Member

I will say it. They aren't entitled to jack shit. Saying they are
    Entitled to food means Somebody else is obligated to give it to them.

If people are entitled to food, then why the * do I have to pay for mine?

They are entitled to obtain food just like everyone else. They are also blessed with the charity we choose to give them. This family obviously believes that gift is a right.

13. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

"stood in line for more than 6 hours...for her 6 children unexpectedly ended"

I swear sometimes the reporters must be cherry picking just for our amusement. So much wrong with that.

14. glenn1

glenn1 Elite Member

Yes, because those on food stamps are well-known for their superb diet habits, food selections, and portion sizing. If it were up to me, I'd do away with food stamps altogether and substitute a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) subscription for their SNAP benefit card. Of course if we did that, many of them might starve to death because they'd have no idea what to do with real food.

15. MagickMan

MagickMan Diamond Member

StairMaster, they don't know it. Or work either, for that matter.

That worthless chick is entitled to go out and find a job, that's what she's entitled to.

16. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

Not with 6 kids. For whatever reason now she is almost certainly dependent indefinitely on extremely giving social services. Even if she has high school she'll never afford day care for 6 kids. I'm speaking as if the fathers aren't there which, statistically speaking, they likely aren't.

17. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Diamond Member

Everyone is entitled to food, as much as they can buy. I didn't say entitled to free taxpayer funded food.

18. Lanyap

Lanyap Elite Member

It's only entitlement when you're talking about old, conservative, white republicans wanting their food stamps.

19. ohnoes

ohnoes Senior member

six kids on food stamps is pretty ridiculous. you kind of want to limit the # of kids per family that can qualify, but at the same time it's pretty dickish to punish the kids for the actions of their parents. I feel like republicans should be embracing abortion, not vilifying it...

20. SandEagle

SandEagle Lifer

you have to be a parent to perhaps understand the fear this woman has. a day can turn into two, three, etc. i'd panick too, but only because i cant go a day without lobster.

21. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

That's not entitlement, that's hypocrisy! :p

By the way, I'm pretty much "fed up" (pun intended) with the whole welfare thing. There has to be a better way...

22. Svnla

Svnla Lifer

Funny that I just went to the grocery stores tonight (just got home a few minutes ago).

I was at the checking out line at Kroger and there was this obese women in front of me. Her "foods" were full of junks such as chips, cola, cookies, icecream, and on and on, not a single "healthy" item or fruit/veggie. Guess what she pulled out to pay her "foods"? Yup, a food stamp debit card.

Oh, and her daughter was fat as well. The next generation of underachievers/leechers. The chain shall not be broken.

23. DCal430

DCal430 Diamond Member

California is real generous with its food stamps. You get 6 months continued food stamps even after you get a high paying job. Know someone who lost their job for a month, was rehired, and collected 7 months of food stamps. FYI he made 6 figures.

24. JSt0rm

JSt0rm Lifer

I dont disagree with either of you. However my statement is as true after everything both of you wrote as it was before.

25. piasabird

piasabird Lifer

I work for my food. Why do people think they are entitled a handout? It use to be people got married and both the man and the woman would work for the benefit of their children. I hope our country goes broke and everyone starves to death. Wouldnt that be funny?

I know you think it cant happen. However, New York City went into default in the 1970's and no one would buy their notes. It could quite easily happen. A lot of Europe is on the brink of collapse. This is part of what caused the spring effect in egypt, lybia, syria, etc. If people can not eat they will rise up and kill whoever has the food.

It is not a bad Idea to have some emergency food supplies.

#25 piasabird, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011