What first world problem did you have today?

Page 600 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
My LiFePO4 battery charger only works with the cord positioned a certain way. This suggests to me that the cord is shot and ready to start a fire or that the solder where the cord connects is shot and ready to start a fire. Now I have to open it up and replace the cord without starting a fire. I suppose I should unplug it first though using the AC power to melt the solder might be easier than getting out the solder gun.
I blew the fuse on my multi-meter. It's a Radio Shack unit so I'll just FML.

Skunk-Works

Jun 29, 2016
Tried for two days to get BF2 to install in Win 7 64. Finally read baout how you need to run the installer and patches as Admin and that solved the issue. To think I can play GTA Vice City and FSX without that crap perfectly fine. Way to go EA!

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Tried for two days to get BF2 to install in Win 7 64. Finally read baout how you need to run the installer and patches as Admin and that solved the issue. To think I can play GTA Vice City and FSX without that crap perfectly fine. Way to go EA!
Didn't they kill the online service for that? BF2 was the greatest Battlefield by a long shot. My friend and I used to get banned because we were so good.

Skunk-Works

Jun 29, 2016
Didn't they kill the online service for that? BF2 was the greatest Battlefield by a long shot. My friend and I used to get banned because we were so good.

Yes, they did. But you can get a client called BF2 Hub and still play. I love the AIX mod. It makes that game like it should have been. You should totally check it out.

You can still play Command & Conquer too. http://cnc-online.net/

Feb 25, 2011
disgusted-mother-of-god.png

I actually enjoy writing API automation.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I got a static window sticker from the classical radio station I gave money to. It wouldn't stick to my truck window :^(

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I had a $25 gift card for pepboys that expired tomorrow, so I went to buy something. There was nothing there I wanted or needed. The closest was some led strip lighting I could have put under my dash, but I'm pretty happy with my xmas lights I have wired into a cell phone charger. I ended up getting a 5qt bottle of mobile oil, and WITH the gift card, it was only ~$5 less than the oil I get at walmart. $5 isn't worth the effort of getting out of the chair. Wasted trip...

Feb 25, 2011
I hate working on group projects. This one is "partners."

I'm done with the assignment (it's due in three weeks) and I'm pretty sure this dude thinks he's my partner because we sit near each other. But he hasn't tried giving me his email or anything, because he's not proactive.

Fortunately, none of that was a euphemism.

Feb 25, 2011
I had a $25 gift card for pepboys that expired tomorrow, so I went to buy something. There was nothing there I wanted or needed. The closest was some led strip lighting I could have put under my dash, but I'm pretty happy with my xmas lights I have wired into a cell phone charger. I ended up getting a 5qt bottle of mobile oil, and WITH the gift card, it was only ~$5 less than the oil I get at walmart. $5 isn't worth the effort of getting out of the chair. Wasted trip...

$25? I would have been all about the decorative valve stem caps. Maybe some fuzzy dice.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Last week was warm.
Today was friggen gosh darn hecking COLD!

Like lethal nipple cold! Freezing your sperm without a cup COLD! Damn cold!

Cold!

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
$25? I would have been all about the decorative valve stem caps. Maybe some fuzzy dice.
You're probably right. I could've tricked out the truck with a bunch of cheesy accessories. That would have at least been good for some lulz. Sucks getting old. I was just telling the draftsman today I wanted to buy something. Anything. Just something new and fun. I already have everything I need, and don't need more crap laying around. I need to build a new computer, but this one's such a worn out piece of shit, I've gotten attached to it. Bits and pieces keep dying, but it's still chugging along, leaking caps and all. At this point, I'm curious to see how long it goes.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Things are looking up a little. She really likes the Purely Fancy Feast tonga tuna meal, and she's eating that. I think that has a fair amount of phosphorus, but it's a start. Starving has zero P, but that's not helpful. I also bought some chunk light tuna in water. I'm gonna try the eggs again, but break them up in little pieces, and soak them awhile in tuna water. Sounds disgusting, but she didn't like the eggs neatly folded per my preference :^D

Now, I just need to figure out how to some calcium carbonate in her...
Haven't tried the eggs/tuna water yet, but looking online, I got the idea of using egg shells for calcium. I dug a couple out of my compost bucket, washed, cooked, ground them, and sprinkled some on her food. That seems to be going pretty well. I didn't use a lot. It was probably half a shell. I didn't want to give her a dinner full of grit, and wanted to gauge acceptance. Looks like it a go, so I'll start saving my egg shells. I like this cause it's closer to a cat's natural diet, instead of mined minerals. Harder to go wrong.

Otherwise, kitty's doing pretty well. Her weight has come up a bit, and she's feistier, and seems happier. I'm pleased :^)

Reactions: highland145

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Just poured a glass of whisky, and it got away from me. The pour was a little more stout than I'd have liked on top of the brandy and whisky I already drank. Guess I'm getting a little drunk tonight :^/

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
We expect pictures.
I'm not a very interesting drunk. I change very little, and have to be pretty ripped before anyone knows anything's different. Just chilling with the cat next to the wood stove. . The only thing that sucks is I have to work tomorrow, but work's been low key lately, so it could be worse. If things go well, I'll only have to layout a couple signs, and spend the rest of the day fucking around on the computer :^).