What first world problem did you have today?

Page 602 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Went outside to split some wood, and cut my knuckle. I think I might bleed to death from this minor wound :^S I get bleedy in the winter. Minor cuts are a pita cause I bleed over everything. Sometimes I don't even notice. See something on the floor, think "WTF is that?!" and realize I must have hit an artery a couple mm below the skin :^S

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Never mind the time. Whatcha gonna do with the money? You should take a nice vacation, and that'll also cover the time.
I usually buy myself a watch each time I break up with a woman. I have quite a nice collection going now. It's basically the same cost as taking her out to a nice meal, except the watch lasts 5-10 years instead of 12 hours.

Reactions: lxskllr

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Went outside to split some wood, and cut my knuckle. I think I might bleed to death from this minor wound :^S I get bleedy in the winter. Minor cuts are a pita cause I bleed over everything. Sometimes I don't even notice. See something on the floor, think "WTF is that?!" and realize I must have hit an artery a couple mm below the skin :^S
Surgical tape is your friend. That and sterile gauze pads.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
It's 5:30 and still light outside :^( The grass is thinking "I should get taller now", and the bugs are starting to stir. Winter's waaaaaaaaay too short. Seems like summer won't fuck off for months, but winter comes and goes in the blink of an eye. I want to live where they have to pipe sunlight in.

edit:
Giving it some thought, lawn mowing season is about six months long. Feels like it's 10* that when I'm doing it. I think I'd like living in Squirrelland. where you miss summer if you forget to set your alarm.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Trying to organize my BDU/ACUs, and the cat's "helping" by grabbing the blousing strings and stuff while I get them on hangers. PITA, but she's part of the reason I leave them on. I only use them once in a blue moon, but she loves them, and rolls around like an idiot grabbing the strings while I put on my pants. She gets excited whenever I grab something camo.

Somewhat related... I've overbought pants. For awhile, they were hard to find at a decent price, so I'd buy them whenever they turned up. I now have enough to outfit a platoon. No manlets :^P

HEY!

Why dont you go fuck yourself?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I could more or less pass as one if I was a tad shorter. Need to find my pot of gold!
the_end_of_the_rainbow.png

Fun fact: I saw the end of a rainbow once. It was ~200' away in a horse pasture. Didn't see any gold :^(

Skunk-Works

Jun 29, 2016
I also saw the end of a rainbow once. It was on a lake. I'll never forget it. Pretty damn amazing nature is.

On YouTube I seen a moon rainbow in Hawaii.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Otherwise, kitty's doing pretty well. Her weight has come up a bit, and she's feistier, and seems happier. I'm pleased :^)
Kitty's really getting feisty. Seems like every day it gets a little harder to get a pill in her, and it's now starting to require a sacrifice of blood on my part.

Haven't given her vitamins in a couple days. She especially hates that, and it requires prep on my part. I've opportunistically snatched her up for her pill without taking the time to prep the vitamins. She's learning the routine, and avoids me when she thinks it's medicine time, so I've got to get her when she isn't expecting it.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Kitty's really getting feisty. Seems like every day it gets a little harder to get a pill in her, and it's now starting to require a sacrifice of blood on my part.
Have you tried toweling her? The towel is kind of a giveaway that you're going to grab her but you could always to the grab first and then go for the towel.

I woke up way too early this morning. That's been a pattern lately and I don't like it. I don't normally do mornings so this is really f***ing with my whole perception of life, the cosmos and the meaning of existence.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Have you tried toweling her? The towel is kind of a giveaway that you're going to grab her but you could always to the grab first and then go for the towel.

I woke up way too early this morning. That's been a pattern lately and I don't like it. I don't normally do mornings so this is really f***ing with my whole perception of life, the cosmos and the meaning of existence.
I butter the pill first, so I'm holding a buttered pill in one hand, and snatching her up with the other. I could figure out a different routine I guess, but this is working ok. I'm pretty well acclimated to pain, and give a lot of (literal)blood to work. I can spare some for the cat.

You should embrace morning. It's the best time of day. Everything's quiet, the air smells better, and everything goes smooth as glass. After morning, the humans start stirring and fucking everything up. It all goes downhill after 7am.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Problem #1: Someone wrote me a paper check.
Problem #2: They folded up the check making it difficult to photograph.
Problem #3: My bank changed their electronic deposit system so I can no longer deposit checks with a PC, only with a phone app.

Now I have to go to an ATM like a neanderthal.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Problem #1: Someone wrote me a paper check.
Problem #2: They folded up the check making it difficult to photograph.
Problem #3: My bank changed their electronic deposit system so I can no longer deposit checks with a PC, only with a phone app.

Now I have to go to an ATM like a neanderthal.
It's bullshit that they require (I assume)proprietary software to do your banking. You should complain. Demand they free the source code for the (cr)app, or give a solution everyone can use that doesn't require special software.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Snow turned to rain. Sigh... All I want is some winter. I make the stupid grass shorter. I sweat my ass off doing tricks for other people. I get sunburned, and monkey assed. I don't think a bit of winter is too much to ask for my sacrifices...

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Went to church since I had not gone in a while, and preacher went over by like 15 minutes.
Dude... Don't fall for the bullshit. According to the doctrine, god is everywhere. You already know the stories, you know the doctrine. There's no reason to go to church except feeding the coffers, and wasting your time. If you want to be religious, do it on your own terms, and let the "preachers" find a useful job.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Go to church for the right reason… to meet babes.

Oddly enough the church is usually the place to go for that. Christians don't really do the bar scene.

I just go for the fellowship, and I'm kinda the sound guy. I say kinda, because I miss enough that some of the kids have started to take over. :p

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
The only part of church I like is when they give you the free communion wafers. I want to buy a box from Amazon just to munch on.

Reactions: Charmonium