What first world problem did you have today?

Page 500 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I'm redownloading Battlefield 1 after deleting it a few weeks back so I could get some work done... Well, work's done.

Edit: And Craigslist, oh, Craigslist. Some dude bailed on me last week, said he'd reschedule, disappears all week, then comes back and low-balls me. I'm not that retarded...
I'm just curious what do you do for a job?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Oh man. Yesterday evening after work I took the manliest poo anyone has ever taken (though it only required 3 flushes IIRC) and while I was surprised the stupid apartment toilet could handle such manliness, it apparently did. I peed before bed like normal and flushed the toilet but wasn't paying a lot of attention to it.

I got up at like 5 AM and went to pee and was looking forward to going back to sleep for a few hours until I had to get up, when I flushed the toilet and the fucker overflowed all over my goddamn bathroom floor. I spent the next half hour wiping it up and still need to clean it with bathroom cleaner at some point. Mother fucking bullshit ass pussy toilet. I think the thing I'm most looking forward to when I finally own a house is the ability to get whatever toilet I want, cause the fucker will be a badass one and better be able to flush two dozen golf balls otherwise I don't want that piece of shit.

Reactions: Charmonium

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Going to get 8" of snow tomorrow. That's not really a problem for the blower which can transport sh** into the next time zone. But my street is one of the last to get plowed so I'm probably going to be snowed in.

Speaking of which, have you guys seen these sled shovels? Holy hell it's the greatest invention south of the cost of a snowblower. Been using mine for 2 years and I don't feel like I need a snowblower anymore. Quick work, no lifting. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Garant-24-in-Sleigh-Shovel-EPSS24/205680983

I can clear my 4-car driveway of 6"+ in like 10-15 minutes. I should go ring some doorbells armed with this thing.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
clamum - tried to quote you but got an error so . . .

You'll still get back ups. I have a powerflush toilet that uses water pressure to blast shit down the drain but that only gets you so far. You can still get wads of toilet paper stuck in the pipes. And you can get especially bad clogs if you use wet wipes that don't disintegrate. I use Cottonelle wipes which seem to do a good job of disintegrating in water with a little agitation, but most don't. It's a real problem for sewer companies. Just google the word fatbergs and you'll be in for a real treat. remember what is seen cannot be unseen.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
It has been warm for the last few days so I decided to cook outside and guess what. This morning the temperature plummeted. Not freezing but colder than the last few days.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
rh71 - that looks like cheating. If you aren't risking a hernia then you're not being a real man. Even with a snow blower, you've got to be able to man handle that beast. Mine is a 28", 10hp monster that has to be tamed like a wild stallion. Sliding something along the surface all carefree and shit is the lady man way to shovel. :colbert:

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
rh71 - that looks like cheating. If you aren't risking a hernia then you're not being a real man. Even with a snow blower, you've got to be able to man handle that beast. Mine is a 28", 10hp monster that has to be tamed like a wild stallion. Sliding something along the surface all carefree and shit is the lady man way to shovel. :colbert:

My dad needs help at his house too so being able to transport this thing is great. I wouldn't be able to throw a snowblower in the back of my SUV.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
clamum - tried to quote you but got an error so . . .

You'll still get back ups. I have a powerflush toilet that uses water pressure to blast shit down the drain but that only gets you so far. You can still get wads of toilet paper stuck in the pipes. And you can get especially bad clogs if you use wet wipes that don't disintegrate. I use Cottonelle wipes which seem to do a good job of disintegrating in water with a little agitation, but most don't. It's a real problem for sewer companies. Just google the word fatbergs and you'll be in for a real treat. remember what is seen cannot be unseen.
Well thanks for crushing my dream, good sir. lol. Well fuck it, I'm still gonna get a motherf'er of a toilet though. I like the sound of "a powerflush toilet that uses water pressure to blast shit down the drain." Now that's a frickin man's toilet.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
Oh man. Yesterday evening after work I took the manliest poo anyone has ever taken (though it only required 3 flushes IIRC) and while I was surprised the stupid apartment toilet could handle such manliness, it apparently did. I peed before bed like normal and flushed the toilet but wasn't paying a lot of attention to it.

I got up at like 5 AM and went to pee and was looking forward to going back to sleep for a few hours until I had to get up, when I flushed the toilet and the fucker overflowed all over my goddamn bathroom floor. I spent the next half hour wiping it up and still need to clean it with bathroom cleaner at some point. Mother fucking bullshit ass pussy toilet. I think the thing I'm most looking forward to when I finally own a house is the ability to get whatever toilet I want, cause the fucker will be a badass one and better be able to flush two dozen golf balls otherwise I don't want that piece of shit.
Americans insist on using siphon flush toilets just because they don't want to smell their own shit, I can't see any other reason not to prefer washdown toilets like the rest of the world does, which do not get clogged.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
We had a paper cutter in the office that was awesome. It was the paper cutter that U.S. Army Private Wilks used to decapitate an entire Panzer division at the Battle of Rorke's Drift, tanks and all. It cut like a mofo, was stable, the blade properly sprung, perfectly aligned, perfectly straight. Our secretary, who lacks for enough to do, decided that it was old, ugly, and too heavy so she replaced it with a limp-wristed piece of crap, the Justin Bieber of paper cutters. The spring is insufficient to support the feather weight blade. Somebody's gonna lose a finger, assuming the blade doesn't get dented on their skin. The blade wobbles and curves out of true so straight cuts are all but impossible. Nothing so minor brings on quite as much rage against the wrongness of the universe as bringing a paper cutter blade down and having the paper bend instead of cut.

Reactions: Ns1

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Americans insist on using siphon flush toilets just because they don't want to smell their own shit, I can't see any other reason not to prefer washdown toilets like the rest of the world does, which do not get clogged.
Apparently washdown can also be prone to skid marks (lol) and multiple flushes to remove sticky shit caught to the sides, but they are way better at not clogging. Ugh... I like the siphonic toilets just fine, it just seems to be they need a bigger pipe.

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
Going back to Sweden in August to visit my old corridor mates.
Cashing in some FF miles, so that means I can get a free 2 night layover somewhere.
Prague, Brussels...not sure which. Would like to book this weekend so the business class seats I am looking at don't disappear on me.
Visiting some WWI sites around Ypres does sound interesting.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
Apparently washdown can also be prone to skid marks (lol) and multiple flushes to remove sticky shit caught to the sides, but they are way better at not clogging. Ugh... I like the siphonic toilets just fine, it just seems to be they need a bigger pipe.
it is true, but it greatly varies with the specific design of the bowl too, some bowls are just wrong and I can't take a dump without leaving skid marks, others instead are almost immune if you sit straight.
I'm not an expert on hydraulics but the mechanism of siphonic toilets might be the thing that doesn't allow to have a bigger/straighter pipe.

Going back to Sweden in August to visit my old corridor mates.
Cashing in some FF miles, so that means I can get a free 2 night layover somewhere.
Prague, Brussels...not sure which. Would like to book this weekend so the business class seats I am looking at don't disappear on me.
I don't know about brussels but you can cover a lot of ground in the old part of Prague in the equivalent of 2 full days if you can avoid the lines, but it's all about the medieval stuff, not WW stuff. It's a small destination really, you can see almost everything there is to see in less than a week. It's also filled with tourists.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I did have some first world problems in some third world countries, would those count as first or third world issues?

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000

Watch your step...

And I managed to get mild frostbite on my toes again... indoors. Despite wearing socks. FML.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
There's this white shit falling from the sky right now. Looks nice but I don't have the shoes for it. Speaking of shoes, Amazon sells boots I want but can't try them on and it's hard to find locally. I hate buying shoes... it's why I only have two pairs.