What first world problem did you have today?

Page 300 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
A lady hit my car because she was texting. Sitting at a stop light that just turned green. I guess she saw green and looked down and started moving forward. Broke my license plate holder, bent the plate and put a few good sized scuffs on the bumper. Not going to worry about it as the damage isn't worth fixing and it's and old car.

Her car had the entire front bumper broken in multiple places and the hood looked a little spring.

Bad thing is that as soon as she was back in the car, she was driving while looking down and doing something on her phone. SMH!

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Bought a new SSD for the laptop. Went to clone and I use Truecrypt so I was hoping I could transfer the encrypted sysytem. NOPE! Wouldn't boot. Even restored the original Winblows header. So I unencrypted the SSD and cloned again. Now I need to see if this damn new SSD will boot.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I wanted to leave a review on an unsafe Amazon product but it is limited to 400 characters, I don't have enough room for all the technical things wrong with the product. "This product is gonna burn my house down" will have to do as far as technical stuff.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Finally went out into Siberia to buy some fun groceries. First time buying chicken broth in a long time, couldn't understand why Campbell's 900g box was $2 while Campbell's 284-ish grams can was $1.75. Dafuq? Is the can one concentrated?

Last edited:

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
20F outside & snowing, hit the button to remote-start my car, came out 10 minutes later, it didn't get the signal. Had to drive halfway to work cold :(

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Trying to figure out what the hell a drone is flying over our 15MW power plant for. All sorts of regulations that are being broken here me thinks.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
My $5 Starbucks Coffee didn't have enough cream in it. Asked the staff to add more & they did. Close call.

There's still another 7 hours in my day though...so who knows what else might happen.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I won less than $10 on my personal Powerball tickets so the trick out new truck for about $35K USD at the dealership will have to wait for a long while. <sad panda>

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Made cornbread in my new cast iron loaf pan... Haven't tried it yet but it looks very pale on the outside. Probably should jack up the heat or baking time for the next batch.

And I need a mechanical weigh scale. Only one I like is $50 and only has ounces... Don't want to deal with batteries.

Edit: I also have to dust my cable box. It hasn't been cleaned in probably a year. Looks hideous, but it's a bitch to clean due to all the grills. How do I not mash the dust into the box when cleaning the grills...

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Edit: I also have to dust my cable box. It hasn't been cleaned in probably a year. Looks hideous, but it's a bitch to clean due to all the grills. How do I not mash the dust into the box when cleaning the grills...
Vacuum.

It should also be noted that the stuff getting into the box is nowhere near as hideous as the stuff coming out of the box.

Feb 25, 2011
My rear taillight and blinker (same bulb) were burned out long enough that, now that I've replaced it, I'm a little bit surprised when it turns on and works.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Vacuum.

It should also be noted that the stuff getting into the box is nowhere near as hideous as the stuff coming out of the box.

Too paranoid about static to try. Will probably wipe around or brush it parallel to grill holes.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
My $5 Starbucks Coffee didn't have enough cream in it. Asked the staff to add more & they did. Close call.

There's still another 7 hours in my day though...so who knows what else might happen.

xTowRg0.jpg

MUCH cheaper than coffee. And you can chase it down with beer which is always a nice little treat at 6AM.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Bought a new laptop, shipping taking a day longer than anticipated. Tomorrow I'll be tracing the package all day long. Is it wrong for a man in his late thirties to act like this once he reads "out for delivery" status change?

o7XLPqJ.gif