What first world problem did you have today?

Page 752 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Home owners insurance, umbrella policy, 2 cars, 3 drivers (1 under 25)....$3049/yr. The business liability plus the truck, another $2193/yr.
Yeah, the under 25 one probably kills you rates. You could always trade in the truck for a scooter and save some money :p

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Yeah, the under 25 one probably kills you rates. You could always trade in the truck for a scooter and save some money :p
Ideas on where to trade the under 25 and get a lifetime refund?

He's almost $1K of that which really isn't too bad. His car is still worth ~$4k so I'll keep full coverage for a few more years.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Got on my rig Sunday after waking up (late ftw), and noticed I had a couple notifications in the Windows notifications thingy. They were from Windows Defender, which found a couple things:

defender01.jpg
defender02.jpg

I was sleeping at 12 noon so I think it just found these then, for some reason. Because after removing/quarantining these, all of a sudden going to Bing.com on my desktop PC worked (I posted about that problem here before), which hasn't worked since early September. That malware must have been interfering with Bing.com. I have no idea where I managed to get it from cause I normally don't go on crap sites but I guess I must've around then.

The Start menu wasn't coming up after removing the files, but after a restart my rig seems to be fine. I'm considering just formatting the Windows drive though cause I'm uneasy about whether everything was removed. Although I did go since September, apparently, with that frickin crap on there. At least most of my games and all of my projects/docs/etc are on other drives.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
d5gne0f1zra41.png

The opposite for me:
3 very good months would bring me 7figures.
3 very bad months would *NEVER* make me homeless

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Farking USPS delivered (for UPS) the ground cover fabric for the floor in my greenhouse. Damnit...Now I gotta get off my fat arse and actually go outside and do something.
abe.thumb.png

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The opposite for me:
3 very good months would bring me 7figures.
3 very bad months would *NEVER* make me homeless

Then you must be part of the upper class. I know 1 bad month for me would put me homeless. Sadly I make 80k+ which is a lot, but cost of living just keeps going up so only got like $300 extra at the end of the month and that's not accounting for the non fixed things like groceries or gas for the vehicle.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
My 3 year old son got some cooking spray and tagged the whole living room.

Little bastard got the TV too...

I just finished a glass of wine and now I'm eating some homemade French toast with whipped cream, in peace and quiet.

Wait, I think I'm in the wrong thread...

• Haha
Reactions: highland145

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
You should thank him for getting you the chance to replace the tv.

I just bought it on Black Friday, it came clean with a 90/10 mix of water and alcohol.

He got locked in timeout for half an hour and when he laughed about it he got whooped. Fortunately mom was pissed too so she supported the beating lol.

Reactions: highland145

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Then you must be part of the upper class. I know 1 bad month for me would put me homeless. Sadly I make 80k+ which is a lot, but cost of living just keeps going up so only got like $300 extra at the end of the month and that's not accounting for the non fixed things like groceries or gas for the vehicle.
Holy shite man, $80k and only $300 left over? Sheit. I guess I don't know how much I have left over; I should do a budget and see. I actually want to visit a financial planner to make sure I'm doing what I should for retirement (I save through company 401k but am not sure I'm doing enough). But I have enough in my checking to go many months paying rent/utils/groceries.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Holy shite man, $80k and only $300 left over? Sheit. I guess I don't know how much I have left over; I should do a budget and see. I actually want to visit a financial planner to make sure I'm doing what I should for retirement (I save through company 401k but am not sure I'm doing enough). But I have enough in my checking to go many months paying rent/utils/groceries.

Yeah it's bad, everything is just so expensive and just keeps going up. I was actually doing better 10 years ago even though I made like 70k since everything was cheaper.

Mortgage $1300, Hydro $140, city taxes $360ish, water $100, gas, $120, insurance $170, cell phone $60, internet around $60 etc... just to name a few of the bills. 80k is also gross, so by the time I see the money it's around 60k or so after all the deductions.

I wish for individual it worked like a company, we should only get taxed on profit. Ex: our after living expense income. So whatever is left over after you pay all your bills, that's what we should get taxed on. It's how it works for companies.

Toying with starting a corporation so I can put a lot of stuff under it. Like maybe I can put the house under the corporation and then rent to myself. I'd have to sit down with a tax accountant to figure out the best approach while also staying legal.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris