What first world problem did you have today?

Page 751 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
So I'm trying to gain weight and recently (say, starting maybe around 3 weeks ago) my already mediocre appetite went down even more. You'd think with eating more calories, and drinking shakes with like 1600 calories (lol) in them would "stretch" out my stomach and maybe increase my appetite. But no.

Lately I haven't even been feeling like eating dinner. I'm hungry for breakfast and lunch but for some reason just ain't for dinner. God dammit.

So I decided to send a message to my PCP and ask if maybe there could be some medical reason for it (low testosterone?). She replies: "this could be due to depression or vaping. Please cut back on vaping." lololol Jesus Christ. She harangued me about it on my annual checkup a month ago, mentioning that handful of sick kids (from bunk ass juice, I did all I could do to not roll my fucking eyes). Yes vaping is the evil scourge that must be eradicated! Fuck off with that shit. If it was up to them you'd live in a padded room and eat salad.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
So I'm trying to gain weight and recently (say, starting maybe around 3 weeks ago) my already mediocre appetite went down even more. You'd think with eating more calories, and drinking shakes with like 1600 calories (lol) in them would "stretch" out my stomach and maybe increase my appetite. But no.

Lately I haven't even been feeling like eating dinner. I'm hungry for breakfast and lunch but for some reason just ain't for dinner. God dammit.

So I decided to send a message to my PCP and ask if maybe there could be some medical reason for it (low testosterone?). She replies: "this could be due to depression or vaping. Please cut back on vaping." lololol Jesus Christ. She harangued me about it on my annual checkup a month ago, mentioning that handful of sick kids (from bunk ass juice, I did all I could do to not roll my fucking eyes). Yes vaping is the evil scourge that must be eradicated! Fuck off with that shit. If it was up to them you'd live in a padded room and eat salad.
Well, get a pad, duh.

Real help comes from peeps you pay for. If they tell you to stop being stupid, ...well. Or keep paying and keep being stupid.

Pretty simple, imo.

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Eat a lot of nuts. I've gained 10# this winter. I used to think it was due to drinking season, but this winter's been so shitty, I haven't been in the mood for drinking. I have eaten a shit ton of nuts though. I think I'm at ~8# so far(in-shell mixed nuts+peanuts). I've eaten a bit more generally also, but the nuts really stand out.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Eat a lot of nuts. I've gained 10# this winter. I used to think it was due to drinking season, but this winter's been so shitty, I haven't been in the mood for drinking. I have eaten a shit ton of nuts though. I think I'm at ~8# so far(in-shell mixed nuts+peanuts). I've eaten a bit more generally also, but the nuts really stand out.
Really calorie rich.

Should have just had more of the special sauce...imo.

;)

edit: and what is 10lbs over 6'5" anyway?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
10# across 6'5" isn't so bad, but I was already 15# heavier than I'd like :^D I'd like to be an even 200#. I have a bunch of exercise opportunity coming up, so I should be able to get rid of some of it. I have an oak I need to turn into trailer boards, and the remainder will be split and stacked for firewood. That should keep me busy for awhile.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Just got my energy bill. Looks like I'll have to make my biannual payment next month. I won't have enough credit left to cover it :^(

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010

Seconding lxskiller suggestion. Eat a lot of nuts and nut butter. 200 calories in a spoonful of PB. Great for gaining weight.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Having trouble fitting two monitors on my current desk. My favorite desk lamp in the whole wide world is in the way. fml.

Reactions: Zanovar

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Forgot to turn off my alarm Friday morning so it woke me this morning. I didn't have to work :(

I did get in a late morning nap thought, so crisis averted! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I had an issue with one of my Rush 2049 cabinets and the monitor was acting up as seen in this video below.

So the replacement pot came today and it took a whole 2 minutes to solder on and then everything worked. So I could finally put them back together and get it all cleaned up. And then I had to calibrate the monitors. Ugh #firstworldproblems.

bCHyME1.jpg

I spent SOOOO much money on KI in the arcade. Well, for me at young 20's. There was always a rift between the MK screw and KI though, like you couldnt do both. I enjoyed them both and didnt care to hop between games.

View attachment 16790

Haha no, but same idea I guess. All back tires are wider and bigger. Makes them wear faster, annoying.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
10# across 6'5" isn't so bad, but I was already 15# heavier than I'd like :^D I'd like to be an even 200#. I have a bunch of exercise opportunity coming up, so I should be able to get rid of some of it. I have an oak I need to turn into trailer boards, and the remainder will be split and stacked for firewood. That should keep me busy for awhile.

Dont worry about weight so much, at least not base everything off of it. You probably know that, but just saying. BMI says I am "morbidly obese", but Im not.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
BMI is mostly based on someone that does not work out as well, if you work out then you'll have more muscle than average and muscle is heavier. My BMI puts me within the normal range but on the slight high side, but I do work out, somewhat (not like every day though). Been losing a few pounds here and there though as I've been watching my diet a bit more. Mostly just eating less junk food. I'm down to 145. Probably don't really need to go lower than that, I just need to work out more.

Reactions: highland145

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
BMI is mostly based on someone that does not work out as well, if you work out then you'll have more muscle than average and muscle is heavier. My BMI puts me within the normal range but on the slight high side, but I do work out, somewhat (not like every day though). Been losing a few pounds here and there though as I've been watching my diet a bit more. Mostly just eating less junk food. I'm down to 145. Probably don't really need to go lower than that, I just need to work out more.

145? That's kilos...right? 145 lbs...that's like 6th-7th grade kids...in the USA.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
145? That's kilos...right? 145 lbs...that's like 6th-7th grade kids...in the USA.

I was like 110 lbs when I was in high school lol. Had trouble gaining weight. If I get past 150 then I start to actually feel fat. Even now I have a bit of a belly I could afford to lose. There's a 6 pack under there somewhere. :p

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005

I've been around 145lbs for probably the past 15 years. 5'10". I also eat a lot and don't limit myself, though it's almost always home-cooked, no fast food.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Well, get a pad, duh.

Real help comes from peeps you pay for. If they tell you to stop being stupid, ...well. Or keep paying and keep being stupid.

Pretty simple, imo.
I don't understand what you're talking about :cryingcat:

A pad? The "peeps you pay for" you mean the doctor? Maybe my brain is broke.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Home owners insurance, umbrella policy, 2 cars, 3 drivers (1 under 25)....$3049/yr. The business liability plus the truck, another $2193/yr.

• Wow
Reactions: snoopy7548

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Home owners insurance, umbrella policy, 2 cars, 3 drivers (1 under 25)....$3049/yr. The business liability plus the truck, another $2193/yr.

That's not terrible. If you divide it by 20 years, it's only $262/year. Most people pay that much each month for insurance. :p