What do you think AMD's response to GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti will be?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mohit9206

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2013
So let me get this straight,you are getting annoyed since the RX460 came in at the same price-point as the GTX750TI but was generally faster. Then you say "but the GTX750TI has been out for years!". Then you ignore the fact the GTX1050 is coming two months later and is more expensive than the RX460. I would certainly expect it to be faster taking that it to consideration. In the UK at least 10% to 15% faster if the cards are similar FPS/pound.

Then you sing the praises of the GTX1050TI which is coming nearly two years later than the GTX960 and looks to be marginally faster(or similar speed),and cheaper.

So why are you not saying the GTX960/R9 285/R9 380 have been out for years too?

So how is that any different from the RX460 replacing the GTX750TI at the same price and being faster,and matches the GTX950 whilst being cheaper.

These are your words not mine:

You know very well 28NM was extended for years,so that level of performance at under £200 has been around for years. You need to apply it to both companies.

Sorry,but I found the RX460 "meh" since it was a slightly cheaper GTX950. The GTX1050TI looks like a cheaper GTX960/R9 380 at £139. We had R9 380X cards for just over £150 a few months ago and GTX960 and R9 380 cards for like £120 to £130 months ago.

I am not understanding your negativity for the RX460 and the enthusiasm you have for the GTX1050TI.

They are both meh. My GTX960 can get pushed in recent games quite a bit. So its starting to hit the point the performance will be more and more of a limitation.

You and a few others were moaning about FreeSync yet,some of those FreeSync monitors are the cheapest with DP at £100 in the UK. I know people with Nvidia cards who bought the FreeSync monitors just because even the other specs are decent. Can't you even realise in many countries those FreeSync monitors have replaced non-FreeSync ones at almost the same price?? There are a few 120HZ/144HZ ones under £200 which are among the cheapest with that functionality in the UK.

Unless you get a special offer deal,the GSync monitors are much more expensive comparing to equivalent models with FreeSync. I would love a GSync monitor as I could keep my card longer(especially since card prices will probably skyrocket next year for us in the UK),yet you are talking £50 to £60 at the lowest end. That is a massive premium on a £200 monitor. Some are even £100(!!) and OcUK then knocked off £40.

It might different in this country,but FreeSync has never had the level of hostility like I see here - primarily because most of us feel it will also push down GSync pricing over time too,which I want. But anyway,its not going to change anything,so we can just agree to disagree.
RX460 is more meh than 1050Ti.
Same power consumption but much slower. $139 launch price for 4gb was a quick cash grab before the Nvidia onslaught but now its where it should be at $100 and $120 respectively.
Goes to show that Nvidia isn't the only one who would resort to inflated prices without competition.
In any case good to finally see 4gb cards that can fully take advantage of the available vram in the sub $150 market.