What crime did Hunter Biden commit, and to what extent is Joe Biden involved??

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I love you too Moonie, but i always have to call them as I see them. I always have to stand for truth, justice and the American way and support the Constitution of the United States of America, but it doesn't make me love you or other Americans any less.
More like you stand for 10,000 untruths, obstruction of justice, and American greed.

Jul 9, 2009
cool, so you're effectively on-board with impeaching Donald Trump.
I'm stated a number of times that the if the Democrats think they have a reason to impeach President Trump they should get off the pot and do it. Have at it. Go for it you dumbfucks.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Here are your own words:

the son of a VP should perhaps pursue a career in something like a nonprofit.
Hey, remember when conservatives were attacking Chelsea for her work with a non-profit because it was all just a front for corruption? Starbuck wants you to know the best thing for the child of a politician to do to avoid the appearance of corruption is to work for a non-profit.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Is it too much to ask that our politicians, their families and close associates not entangle themselves in the oligarchies that emerged from the fall of the Soviet Union?

Sure, right you help us Impeach a sitting President for the treason of soliciting foreign nations to interfere in our elections.

Feb 4, 2009
Hey, remember when conservatives were attacking Chelsea for her work with a non-profit because it was all just a front for corruption? Starbuck wants you to know the best thing for the child of a politician to do to avoid the appearance of corruption is to work for a non-profit.

And how many DECADES have they wanted a businessman to be president
How many times have we been told the current President is a businessman and their will be some minor conflicts
Where were these guys when the Presidents comical family run blind trust discussion happened

Reactions: dank69

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Lets face it, they all are crooks.
Money and power is hard to resist. I bet most people here could not resist if the opportunity came along.
I love the movie THE BIG SHORT about the 2008 financial meltdown.
One scene, Steve Carell as Mark Baum tells an audience that we live in a world of fraud and corruption.
"We live in an era of fraud in America, not just with banking but with government, with religion, with education, with food, even with our baseball".
Such a great line and right on target.

Sure... the Clinton's made money off of their charitable foundation. Donald Trump also has a charitable foundation that he took money from. We have scandal after scandal in sports, in politics, we even have parents paying to get their kid into college.
And those colleges more than willing to take that money.
So... is Joe Biden a crook? Probably.
And so is our congress, especially those who made their career out of service in the house and in the senate. Mitch McConnell is a crook and quite a wealthy crook. Same goes for Chuck Grassley, and for so so SO many others.
Donald Trump is a crook and Trump uses his position as president to benefit his family and benefit the brand of Donald Trump.
How can anyone point fingers or toss stones when most of us would do the same if the opportunities came our way.
We are no better then those crooks who we elect into office, and continue to re-elect into office.

Enough of this public outrage over scandal and corruption. We all do it, or we would if we had the chance.
If we had the opportunity to benefit financially, and we seen that everyone else is doing it too, sure we'd join in the fun.
Like I said, we are no better than the people we elect. So is it any wonder they are all crooks?
Richard Nixon didn't invent corruption, Nixon just kept the corruption going.

So with politics and elections, one must assume all of the choices are either crooks or potential crooks.
It's a given.
Our challenge is to find "some" redeeming value in the candidate. Something that we want or agree with.
With the corrupt religious right it's all about abortion.
They don't care if Trump is a crook, they only want a Supreme Court that will ban abortion.
And the top 1% don't care if Donald Trump is a crook, they just want their tax cuts and to become even more wealthy. So if Trump can deliver, GREAT!
And the Alt-Right don't care if trump is a crook, they want their wall and their anti immigration legislation.
So you see..... we're all crooks. We vote for crooks and we enable crooks.
Whats the big deal when we learn some president or some wannabe presidential candidate is a crook? It's part of the territory.
It's part of us. We are the crooked ones at heart, we're just waiting our turn for the big score.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Remember guys, the President who won't release his tax returns, is in flagrant violation of the Emoluments clause, and who solicits foreign leaders to do personal favors for him, is deeply deeply concerned about political corruption..

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I love you too Moonie, but i always have to call them as I see them. I always have to stand for truth, justice and the American way and support the Constitution of the United States of America, but it doesn't make me love you or other Americans any less.
I know. I just want to express my opinion as to why you see truth justice and the American way as you do. I think those things are very important to you. I wanted those things so badly when I was young that I set about to prove their real value and in absolute terms, to prove to any rational mind they absolutely did exist. Instead what I discovered in my mercilessly honest effort was that none of those things really exists. This realization cast me into a state of hopeless despair. I realized that from that point on my life would be completely empty and I would never again know any piece of mind or happiness. I lived with raw pain, sadness and depression. So instead of trying to prove I begin to really seek, what does it mean to suffer. Why do we do it. The most important thing I discovered was that others like me who knew the world is empty of meaning owing to some insight or other were not troubled by that. That caused a crack in my thinking, a challenge to what I had yet to realize were unconscious assumptions I held about the nature of reality, namely that you need meaning, the good, to live in happiness. How can those who know that life has no meaning be happy. It hit me one night as a result of a sudden and dramatic shift in concentration from introspection to awareness of the present, brought on by an external event, that the need for meaning is as meaningless as everything else. It was all so very simple. Wow, I am. Everything that I thought I had lost, everything I had ever hoped could be were right there all along within me. Truth is being but you only know it when you are. I can't give you being. I can't give it to myself. But when you are or even once were, it changes everything. That I know this is what I wanted to say. Like you, I want to do the best I can to tell the truth as I see it.

If you lose everything you believe, what is left can't be taken and that is not the hand me down chaff of your childhood culture, but what you were born to be, your Buddha nature, your real self, the image of God within us. We have not evolved for billions of years without the love of being. So grab a banana and swing from the trees. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Lets face it, they all are crooks.
Money and power is hard to resist. I bet most people here could not resist if the opportunity came along.
I love the movie THE BIG SHORT about the 2008 financial meltdown.
One scene, Steve Carell as Mark Baum tells an audience that we live in a world of fraud and corruption.
"We live in an era of fraud in America, not just with banking but with government, with religion, with education, with food, even with our baseball".
Such a great line and right on target.

Sure... the Clinton's made money off of their charitable foundation. Donald Trump also has a charitable foundation that he took money from. We have scandal after scandal in sports, in politics, we even have parents paying to get their kid into college.
And those colleges more than willing to take that money.
So... is Joe Biden a crook? Probably.
And so is our congress, especially those who made their career out of service in the house and in the senate. Mitch McConnell is a crook and quite a wealthy crook. Same goes for Chuck Grassley, and for so so SO many others.
Donald Trump is a crook and Trump uses his position as president to benefit his family and benefit the brand of Donald Trump.
How can anyone point fingers or toss stones when most of us would do the same if the opportunities came our way.
We are no better then those crooks who we elect into office, and continue to re-elect into office.

Enough of this public outrage over scandal and corruption. We all do it, or we would if we had the chance.
If we had the opportunity to benefit financially, and we seen that everyone else is doing it too, sure we'd join in the fun.
Like I said, we are no better than the people we elect. So is it any wonder they are all crooks?
Richard Nixon didn't invent corruption, Nixon just kept the corruption going.

So with politics and elections, one must assume all of the choices are either crooks or potential crooks.
It's a given.
Our challenge is to find "some" redeeming value in the candidate. Something that we want or agree with.
With the corrupt religious right it's all about abortion.
They don't care if Trump is a crook, they only want a Supreme Court that will ban abortion.
And the top 1% don't care if Donald Trump is a crook, they just want their tax cuts and to become even more wealthy. So if Trump can deliver, GREAT!
And the Alt-Right don't care if trump is a crook, they want their wall and their anti immigration legislation.
So you see..... we're all crooks. We vote for crooks and we enable crooks.
Whats the big deal when we learn some president or some wannabe presidential candidate is a crook? It's part of the territory.
It's part of us. We are the crooked ones at heart, we're just waiting our turn for the big score.

I'm kind of amazed at your ability to #bothsides what is unambiguously just something Trump did.

Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm stated a number of times that the if the Democrats think they have a reason to impeach President Trump they should get off the pot and do it. Have at it. Go for it you dumbfucks.

So what you're saying is that one of your two related statements in these comments is a lie.

Which is it?

Mar 11, 2004
And how many DECADES have they wanted a businessman to be president
How many times have we been told the current President is a businessman and their will be some minor conflicts
Where were these guys when the Presidents comical family run blind trust discussion happened

Oh they were here making sure we knew how little it mattered to them then. They've consistently been full of shit hypocrites on basically every single issue, not like they weren't going to be on this. Hell they told us how little they cared about potential corruption with Turmp and his business while trying to scream about how concerned they were about Hilary enriching herself via Uranium One.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Quid pro quo is only illegal if it is for personal benefit. What personal benefit was Joe looking for?
Amazing coincident that Joe Biden's son just happens to land a nice board seat on a Ukrainian pro Russian energy company. Replace the last name of Biden with Pence and what do you think would happen? Not claiming any wrong doing because there is no evidence but the optics doesn't look good especially when paired with Hunter's past and the Air Force 2 trip to China.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Amazing coincident that Joe Biden's son just happens to land a nice board seat on a Ukrainian pro Russian energy company. Replace the last name of Biden with Pence and what do you think would happen? Not claiming any wrong doing because there is no evidence but the optics doesn't look good especially when paired with Hunter's past and the Air Force 2 trip to China.
We don't need Pence for an example. What the F are Trumps children's business dealings worldwide if not because they can get to Trump by providing opportunities of benefit to his kids. This is real time, clown.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

No one is arguing about the optics. I think the China trip is a topic for another thread though.

Let me again reiterate that there was never any indication of any Ukrainian investigation into Hunter Biden. In fact, the guy alleging it was likely coerced into false testimony by Rudy Giuliani and later walked it back:

From the article:

[US Ambassador to Ukraine] Yovanovitch was recalled in early May. For Trump and his allies, the career diplomat served as the perfect “deep state” agent in a convoluted conspiracy theory Giuliani was spinning. And for the Poroshenko administration, the ouster of Yovanovitch—who had bluntly called it out for corruption—would be a victory. (Poroshenko went on to lose to Zelensky in the presidential race.)

In the following weeks, Lutsenko made a series of allegations in interviews with John Solomon of The Hill, including that Yovanovitch had given him a “do-not-prosecute list,” and that Joe Biden had abused his position as vice president to engineer the ouster of Viktor Shokin, Lutsenko’s corrupt predecessor, to kill an investigation into Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company that was paying Biden’s son Hunter up to $50,000 a month to sit on the board.

The State Department, which is not completely an arm of the Trump administration, bluntly dismissed Lutsenko’s allegation against Yovanovitch as an “outright fabrication.” And Lutsenko would later walk back the claim about Yovanovitch, admit there was not an active investigation into the Bidens, and concede that he didn’t have any direct evidence against the former vice president’s family. But by that point, the allegations had already taken hold in the right-wing fever swamp.

Fox News hosts Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity gave airtime to the unfounded allegations that Yovanovitch was out to get Trump. The president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., retweeted a roundup of the allegations and wrote, “We need more ⁦@RichardGrenell’s and less of these jokers as ambassadors,” a reference to the current U.S. ambassador to Germany.

Feb 4, 2009
Looks like Trump tried to recruit Australia in effort to find dirt on origin of Mueller investigation.

Where is the alt right angle on Australia?
There has to be something otherwise the President wouldn’t have been “smart” enough to ask.
Funny how reading shit news is getting the President into trouble.

Jul 9, 2009
So what you're saying is that one of your two related statements in these comments is a lie.

Which is it?
No, i want the Democrats to have a floor vote on the impeachment of President Trump. It's my opinion that nothing will be more damaging to the Democrats hopes in 2020 than a failed attempt at ousting President Trump in the Senate. Not only will it severely damage their chances at the White House in 2020 it will impede their opportunities in the House and the Senate. So yes I hope that the Pelosi holds a floor vote to impeach and that McConnell leads the defense and acquittal of President Trump. I've been listening to you clowntards calling for impeachment for over 2 years, first with the Russia lies, then obstruction lies and now whistling past the graveyard lies.

Have at it, get to it, shit or get off the pot

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Yes, it *would* be quite damaging to the Democrats to impeach the president *before* doing an impeachment investigation. I'm not sure why you think they should do that.

Mar 11, 2004
There has to be something otherwise the President wouldn’t have been “smart” enough to ask.

Australia's been struggling with similar right wing shithead politicians for probably as long as we have.

As for why, I'm guessing Russia has been telling Turmp shit to look into (knowing its just going to lead to a clusterfuck and provide ample distraction probably from them compromising other countries).

Feb 4, 2009
Australia's been struggling with similar right wing shithead politicians for probably as long as we have.

As for why, I'm guessing Russia has been telling Turmp shit to look into (knowing its just going to lead to a clusterfuck and provide ample distraction probably from them compromising other countries).

Saw in the other thread it likely has to do with Popandopolus (spelled wrong) drunken brag. Which lead to Mueller.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
You may recall that the Russia investigation started with Papadopoulos bragging to an Australian diplomat about Russia's dirt on Clinton and the Australian being better Americans than anyone in the Trump administration and reporting it to the FBI.