Dugn8r

Apr 26, 2017
Hello! I want to build a system for my office. Initially, I was looking for a PC case, but two things: #1 - I don't ever use pens and paper, and desks with lols of drawers is a waste. #2 - I have limited space. #3 - I wanted one system for my video use and one system to act as my database server and can handle additional video rendering tasks at the same time. I was looking at the Lian li cube, and it was cool, but would take up too much space. Then I looked at one of their computer desks. Super cool, but ugly as sin. Then, I came across the Badvolf Volchara desk. Anyone use one? the specs are impressive: 2x 560 radiators, two full size EATX mother boards, 16x 140mm fans, 9 HDD's and two digital control panels. Plus, it looks REALLY nice.
BadVolf-Volchara-Desk-7.jpg

Anyways, I was thinking this desk, 2 ASUS Maximus IX APEX boards, 2 or 3 NVidia 1080 for each board, Samsung PRO 960 M2, and 32 gigs of Corsair's 25400 (I think) RGB ram for each. Then fill those fans up with the thermaltake Riing 14 fans. Any suggestions? I know it sounds like a lot, but honestly, creating/rendering video is my business so I want something ultra fast and a conversation piece. What about lighting?

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
For the prices those things cost it might be better to have one custom made with proper dimensions; but to be honest (at least if you are me) it makes more sense to get a nifty itx case and stuff the computer in that.