Well, this should put a damper on the "NFT craze".

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

Further proof that Crypto is... intangible? Best buy real artworks, that you can actually hang on your wall.

I had no idea that NFTs didn't actually store the data for the item IN the blockchain.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Well the point is proven once again:

A fool and his money are soon parted...

NFT (non-fungible tokens). :D

Reactions: highland145

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Other than hearing about NFTs I have not really read much on them, sounds like an interesting concept... but if they keep vanishing then I guess it's not so great after all lol.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Other than hearing about NFTs I have not really read much on them, sounds like an interesting concept... but if they keep vanishing then I guess it's not so great after all lol.

Bugs have to be worked out. I too have a hard time understanding NFT, but I guess they could be compared to in game market places where goods are traded.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Okay, so I got off my proverbial ass (my actual ass is still planted in this chair) and looked up NFTs. Selling indulgences is more better than selling NFTs, much lower carbon footprint and has a better change of providing substantive positivity in the life of the buyer.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante and Majes

Maryjaneka

Jan 5, 2022
People are not yet ready for NFTs. I hate that most online comments are negative. That's because people don't understand it, and they write nonsense online. The same people will write different things after five years.
I own a few NFTs, and the price has already risen. I want to start buying Physical NFTs because I think they will be important for the Metaverse.
Most of us got burned because we didn't buy Bitcoin on time. I laughed at people who kept telling everyone to buy Bitcoin, but some of them are millionaires now. I won't make the same mistake with NFTs, and that's why I bought a few.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Okay, so I got off my proverbial ass (my actual ass is still planted in this chair) and looked up NFTs. Selling indulgences is more better than selling NFTs, much lower carbon footprint and has a better change of providing substantive positivity in the life of the buyer.

So now the 'bot's can give "likes" ?!? :oops:

We're all doomed I say! :eek:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
NFT's are just a way for rich people, and people that want to be seen as rich, to play with something that they deem as a status symbol. It's just a financial derivative in a sense that's now based on pixels which may or may not be considered art or just a media medium.

It's just a ghoulish symptom of the illness of greed and a desire of status gone overboard