We need to appeal this supreme court ruling on gay marriage

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
It was not reasoned basis and the prop was struck down accordingly. It appears that you would like the state to act against your fellow citizens without cause.

The supreme court overruled it but the people voted. Prop 8 passed.

I'm for the law. That is why I started this thread stating we have to appeal this ruling. We have to do whatever we have to do, legally, to get this changed. Amending the constitution is constitutional so we can make change within legal bounds

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I'm all for sitting around in my underwear drinking beer however, I don't think everyone else should sit around in their underwear whilst drinking beer, specially those who are in public.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
What do you need me to hold your hand and teach you everything like a little boy or girl?

I am talking to an adult right? You're just trying to be coy

No you can just answer the questions like an adult. They shouldn't be difficult questions, you've clearly thought about this a lot.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Homosexuals cannot procreate. Evolution/god/nature did not make us that way. Surrogacy is not the same as a man and woman procreating. A gay man can ejaculate into a test tube and use that sperm to artificially inseminate his gay lovers sister. But that does not mean gays can procreate.

Insemination means gay men and gay women couples can procreate. This is not 1930, insemination has been around for decades and is commonly use among straight couples as well. Why do gays not being able to directly consummate have bearing on them be legally and morally allowed to marry? Lots of happy straight couples inseminate for lots of reasons (female doesn't want to go through pregnancy or couple is infertile beyond repair). If you're not calling for these infertile couples to be disallowed from the institution of marriage, then your whole procreation argument is purely a cover for some form of prejudice/bigotry against gays, which you clearly have.

And although homosexuality can be between 2 consenting adults, which makes it different from bestiality. They're both ugly perverse things.

Why is being gay ugly or perverse? Please elaborate.

Parents want their children to be healthy. They don't want them to have down syndrome or autism or be a homosexual or a pervert or an alcoholic

Yeah, again, your posting does nothing to illuminate your viewpoint expect show me you haven't thought that hard about this topic.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
What about a eunuch? Can he get married?

Am I talking to children?

Let me put it to you like this. What kind of healthy marriage is gonna result from being a eunuch.

Besides, most eunuchs give themselves up to god or are monks.eunuchs would never get married. Do you know any? And even if they did get married, where is his wife gonna get hers?

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
The supreme court overruled it but the people voted. Prop 8 passed.

I'm for the law. That is why I started this thread stating we have to appeal this ruling. We have to do whatever we have to do, legally, to get this changed. Amending the constitution is constitutional so we can make change within legal bounds

Legal same sex marriage is never going anywhere, certainly never in your lifetime. And Prop 8 would be overwhelmingly defeated in CA, hence the reason no one in CA is bothering to put it on the ballot, genius.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
What do you need me to hold your hand and teach you everything like a little boy or girl?

I am talking to an adult right? You're just trying to be coy

0Mjr4Fa.gif

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
You're not being honest then.

It's very popular for young people from religious backgrounds to get married right away so they can have sex

Which is the most idiotic reason to get Married. Ever wonder why Divorce is higher than average amongst those people?

Feb 16, 2005
still not sure if this joshua moron is trolling or serious. part of me hopes trolling as noone should be that willfully stupid. He's making toothlesshiker seem like a mensa candidate.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
Insemination means gay men and gay women couples can procreate. This is not 1930, insemination has been around for decades and is commonly use among straight couples as well. Why do gays not being able to directly consummate have bearing on them be legally and morally allowed to marry? Lots of happy straight couples inseminate for lots of reasons (female doesn't want to go through pregnancy or couple is infertile beyond repair). If you're not calling for these infertile couples to be disallowed from the institution of marriage, then your whole procreation argument is purely a cover for some form of prejudice/bigotry against gays, which you clearl

2 men cannot make a baby. 2 women cannot make a baby.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I'm all for sitting around in my underwear drinking beer however, I don't think everyone else should sit around in their underwear whilst drinking beer, specially those who are in public.

You wear underwear when doing that ?

:colbert:

Dec 10, 2005
Am I talking to children?

Let me put it to you like this. What kind of healthy marriage is gonna result from being a eunuch.

Besides, most eunuchs give themselves up to god or are monks.eunuchs would never get married. Do you know any? And even if they did get married, where is his wife gonna get hers?
Am I talking to an idiot? (Yes)

Are you going to legally bar them from marriage like you want to do to homosexuals?

If a eunuch became one because it was inflicted on him in early childhood, it certainly isn't a choice to have "given himself up to god."

Why do you care so much about what goes on in people's bedrooms?

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
2 men cannot make a baby. 2 women cannot make a baby.

A man and a woman cannot make a baby either, in some circumstances. Please tell me they should be disallowed from the institution of marriage. If you won't, your procreation argument is logically inconsistent, and you can't continue to hold that position. Otherwise you look stupid.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
Legal same sex marriage is never going anywhere, certainly never in your lifetime. And Prop 8 would be overwhelmingly defeated in CA, hence the reason no one in CA is bothering to put it on the ballot, genius.

You act like 2008 was 30 years ago.

Homosexuality is an abomination. It is a sin. We would end as a species if we were all homosexual.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
You act like 2008 was 30 years ago.

Huh? Since 2008 there has been a seachange in gay rights opinion. This is fact. Prop 8 would be overwhelmingly defeated in CA, the data is overwhelming; http://www.gallup.com/poll/1651/gay-lesbian-rights.aspx

Homosexuality is an abomination. It is a sin. We would end as a species if we were all homosexual.

You're confused again. Women getting pregnant is not controlled by being straight or gay. Please enroll in a community college health class if you're curious about how sex and procreation works. It sounds like you don't have much experience.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
A man and a woman cannot make a baby either, in some circumstances. Please tell me they should be disallowed from the institution of marriage. If you won't, your procreation argument is logically inconsistent, and you can't continue to hold that position. Otherwise you look stupid.

Why would a couple who was born that way be disallowed from marriage ? They don't have to be infertile. They can be fixed. They can consummate their marriage.

Being gay is a choice. Gay people should be disallowed from the institution of marriage. Not infertile couples. Gay couples. Gay couples should be disallowed from the institution of marriage.

Homosexuality is an abomination. It is a sin. Gays cannot consummate a marriage.

Here's another point. I always considered gay people hip and trendy. Why do they want to get married? It's old and boring and lame.

Why don't they come up with a new fashionable thing. Why do gays want to get married? Answer me that

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
Huh? Since 2008 there has been a seachange in gay rights opinion. This is fact. Prop 8 would be overwhelmingly defeated in CA, the data is overwhelming; http://www.gallup.com/poll/1651/gay-lesbian-rights.aspx

You're confused again. Women getting pregnant is not controlled by being straight or gay. Please enroll in a community college health class if you're curious about how sex and procreation works. It sounds like you don't have much experience.

Put it to a vote. I know where I'M voting. And I know I'm not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.