We need to appeal this supreme court ruling on gay marriage

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
Care to explain why more than 60% of people nowadays having children are outside of marriage?

You're wrong. Many times in history a king who was 45 years old or more would marry a 7 year old girl as his 5th wife, not for religion but for making a peace treaty. Except there it's the state that's involved and it has nothing to do with religion.

I'm just relating a theory behind the origin of marriage. Men used to be gone on long voyages raping and pillaging, taking all kinds of spoils. Leaving all kinds of bastard children. Marriage was a way to change that.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
It's a theory.

If you were born infertile, that's not a choice. Being gay is a choice.

How are 2 gay dudes gonna consummate a marriage?

Many men "choose" to get vasectomies. Many women "choose" to get their tubes tied. Thus, infertility is a "choice" for many heterosexuals. How come you're not opposed to such people being or getting married?

Also, it's a "choice" for an infertile person to get married. So how come you're not opposed to such marriages?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2007
I'm just relating a theory behind the origin of marriage. Men used to be gone on long voyages raping and pillaging, taking all kinds of spoils. Leaving all kinds of bastard children. Marriage was a way to change that.

Yes, Jesus brought marriage down from Mt. Sinai to stop the Vikings. Everyone knows this.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
Ugh this again, I'll bite on this one. Marriages were performed before Jesus was born (I am assuming we are talking about Christianity). Marriage is a word that describes a union/contract why call it something else that is the same thing?

Gays cannot consummate a marriage.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
Many men "choose" to get vasectomies. Many women "choose" to get their tubes tied. Thus, infertility is a "choice" for many heterosexuals. How come you're not opposed to such people being or getting married.

Also, it's a "choice" for an infertile person to get married. So how come you're not opposed to such marriages?

They chose to get those things after they've had kids.

Dec 10, 2005

Do you remember a time when women were effectively their husband's property and couldn't vote? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You're not being honest then.

It's very popular for young people from religious backgrounds to get married right away so they can have sex

Are you ever going to post a reasoned basis for a state to deny equal access to marriage? Have you given no thought at all to the issue before expressing your desire to exercise state power?

Also, and this is important....

wavey.gif
Hi Rudeguy!

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
Many men "choose" to get vasectomies. Many women "choose" to get their tubes tied. Thus, infertility is a "choice" for many heterosexuals. How come you're not opposed to such people being or getting married?

Most infertile people get professional medical help so they can become fertile.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Gays cannot consummate a marriage.

I thought the basis of marriage was procreation? Are you retracting that statement?

You've missed a lot of questions btw.

Since attraction and sexuality is a choice, when and why did you become attracted to your wife. How exactly did you make yourself become attracted to her?

You stated that you became heterosexual when you hit puberty, were you gay before you hit puberty?

Please define consummation and show the relevant law that states that in order for a marriage to be legal you have to consummate the marriage. I'm looking at my marriage license right now and I don't see that anywhere.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
They chose to get those things after they've had kids.

I had a vasectomy after having children. If I were to get divorced am I allowed to remarry?

What if a fertile couple decides not to have children at all? Should their marriage be dissolved after a certain number of years?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Homosexuals cannot procreate. Evolution/god/nature did not make us that way. Surrogacy is not the same as a man and woman procreating. A gay man can ejaculate into a test tube and use that sperm to artificially inseminate his gay lovers sister. But that does not mean gays can procreate.

And although homosexuality can be between 2 consenting adults, which makes it different from bestiality. They're both ugly perverse things.

Parents want their children to be healthy. They don't want them to have down syndrome or autism or be a homosexual or a pervert or an alcoholic

No, there's something wrong with the brains of homosexuals which is why it was classified as a mental illness until the 1970s. Or something like that. The Experts deemed it a mental illness for a long time for GOOD reason as far as I'm concerned. People that think like me aren't going anywhere. We know we're on the right side of history

RDIdjqx.gif

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
You're not being honest then.

It's very popular for young people from religious backgrounds to get married right away so they can have sex

Mine doesn't either, do you think we are lying? I was married in the State of Maryland, feel free to search google images for a Maryland marriage license.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
Are you ever going to post a reasoned basis for a state to deny equal access to marriage? Have you given no thought at all to the issue before expressing your desire to exercise state power?

Also, and this is important....

wavey.gif
Hi Rudeguy!

I did already. California passed prop 8. The state would have to enforce prop 8.

The state of california passed a proposition making gay marriage illegal. That's a basis for "denying equal access" to marriage.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I did already. California passed prop 8. The state would have to enforce prop 8.

The state of california passed a proposition making gay marriage illegal. That's a basis for "denying equal access" to marriage.
It was not reasoned basis and the prop was struck down accordingly. It appears that you would like the state to act against your fellow citizens without cause.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015
I thought the basis of marriage was procreation? Are you retracting that statement?

You've missed a lot of questions btw.

Since attraction and sexuality is a choice, when and why did you become attracted to your wife. How exactly did you make yourself become attracted to her?

You stated that you became heterosexual when you hit puberty, were you gay before you hit puberty?

Please define consummation and show the relevant law that states that in order for a marriage to be legal you have to consummate the marriage. I'm looking at my marriage license right now and I don't see that anywhere.

What do you need me to hold your hand and teach you everything like a little boy or girl?

I am talking to an adult right? You're just trying to be coy

Status
Not open for further replies.