Wasn't Noah's Flood Actually Debunked?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
The reason I ask is because I had a talk with a stranger about global warming and how he thought it wasn't really an issue. Then I shot back well what about the hurricanes? They seem to be getting more severe, and what about tornadoes in NJ? The severe weather that took place in NJ, NY last week would had never happened if global warming wasn't an issue. He then shot back well did they have SUVs during Noah's flood? I was like what the f*ck are you talking about? I left it at that and walked away. I didn't want to argue with this guy. It was getting late, and I just wanted to get home.

People actually believe in 2021 that Noah's flood was an actual event? That Noah and his family were the only surviving humans who repopulated the earth? What about the indigious peoples of North and South America? How did they survive the flood? Don't we have trees older than the suspossed date of the flood? And, how did Noah get on board 2 of every speciaes? Including ants, flies, and mosquitos? Why would Noah want to save the mosquito? If there is one insect that has caused more harm than any it is the mosquito.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The reason I ask is because I had a talk with a stranger about global warming and how he thought it wasn't really an issue. Then I shot back well what about the hurricanes? They seem to be getting more severe, and what about tornadoes in NJ? The severe weather that took place in NJ, NY last week would had never happened if global warming wasn't an issue. He then shot back well did they have SUVs during Noah's flood? I was like what the f*ck are you talking about? I left it at that and walked away. I didn't want to argue with this guy. It was getting late, and I just wanted to get home.

People actually believe in 2021 that Noah's flood was an actual event? That Noah and his family were the only surviving humans who repopulated the earth? What about the indigious peoples of North and South America? Don't we have trees older than the suspossed dates of the flood? And, how did Noah get on board 2 of every speciaes? Including ants, flies, and mosquitos? Why would Noah want to save mosquitos...

Very funny. You and I both know these people are literally fucking insane.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I can't say I've looked into it, but I had the impression it was thought the story might have originated as a concequence of a _purely local_ but severe, flood, in the area where those who invented those stories happened to mostly live back then?

In past eras (the Eocene, I think?) the earth was warmer with far less ice and concequently far higher sea-levels, but I think those all massively-predated anything Biblical.

Reactions: nakedfrog

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
LOL was there anything to debunk? Who in their right fucking mind would believe that there was a world wild flood that killed EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET except for a couple of humans and oh wait every animal on Earth all housed on a boat. Lets face it was either an extraterrestrial interference or a part in one of the greatest novels ever written.

Feb 25, 2011
Geologically speaking, there have been all sorts of big flood events around the world, some of which show up in local folklore. But they were localized to a particular region or area.

It's also completely irrelevant to the conversation, but arguing with some people is like playing chess w/ a pigeon.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

People actually believe in 2021 that Noah's flood was an actual event? That Noah and his family were the only surviving humans who repopulated the earth? What about the indigious peoples of North and South America? How did they survive the flood? Don't we have trees older than the suspossed date of the flood? And, how did Noah get on board 2 of every speciaes? Including ants, flies, and mosquitos? Why would Noah want to save the mosquito? If there is one insect that has caused more harm than any it is the mosquito.

Pssst…as for the animals, it was two of each for UNCLEAN animals. CLEAN animals were “Ark’d” at the rate of SEVEN pairs of animals.
(Genesis Ch. 7, v. 1-3)

If you’re going to make fun of it, at least get the “facts” correct. LOL!

7 The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate,

3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ken g6
Feb 4, 2009
I think it has been shown/strongly Implied the fertile cressant area had a large flood or was it somewhere in Iran? Basically the perpetual dry land wasn’t able to handle an epic rainfall caused by an eruption somewhere or something similar.
However the flood story in the Bible is like all biblical stories and they are allegories to other things, the story isn’t intended to be a science text book or accurate accounting of what happened. They are meant to convey meaning.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
<Billy Mays> But wait, there's more!

Noah was over 500yrs old, and a wino, when he started building. There were dinos on the Ark, and Jesus probably rode some of them later. The wino with dinos.

Reactions: Iron Woode

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I like that that article starts with "yes, it might have happened" then goes on to show that nothing like it happened at all!

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
OP wants to know if anyone has debunked that the entire earth flooded to a deph of 5½miles and that someone built a boat to hold an insane amount of animals and enough food to keep them alive? (I mean there's over 6000 species of mammals and over 10,000 species of birds!)

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
How to tell someone who really grew up without any religion...

Who's actually trying to 'debunk' noah's flood - we all know it's fake.

Last edited:

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
How to tell someone who really grew up without any religion...

Who's actually trying to 'debunk' noah's flood - we all know it's fake.

We know its fake. But, there are still millions, tens of millions of Americans who still believe in this stuff. Don't even get me started on the Tower of Babel. lol

I had a very devout Catholic aunt who went to church every Sunday. She was the type who clutched her cross while shouting out to Jesus. During the funeral the priest was telling us that she is now zooming thru the stars on her way to heaven. He then went on to say how people don't believe in religion anymore, and how bad society has become. Like its the end times. I wanted to show him how he was wrong, and that we are living in the best of times because of Science, not religion. I just stood there and shook my head, lol. What it comes to IMO is our fear of death. The bible was written at a time when primitive people were trying to make sense of our world. The injustices of the poor, sick and helpless. That if you're good and righteous there will be a kingdom after this life of suffering. I had never bought into that line of thought. The universe owes us nothing. Much of what we think as truth is just illusionary. So when we pass, our thoughts, ideas, goals and dreams vanish as well. Our identitiy of who we are dies. And, IMO many people have a very difficult time with this. As for the man I talked with, he is a science denier. Amazing how people can deny science, yet enjoy the many marvels of science today: The computer, phone, car, light, doctor visits, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I think it has been shown/strongly Implied the fertile cressant area had a large flood or was it somewhere in Iran? Basically the perpetual dry land wasn’t able to handle an epic rainfall caused by an eruption somewhere or something similar.
However the flood story in the Bible is like all biblical stories and they are allegories to other things, the story isn’t intended to be a science text book or accurate accounting of what happened. They are meant to convey meaning.
Except the parts that a given person wants to be accurate. Then it's real. See: existence of Jesus.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Except the parts that a given person wants to be accurate. Then it's real. See: existence of Jesus.
Yeah it's weird.

A flood happened. I mean floods happen!

A flood happened therefore lots of religious stuff?
A flood happening doesn't need any religious narrative. Adding that is just odd. You may as well just make up the religious bit without adding the flood bit.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Yeah it's weird.

A flood happened. I mean floods happen!

A flood happened therefore lots of religious stuff?
A flood happening doesn't need any religious narrative. Adding that is just odd. You may as well just make up the religious bit without adding the flood bit.
When The Great CPU calls upon you, will you be a cache miss?

• Haha
Reactions: DAPUNISHER