=w=girl's guide to having a conversation with a girl

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Jfur
Again, to be taken with a grain of salt, since I've never dated...but I would suggest, Confidence rather than Arrogance. Being really self-concious and totally lacking in self-esteem is not attractive, and I can see where Arrogance would be preferable to that. But Confidence I think, would be better than either.

I think the most attractive men are humble even though they can blow anyone else out of the water. They just are secure enough to not constantly flaunt it, they realize they are not the center of the universe. People that boast and brag are usually either greatly exaggerating/lying or so full of themselves that they borderline on sociopathic.

this is SO SO true. even on the internet. people who brag too much are "greatly exaggerating/lying or so full of themselves that they borderline on sociopathic". at least thats' the impression i get. so lame if you are bragging on the internet hehe.

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001
Originally posted by: weezergirl
Again, to be taken with a grain of salt, since I've never dated...but I would suggest, Confidence rather than Arrogance. Being really self-concious and totally lacking in self-esteem is not attractive, and I can see where Arrogance would be preferable to that. But Confidence I think, would be better than either.

I think the most attractive men are humble even though they can blow anyone else out of the water. They just are secure enough to not constantly flaunt it, they realize they are not the center of the universe. People that boast and brag are usually either greatly exaggerating/lying or so full of themselves that they borderline on sociopathic.

this is SO SO true. even on the internet. people who brag too much are "greatly exaggerating/lying or so full of themselves that they borderline on sociopathic". at least thats' the impression i get. so lame if you are bragging on the internet hehe.

Well, you know that the *average* ATer has an IQ of 140 (tested while tired and performing seven other tasks simulataneously), is in the top .0005% of computer knowledge, and has a bodyfat of 3%, right? ;)

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: weezergirl

Well, you know that the *average* ATer has an IQ of 140 (tested while tired and performing seven other tasks simulataneously), is in the top .0005% of computer knowledge, and has a bodyfat of 3%, right? ;)

Darnit! You mean I am only average? :p

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001

Darnit! You mean I am only average? :p[/quote]

well, *you* actually seem to go in the opposite direction and be self-deprecating at times :Q Getting closer to perfect I guess... just don't go too far to the other side :)

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Darnit! You mean I am only average? :p

well, *you* actually seem to go in the opposite direction and be self-deprecating at times :Q Getting closer to perfect I guess... just don't go too far to the other side :)[/quote]

LOL, me, self-deprecating? Just being a realist :p... don't worry you will be sick of me strutting my stuff after my date ;)

dfi

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Noriaki
you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."
Never quite could figure out why that is. Someone care to explain why you are suppose to do this?

I'll give this a shot.

People don't value things that are easily obtainable. This applies to guys and gals. Actually, I'm sure someone could find an example where something easily obtainable is also highly valued. I mean, we all get oxygen pretty easily, and we highly value it. But I can't recall the last time I held a party in honor of oxygen.

dfi

FSUpaintball

Banned
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: dfi
Originally posted by: Noriaki
you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."
Never quite could figure out why that is. Someone care to explain why you are suppose to do this?

I'll give this a shot.

People don't value things that are easily obtainable. This applies to guys and gals. Actually, I'm sure someone could find an example where something easily obtainable is also highly valued. I mean, we all get oxygen pretty easily, and we highly value it. But I can't recall the last time I held a party in honor of oxygen.

dfi

You are correct. Also, if you obviously like them SO much, it'll make you appear needy. Girls see that as a sign of weakness (and not the good kind of weakness). If there's one thing that girls hate, it's an insecure man. And they know how hard it is to find a man with few insecurities.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Very true, in fact some of the best dudes are actually a tad self decpreciating,not a lot mind you but just aware of their own folliables and able to laugh at themselves.

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
first dates are easy, but what do you talk about on dates 2 & 3 when you already run out of good conversation?

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Just talk some more.

Ask her whats shes been up to, what shes going to do in a few days time, if she has any interesting plans, just talk about anything. Ask her about herself. Tell her what your going to do.

Convosation comes naturally is best, doesn't matter what subject as long as its from you. If shes interested in you it doesn't matter what you talk about. If shes not interested in you then she'll be bored with most topics. But not herself though;)

dfi

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by: gotsmack
first dates are easy, but what do you talk about on dates 2 & 3 when you already run out of good conversation?

Ask when it's her turn to pay for the date. Then start working out a payment plan.

dfi

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski
Mention "hooters" lots, women like hearing poetic things! ;)

Does it arouse you when people say hooters? if so....

hooters..... Hooters!....... HOOTERS!!!! HOOOOTTTEEEERRSSS!!!!

;)

hoots