jfp555

Oct 17, 2014
As the title implies, I am looking for a VPN that allows smooth and uninterrupted access to all Google services on an android phone, windows laptop and an android tablet. Something that allows streaming video services to work as well would be appreciated.

My work depends a lot on internet connectivity and I will be in China for a few months and all the googling I've done has led to some scary news.

They are using machine learning in their firewall after a recent update which is causing a lot of trouble for VPN users.

I am heading out there on the 25th of Sept and I've also read that its best to have the VPN up and running on devices BEFORE going there.

Please recommend a solid VPN which will cause the least issues.

Last edited:

peterbuttler

Sep 17, 2016
Yes, you are right. The Internet in China is restricted, you cannot communicate with family or friends through social channels so I would say that you should take the assistance of VPNLogics a legitimate VPN platform that monitors every VPN. People who travel or live in China prefer to go with its list of best VPNs for China.

rumpleforeskin

Nov 3, 2008
How did you get on?
I'm going to be in the middle kingdom in a few weeks time and would appreciate your feedback.
I currently run openvpn server on my home server so I can access my home network when I'm out and about, any idea if this will be enough to get uncensored internet access in china?

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
How did you get on?
I'm going to be in the middle kingdom in a few weeks time and would appreciate your feedback.
I currently run openvpn server on my home server so I can access my home network when I'm out and about, any idea if this will be enough to get uncensored internet access in china?

No, it won't. YOu need to craft the packets to make it look like SSL and you should use port 443. Like I already said, and this is the last time I mention it. Check out VPN.AC. Use port 443 and XOR or ECC encryption.

Where is the middle kingdom?