VP watch thread

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Socio
A company, which specializes in political literature may have let Obama?s VP cat out of its bag:

Bumper Sticker Could Indicate Obama's Veep

LENEXA, Kan. -- After weeks of speculation and days of intense rumors, the answer to who Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama would name as his running mate may have come down to a bumper sticker printed in Lenexa.

I don't have a lot of faith in Obama's ability to lead, but I'm sure his campaign would be able to produce a prettier bumper sticker than that.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
CNN is now saying that Bayh and Kaine are both confirmed to NOT be running mates.

so it's looking like Biden, Hillary (ugh), or someone who's flyng below the radar

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Looks like Biden it is....
http://blogs.abcnews.com/polit...8/us-secret-servi.html

U.S. Secret Service on Way to Biden's House; Kaine and Bayh Told Nope on Veep

August 22, 2008 10:50 PM

The United States Secret Service has dispatched a protective detail to assume the immediate protection of Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del., a source tells ABC News, indicating in all likelihood that Biden has been officially notified that Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, has selected him to be his running mate.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Horrible choice. Looks like the Democrats are continuing the tradition of picking horrific VP candidates. Hopefully Obama can overcome it.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Someone with deep roots in Pennsylvania from a working-class family. Sounds like an excellent choice.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
You think the media will run around repeating the manta "gravitas" like this did for Bush/Chenney?

DukeFan21

Jan 15, 2002
John King on CNN just confirmed through 2 sources Obama has asked Biden to be VP, in case anyone didn't think it was a foregone conclusion at this point. Best choice he could have made, IMO. I myself wish the ticket was flipped around.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: DukeFan21
John King on CNN just confirmed through 2 sources Obama has asked Biden to be VP, in case anyone didn't think it was a foregone conclusion at this point. Best choice he could have made, IMO. I myself wish the ticket was flipped around.

This ticket will be as seriously upside-down as Dukakis-Bentsen.

DomS

Banned
Jul 15, 2008
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Horrible choice. Looks like the Democrats are continuing the tradition of picking horrific VP candidates. Hopefully Obama can overcome it.

Biden's a great senator, and has a ton of great itdeas.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: crisscross
Biden it is.. too bad he didn't go with Clark that would have been an inspired choice.

I've been a Clark fan since '04, but Obama dumped him like his white grandma after that flap-up over Clark talking about McCain's military service.