US to let Turkish forces move into Syria, abandoning Kurdish allies

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
This is America now under Trump.
We're the cowering backstabbing scumbags who everyone else will be rooting for a proper fucking of before this is all over.

Fing Republicans... You started all this shit by invading Iraq because you were pissing your pants after 9/11.
Now you're pissing your pants because your stupid, ill-considered war turned out to be as difficult as all the smart people told you, so you voted for some fake tv strongman to make it go away, and now you surrender and flee, fuck our allies and last shreds of dignity and credibility we had. FU all.
I think the black knight from from monty python and the holy grail is a mor apt description of the US under trump.

Reactions: Bitek

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Trump wrote the death warrants for thousands of our allies with this move. He didn't have to do that to save American lives. His reasons had nothing to do with American lives; Trump was worried that Erdogan was going to take the Trump name off a building in Istanbul. Thousands of Kurds were just sacrificed for Trump's private business and Trump's vanity.
ya know, even if trump did divest himself from his business the buildings would still have the trump name on them and with his ego he still would have done what he did in withdrawing from syria like he did, cant allow the trump name to be tarnished, even tho that what he doing every day he opens his mouth.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
what about the Koreans? I'm pretty sure they did not help with the Normandy invasion so is trump going to pull out of S. Korea too?

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I think he wants to be impeached.
I don't, if impeached he is facing charges on both state and fed levels and he will fight it tooth and nail, as he's doing now.

he basicaally doing what has always worked for him in the past, now it isn't working like he expected.

the bull in a china shop style stopped working for his mentor Roy Cohn before his death and the same thing is happening now.

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I just wish they had gone after him before he became president.

And I hope the treat him the way he treated his contractors, buried under lawsuits/legal filings.

remind me of a dead baby joke:
what sicker than a pile of dead babies? a live one eating it's way out.

• Haha
Reactions: DarthKyrie

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
I hope the Kurds can sign a sort of semi independence clause with assad and get under his umbrella. They are fucked either way , either by Turks or the Allawites. They might as well stay under Syria and have their cities under their control but let foreign policy and defense governed by Assad.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
Turks are the bigger thugs with their fake caliphate illusions. It's gonna be Saudi redux since Erdogan has imprisoned all of the top officers. Now the officers leading the troops are mostly radicalized yes men. Kurds have been struggling against the Turks and hope they kick their ass back across the borders.

Unfortunately even with good tactics, the Turks though have superior firepower and a pretty good domestic MIC that's been itching to field test a bunch of new weapon systems

AtenRa

Lifer
Feb 2, 2009
Heh, now everyone can imply that the neighbor country has terrorist groups and by using the Article 51 of the UN Charter can legitimate its attacks against any country. Well done :p

This operation is being carried out in accordance with international law, Article 51 of the UN Charter and UN Security Council Resolutions on fight against terrorism. #OperationPeaceSpring

“Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.”

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Doesnt the MIC (Moron-in -Chief) realize that the defeat of ISIS (which the Kurds contributed in the fight against), is more relevant today to U.S. interests than Normandy was 75 years ago? What if there is a resurgence of ISIS in Syria or Iraq in the years to come? And if the Kurds needed again for help? This is what happens when a total imbecile is put in charge of the worlds most powerful nation. Stupid deplorables for thinking he would make America great again.

Nov 25, 2013
Doesnt the MIC (Moron-in -Chief) realize that the defeat of ISIS (which the Kurds contributed in the fight against), is more relevant today to U.S. interests than Normandy was 75 years ago? What if there is a resurgence of ISIS in Syria or Iraq in the years to come? And if the Kurds needed again for help? This is what happens when a total imbecile is put in charge of the worlds most powerful nation. Stupid deplorables for thinking he would make America great again.

The Kurds lost roughly 11,000 troops fighting Daesh. Right now they are in charge of guarding about 90,000 Daesh prisoners. Wonder what's gonna happen when the Kurds are faced with the choice of either sticking around to guard these prisoners or fucking off to defend their land and civilian population from the Turks.

Trumpolini may well go down in history as the savior of Daesh.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Man it would sure be interesting to know what financial leverage Turkey has over the President right now.

I hear if we learned that though it would lead to the tyranny of Congress wantonly disclosing all Americans’ tax returns so I guess we will just have to wonder forever.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In the same presser while Trump was bitching about the lack of the Kurds help in Normandy. he said Erdogan can be trusted because he has such nice resorts on his island next to Caicos.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Anyone know what Trump's favorite suck asses @Fox are saying about this? That would be Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham along with Fox and Friends. I occasionally check our Fox's hard news shows but will not debase myself with the likes of them.

They must look like some sort of mutant pretzels by now.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Man it would sure be interesting to know what financial leverage Turkey has over the President right now.

I hear if we learned that though it would lead to the tyranny of Congress wantonly disclosing all Americans’ tax returns so I guess we will just have to wonder forever.

It is reported that Trump has 169 business interests in Turkey and we know that when money talks, Kurds die.