US role in Korean ship Cheonan sinking

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Look at that street. So clean. Can't say the same thing about US. Cigarette butts and trash everywhere.
That is a picture of the "Joint Security Area" it is clean because no one lives there.

Idiot.

gaidensensei

Banned
May 31, 2003
I'm partly korean thru biological means but I think he shouldn't have been banned, native (South) Koreans are always known for cussing in their language.
It's a part of their vocabulary to curse multiple times at once, seriously, I think I knew all the cusswords by the time I was in fourth grade. No, I am not from overseas.

I don't disagree with some of the chain of thoughts going on, but in terms of discussion progression, that was too far.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
It's called freedom of my own will you shit. I can leave or stay why the fuck do you care? You leave if you don't like me staying in your shit country!

What's with the personal insults? Buffoon? Ok pig!
So freedom for you is fine.

What about freedom for the people of North Korea?? They don't have the choice to stay or leave, they are kept in their country and if they try to leave they may find themselves dead or in jail.

gaidensensei

Banned
May 31, 2003
Haha, that was actually my thread. From an american perspective of course it made no sense at first.

But when you can combine the fundamentals of sentence structure from another foreign language into english - I do this all the time - it makes perfect sense. That was his response to exactly who the person he was referring to (in non-joking honesty).

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Here is my take on the OP

He is a South Korean living in the US who proclaims his occupation as 'gamer'

Based on his posts I am guessing that he is a loser with no social skills, no life and no friends. He is also probably unemployed or underemployed and of course none of this is his fault.

Instead he blames others for his problems and lashes out at them via his posts on this forum.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he was moved to the US by his parents and that he blames the US for this move. Thus all his hatred for the US and the blaming of everything wrong in the world on the US. When the truth is that he is a loser who is incapable of dealing with the types problems that most of us have had to deal with at least once in our lives.

gaidensensei

Banned
May 31, 2003
As someone from orient descent, I can comfortably say there is high consensus and agreement among the older population that they despise the actions of the USA in general. It has to do with the patrolling and "big brother" methodology that some of us have also came to dissent.
Most of these opinions stem from the natives overseas, not as much as the ones that have been americanized, though it is subject to exempt on an individual basis.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
I'm partly korean thru biological means but I think he shouldn't have been banned, native (South) Koreans are always known for cussing in their language.
It's a part of their vocabulary to curse multiple times at once, seriously, I think I knew all the cusswords by the time I was in fourth grade. No, I am not from overseas.

I don't disagree with some of the chain of thoughts going on, but in terms of discussion progression, that was too far.

lol, most my of my korean guy friends cant say three words without shibal or shibseki

gaidensensei

Banned
May 31, 2003
lol, most my of my korean guy friends cant say three words without shibal or shibseki

That's precisely my point and why Azn should've gotten an infraction instead.
It's not programmed in their head to speak full of etiquette and keep courtesy in mind.

He's only going to come back with more hate for americans as a result of the ban, look at it that way :p.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
It's not programmed in their head to speak full of etiquette and keep courtesy in mind.

He's only going to come back with more hate for americans as a result of the ban, look at it that way :p.

meh, no loss there. he brings the lulz, that's why i want him unbanned.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

He was not banned due to P&N

Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

Dec 26, 2007
I liken it more to Germany. Germany has definitely struggled during the entire re-unification process, but it is working out for them. Similarly, a united Korea could work as long as the clowns in the North (the government) stepped down.

I see Germany as a country who was able to unify (yes there are problems, but they are able to work through them). Germany was split similar to Korea (1/2 democratic, 1/2 communist), but the difference there is that when the USSR collapsed there was no reason Germany couldn't reunite (since East Germany was a Russian territory more or less). North Korea is not part of any other country, and with their current government I do not see them wanting to reunite under one Korea.

I'd see it somewhere in between Isreal/Palestine and Germany as far as where it stands on the "split up nation/country uniting under one flag" list. It is not like the ME (Isreal/Palestine) where the people are diametric opposites and hate the others. It also isn't like Germany where the governments would unite if they could. The people of Korea (in general) would be okay being unified, but the governments won't allow it as it stands currently.

edit: changed Pakistan to Palestine... was rather out of it yesterday lol

Last edited:

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Wasn't he banned by Keyspr in the Video card section?

Also, I know PLENTY of koreans. Only SKers truthfully, but plenty of them. AzN is the only one I know with this mentality. Being prior military myself, I know so many service men and women who have married south koreans. I know many 1st, 2nd, and third gen American/Koreans. None of them are as asinine as AzN is on these boards. Like most, the only thing I can think of is that he is in fact North Korean, because I have never met anyone from there personally. Well, in the heritage sort of way they are all Koreans and have ancestors that have moved all over the country, but I'm speaking since the separation.

Although threads like this are mildly entertaining at times, to me they are also so very sad. It's one thing when you know, or at least heavily suspect, the person is making these posts just to be a troll and get people riled up. It's another to know the person actually believes in the drivel they are typing.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Yep, I misunderstood the situation myself. Common Courtesy is correct. His vacation is due to other circumstances not connected with P&N.

doll.jpg

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
For all you guys asking if he's North Korea, FYI all NK that escape from NK are not pro-NK...

He's clearly a spoiled Korean brat living in the US living off his parents.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
I liken it more to Germany. Germany has definitely struggled during the entire re-unification process, but it is working out for them. Similarly, a united Korea could work as long as the clowns in the North (the government) stepped down.

it's 20 years on and germany still has problems. and they didn't have near the issues of indoctrination that NK does. integrating korea might take a century.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
For all you guys asking if he's North Korea, FYI all NK that escape from NK are not pro-NK...

He's clearly a spoiled Korean brat living in the US living off his parents.
And gets his jollys from trolling.

When asked for details to backup his claims/background; he has always refused

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

Is this primarily with Korean guys? All the Korean girls I know are nothing like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.