US Open

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
damn, I cant believe Federer won both sets in tiebreaker. Andy's playing a really good game, but I'm afraid it's not enough.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: bigrash
damn, I cant believe Federer won both sets in tiebreaker. Andy's playing a really good game, but I'm afraid it's not enough.

Agreed. Hate to see it decided by tiebreakers, but that's the game.

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
Originally posted by: spidey07
Originally posted by: ballmode
this is over

i wanted andy to win :(

You call 7-6, 7-6 over?

No, when Roddick brings his A game and his opponent is out for a stroll in the park and Roddick still goes down 2-0, then the game is over :p

Roddick played magnificiently. If you cropped out Federer from the video and just watched Roddick play, you could easily imagine Roddick winning. But Federer is Federer. His legacy will define the sport of Tennis for generations to come. I think the first two sets went the way they did because Federer was too distracted preparing his victory speech for the finals :evil:

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Venus has put up a much better fight than her sister. This match has been one hell of a battle.

She's has put up 3x the number of errors as Jankovic though. But that serve is crazy.

Yeah it pretty ridiculous to win a match with those stats

tmc

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2001
another loss for roddick against federer.

looks like federer is all set to take one too.

any of you waiting for that 3 match series between the legends sampras & federer?

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
I could only stay up to watch until the end of the second set, when it seemed pretty clear that Federer had it wrapped up. It's crazy how Federer seems to be able to return the wickedest of serves simply by stepping in front of them.

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
Watching Federer last night was like watching a poetry in motion. So fluid, always at the ball with time to spare. Just beautiful.

Compared to watching Roddick. He just looked like a completely spastic toddler on the court. Given, i haven't seen many roddick matches so i don't know if that is how he usually is. The was great. No breaks til the end. Agassi helping with the commentary. Watching in it on Universal HD in 1080i. It was a great night for the US Open.

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: AmpedSilence
Watching Federer last night was like watching a poetry in motion. So fluid, always at the ball with time to spare. Just beautiful.

Compared to watching Roddick. He just looked like a completely spastic toddler on the court. Given, i haven't seen many roddick matches so i don't know if that is how he usually is. The was great. No breaks til the end. Agassi helping with the commentary. Watching in it on Universal HD in 1080i. It was a great night for the US Open.

I don't think that's limited Roddick, anyone that plays Federer is sweating like a pig and often huffing and puffing. Federer as always is cool and collected.

It was a good match, never thought Roddick would play so well but man Federer just proved what a good player he is.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Saw a set or two of the Federer/Roddick match. Pretty good match, but someone has to tell Roddick to shut up. That "wailing" was annoying especially when Federer played way better in complete silence;).

indamixx99

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2006
Well, another Williams sister outsed by Henin. :thumbsup: I wonder if Venus will pull a Serena in her press conference.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: indamixx99
Well, another Williams sister outsed by Henin. :thumbsup: I wonder if Venus will pull a Serena in her press conference.

Good. Both of them are whiny, especially Venus who appears to have a stick up her as*.

The match itself was pretty meh. First set was "weird" in that whoever served seemed to win the match, not many deuces, pretty one sided. Second set was more of the same except Henin actually converted most oppurtunities.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Diddn't see the match, but, I'm glad to see Henin win. Neither Williams sisters are as good as they used to be, but too bad they don't realize that and don't take responsibilities for their own losses.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Well, it's gonna be Federer vs Djokovic in the final. Should be a good match. This kid Djokovic is pretty good and actually beat Federer in their last meeting last month (which was also a final).

I don't think the other chick stands a chance against Henin tonight

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: bigrash
Well, it's gonna be Federer vs Djokovic in the final. Should be a good match. This kid Djokovic is pretty good and actually beat Federer in their last meeting last month (which was also a final).

I don't think the other chick stands a chance against Henin tonight

I predict this will be one of the best matches of all time with Federer winning in 5. I don't even like tennis that much but watching both of these guys play is just so entertaining.

And you have to love Djokovic, that guy is hilarious and so charismatic.

Sep 3, 2007
So it begins..

Not particularly rooting for either one, just hoping to see some great tennis. Both seem like great guys and incredible assets to the sport, and of course it's always a pleasure to watch Federer.