US Open

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: AmpedSilence
Originally posted by: bigrash
dammit, Federer comes back to win it

are you surprised? The guy is rock solid. Did you see the Inser match? two striaght sets without an unforced error. Also, the guy is SO humble.

na, I'm not surprised at all. Was just hoping that someone would give him some competition. :)

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: oboeguy
Heh, we're going to see Serena Williams and Nadal beat-up their opponents tonight. Should be fun.

Roddick is @#$%ed. Federer? No way Andy has a shot.

who is serena and nadal playing in the next round? oh wait... :)

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Tough loss for Nadal.

Cant wait for Roddick vs Federer tonight (even though we all know who's gonna win

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
Originally posted by: bigrash
Tough loss for Nadal.

Cant wait for Roddick vs Federer tonight (even though we all know who's gonna win

I am glad Nadal lost to Ferrer.

I honestly think Roddick has a shot at it, so does Djokovic. Haas has a lot of experience and been around since I can remember, he is also very fit. We'll see I guess, it's tennis after all.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Roddick will get crushed by Federer as he always does. They try and hype up their matches all the time but the result is always the same. Until Roddick can attack Federer with more than his serve he will continually get thrashed.

I was very surprised to see Serena lose to Henin. I never realized how inadequate her game was. She simply outmuscles and outpowers all her opponents, but she can't seem to do anything else. Horrible at the net. Henin made her look very weak.

It looks very much like power game is no longer going to be enough to win championships.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Venus has put up a much better fight than her sister. This match has been one hell of a battle.

She's has put up 3x the number of errors as Jankovic though. But that serve is crazy.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Venus has put up a much better fight than her sister. This match has been one hell of a battle.

She's has put up 3x the number of errors as Jankovic though. But that serve is crazy.

So many bad things I can come up with the name Jankovic.

GO VENUS!!!!!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit

yeah her 1st serve was terrible.

i was rooting against her heh. really suprised she won.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
another slam , another loss for serena and another display of bad attitude by serena

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Go R-Fed! I could care less that Roddick represents the USA, he seems like such a whiny baby sometimes after loses.

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
good match so far, disappointed roddick lost the first set but he put up a good fight.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Yeah, hated for that first set to be a tiebreak.

Andy is pumped and focused. Federer is the calm, cool, incredible shot maker he always is.

GO ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

-edit-
LOL!

I love how HD is uncensored.

-edit2-
federer's passing shot are just sick when andy goes to the net. SICK.

-edit3-
Andy is playing some really great tennis...threatening a monster return against federers second server. what a match!!!!!!!