US killed Uday, Qusay to cover up past dealings

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Etech,

LunarRay, based on what my friends have told me you would be wrong about their pulse rate. The pucker factor is always high in a firefight. You have no idea what little surprises they may have prepared for you.

Well... this is something I know about... I think!.. well trained ops folks operate at a high state for sure and if they are in flight (running) they of course would generate the pulse rate to accomodate the action... I speak of the delta of about 60 - 70 BPM to do the same job. Sure the pucker factor is there... but, like the cop on the beat vs the swat folks... the pulse in the same situation is about as I indicated... My son .. now a cop was one of those other kind and this is how he explained it to me... perhaps I've mixed up something but the pulse rate delta is how he splained it to me.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: etech
Would you like to detail the "misquotes" I made. Please list each one.

UQ was incorrect, but yes when he starts this crap I do what he does.

Your assumption "you don't calmly walk over and place the barrel of you gun in the mouth of someone who a few seconds ago was trying to kill you". YOU may not others might.

...and if there is evidence that he was incapacitated when he was "finished off" then it should certainly qualify as a tremendous blunder.

Ok, I'll make one more assumption based on your post.

You don't have a fvcking clue about the military, their training or how soliders would feel in a combat situation.

You would be correct in assuming that I don't have first hand experience either. I am basing my information from friends who have been there including a former Navy Seal.

LunarRay, based on what my friends have told me you would be wrong about their pulse rate. The pucker factor is always high in a firefight. You have no idea what little surprises they may have prepared for you.

Right, so right after accusing someone of "supposing" too much, you made an assumption yourself. Hence my original post on the subject. So apparently your the only one able to make theories on this situation, since you've had to kill so many in the same circumstances.

Your quote:

In this case there was still firing coming from the area. You don't leave someone alive to shoot you or your buddy as you deal with another threat.

still apparently takes no account of the value of people and information they may have in this instance. So whenever you were engaged in firefight with dictator's sons as a security guard, the idea of key information was never taken into account?

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Are you people so damn stupid that you don't understand what you read ?

Uday was still alive when a Delta Force commando stormed the bathroom where the brothers had barricaded themselves.
Following Delta Force's standard procedure, the soldier immediately pumped two bullets into Uday's mouth, to ensure his death.
The resulting injuries prompted speculation that Uday had committed suicide.
Mustafa, 14, was the last to fall, firing from under a bed until he was shot dead.

I seriously doubt that by this time he could put up a struggle to fight back - that's why I said incapacitated.
Which means uncapable of normal function. Did you look at the pictires ? 2 shots that looked like point blank
to the upper left mouth between the mouth and nose.

Glad you Combat Experts have so much more knowledge than anyone else, I'm looking at what is shown
and reading what it looks like from MY experience, so your VAST experience is obviously infallable.
Ever been around this type of situation ? Read your 'Experience' post.

Big difference between being on a ship with big guns outside of active war & in the killing zone.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Yeah etech, you act like you were there or some sh!t. You're pulling out all the hypotheticals. So what's left? Are you going to say the account was wrong now? That's your typical MO, so it wouldn't surprise me.