• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Updated: Formula 1 all seasons thread!

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
Either Merc has managed to up their power output, or the gusty winds hurt them a bit less than others. They just looked faster against RB.
Hamilton is just the best driver. He complains about his tires while outlasting others on the same and maintains the lead anyways - race after race.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
And that is 100 career poles for Hamilton! GOAT Indeed! :beercheers:

Spanish GP Qualifying Results:

P1. Hamilton
P2. Verstappen
P3. Bottas

Ajay

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
Yep, don’t even know where Lewis found those extra 10ths. Last week I thought the Mercs were looking a bit faster than expected. Today we see Honda power is still there; we’ll see about race pace tomorrow!

Perez said he needed 5 races to get the most out of his new RB. I’m giving him that time to start showing he can hang close to Max and give RB a real shot at a WC (though Merc would need to make some mistakes).

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Hamilton scores his 98th victory and fifth straight win at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya! :beercheers:

P1. Hamilton
P2. Verstappen
P3. Bottas

Bottas is going to have to explain his actions holding up Hamilton during the race while on different strategies! :confused_old:

_Rick_

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
Well, Bottas was still racing Verstappen and Leclerc, at that point, so not losing 2 seconds on that lap was a prudent move.
Not like he really fought Hamilton either, he let him through nicely at turn 10.

I was hoping the rain would come and give us an entertaining race, but besides Giovinazzi almost getting a flat tire at the pit stop, not much happened... Except Bottas got shafted with a slower strategy to allow Lewis to win....

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Well, Bottas was still racing Verstappen and Leclerc, at that point, so not losing 2 seconds on that lap was a prudent move.
Not like he really fought Hamilton either, he let him through nicely at turn 10.

I was hoping the rain would come and give us an entertaining race, but besides Giovinazzi almost getting a flat tire at the pit stop, not much happened... Except Bottas got shafted with a slower strategy to allow Lewis to win....
Bottas was never in a position to challenge Verstappen.

Ajay

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
Ugh Red Bull! Why didn’t they pit Max right after Lewis???
Give the lad a shot! Oh, and Ferrari didn’t totally suck!

Lewis' charge back was a master class., damn. That and in the best hands, the Mercs are still a notch above RB.

ASK THE COMMUNITY