Updated 9/20: Bing cashback

Page 75 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sogetsu

May 2, 2005
I got my cash back of 41 dollars and 17 dollars a few days ago! I hope live cash back will be back soon!

azoomee

Golden Member
Jan 5, 2002
This has been an ongoing great deal -- with the best being about %30 percent off during thanksgiving timeframe

moks78

Lifer
Jan 5, 2001
Got my $175 transferred to PP for the 25% CB fm AT&T for the Iphone and Bold I got last December.

C'mon MS...we're waiting for Ebay to become aLive again.

StumbleBum1

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: StumbleBum1
Originally posted by: Billyzeke
This is the latest email i got

Hello James,

Thank you for responding back to Live Search cashback Customer Support!

I'm sorry for all the frustration you've experienced with this issue, James. We have been made aware of a delay in processing payout requests, and have been informed that they will be resolved by the end of this week. Please check your PayPal account on Monday, February 9th. If you still don't see your cashback rewards, simply reply to this email and we'll investigate further. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Delighting our customers is our top priority. We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you. Please reply to this e-mail with any feedback or visit:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://feedback.search.liv......ductkey=cashbackso"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://feedback.search.live.c...?productkey=cashbackso"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://feedback.search.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=cashbackso">https://feedback.sear............cashbackso</a></a></a>

Thank you for contacting Live Search cashback Customer Support.

Warmest regards,

Keith R.

Live Search cashback Support

http://search.live.com/cashback

Got the same email this morning.

I'll bet i'll get another one on February 9th telling me to give it just 1 more week
Ya baby let the BS fly:D

It's now the 9th and no cashback..This is starting to really piss me off

jlin101

Feb 12, 2005
I also have one of my ebay cashback fail to deposit (others went through without issue). Emailed MS Live several times and got no response.

proroc

Oct 13, 2006
Ive had two cashbacks fail and this is the latest responce from MS:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Live Search cashback with your eBay purchase claim auto payment. After further research we are unable to apply cashback savings for this eBay purchase. In working with eBay and PayPal, we have determined that this purchase is not eligible for Live Search cashback savings.

Per the program terms, eBay determines eligibility of purchases and you will not earn cashback rewards on purchases where the store (eBay) does not report the purchase to Microsoft. We have taken extra steps to confirm with eBay and PayPal that program terms have not been met. This entailed submitting your PayPal auto payment information to eBay for review which confirmed you will not earn cashback for this purchase.

As a result, your purchase claim has been closed and we will not be applying cashback for your order. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused you.

Thank you,

Wyatt
Live Search cashback Customer Support

This is complete B/S because I purchased these two items the exact same way I purchased all of the other items I received cashback for. Grrr.....

gigahertz20

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2007
Originally posted by: proroc

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Live Search cashback with your eBay purchase claim auto payment. After further research we are unable to apply cashback savings for this eBay purchase. In working with eBay and PayPal, we have determined that this purchase is not eligible for Live Search cashback savings.

Per the program terms, eBay determines eligibility of purchases and you will not earn cashback rewards on purchases where the store (eBay) does not report the purchase to Microsoft. We have taken extra steps to confirm with eBay and PayPal that program terms have not been met. This entailed submitting your PayPal auto payment information to eBay for review which confirmed you will not earn cashback for this purchase.

As a result, your purchase claim has been closed and we will not be applying cashback for your order. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused you.

Thank you,

Wyatt

This is complete B/S because I purchased these two items the exact same way I purchased all of the other items I received cashback for. Grrr.....

What did you try to buy and get cash back on?

Billyzeke

Jul 7, 2006

I hear ya, this is total BS. I have had several cashback rewards go through without a hitch, now all of a sudden this failed crap that has been going on for nearly a month.

StumbleBum1

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: proroc

Hello,

Thank you,

Wyatt

What a fucking Ponsi SCAM this is

Bleeding Jawa

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2000
Same here. Got the standard list of canned-response emails. No money after the 9th.
Waiting on 3 purchases worth over $350 in cashback.

bondisdead

Apr 28, 2007
Not to sound like a broken record, but I've gotten the same canned emails from them regarding an auto-deposit to my PayPal account. It originally failed on the 16th of January, and it was resubmitted on the 20th. I've been waiting since them. They told me February 2nd, then the 9th. The email was identical to the one posted a bit back, except they used my name instead. I'm worried that they're going to cancel it outright with some bogus excuse.

StumbleBum1

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Billyzeke
This is the latest email i got

Hello James,

Thank you for responding back to Live Search cashback Customer Support!

I'm sorry for all the frustration you've experienced with this issue, James. We have been made aware of a delay in processing payout requests, and have been informed that they will be resolved by the end of this week. Please check your PayPal account on Monday, February 9th. If you still don't see your cashback rewards, simply reply to this email and we'll investigate further. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Delighting our customers is our top priority. We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you. Please reply to this e-mail with any feedback or visit:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://feedback.search..........key=cashbackso"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://feedback.search.liv......ductkey=cashbackso"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://feedback.search.live.c...?productkey=cashbackso"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://feedback.search.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=cashbackso">https://feedback.sear............backso</a></a></a></a>

Warmest regards,

Keith R.

Got the same email this morning.

I'll bet i'll get another one on February 9th telling me to give it just 1 more week
Ya baby let the BS fly:D

But wait just got another BS email

Hello James,

Thank you for replying to Live Search cashback Customer Support!

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble with Live Search cashback, James. Since your payout still hasn't been automatically paid out I'm going to escalate your incident to the Technical Team, who are experts in resolving these types of issues, so that they can process it. I am escalating this to them on your behalf. From this point forward, they will be your primary contact for this incident. The agent assigned to your challenge will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your understanding of this matter. If you have further questions, please reply to this email.

Delighting our customers is our top priority. We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you. Please reply to this e-mail with any feedback or visit: https://feedback.search.live.c...?productkey=cashbackso

Warmest regards,

Keith R.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
I have now recieved a total of 8 cashbacks (4 into cashback account, 4 "automatic"), from two different Live Cashback accounts flawlessly. They range from $12.50 to $200.

My point in saying this is that I do not believe MS is doing anything below-board intentionally. They may really have some glitches.

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
eBay determines eligibility of purchases and you will not earn cashback rewards on purchases where the store (eBay) does not report the purchase to Microsoft.

Shouldn't you be looking at Ebay for resoultion?

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
I have now recieved a total of 8 cashbacks (4 into cashback account, 4 "automatic"), from two different Live Cashback accounts flawlessly. They range from $12.50 to $200.

My point in saying this is that I do not believe MS is doing anything below-board intentionally. They may really have some glitches.

I've had no problems either (though I haven't claimed anything in the last couple weeks). There was a glitch back with my first purchase not showing up but that got corrected after a few emails and a chat with them (they had a live chat available at the time, not sure where it went).

R Nilla

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2006
For people that are having problems with failures, do you have any other transaction options? One of my cashbacks failed the first time around, so instead of PayPal I tried a direct deposit to my checking account (an option that was not available the first time) and it worked fine.

Billyzeke

Jul 7, 2006
There is no other option available for payment on this reward. I have emailed MS customer service multiple times and even spoke to paypal over the phone. Each blames the other. As I said before all my other cashback rewards came through with no problems. The one that failed was supposed to be paid automatically. All the others I had to request payment. Tomorrow I will have enough to request another payment. We'll see how that one goes.

bucd

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2004
Having same problem here. Failed attempt 5 times on a $200 cashback, failed 4 times a a $12.48 cashback, the 5 try for the $12.48 went through.

I contacted papal today. Said that early this month, they did have some problems and that all issues should be "fixed" now. So they told me to ask MS to issue the funds again. I told the guy I had already emailed MS support to do so a couple days ago. I have not seen anything yet. So if you guys are still having issues, try to get MS to issue the funds again and see if this guy is right over at paypal support.

good luck to all!

-D

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
I have the "failed" message multiple times but the last try was on the 4th for a $170 payment and a couple $2 payments. I've emailed them to no avail. I don't get any other option than "In process" for all those failed payments and it doesn't look like they are trying again.