Updated 9/20: Bing cashback

Page 76 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GundamF91

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
What could be causing so much problem with the cashing out the money? I can't imagine a business process being so unreliable. A lot of times it seems it's not MS but rather Paypal that's having problem accepting the cash out request. Could you imagine banking systems working like this? Paypal needs to be regulated like banks are.

Billyzeke

Jul 7, 2006
Here is the latest email I received from MS today:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Live Search cashback payment.

We have encountered a technical issue while processing some payments for recent eBay cashback purchases. We are actively investigating the root of the issue, in close partnership with eBay and PayPal, and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. We'd like to assure customers that all eligible cashback payments which meet the Live Search cashback and eBay terms and conditions will be rewarded. We apologize for any delays and thank you for your patience. As soon as we have more information on the resolution of this issue, we will be back in touch.

Sincerely,

Wyatt

Live Search cashback Support

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
got the same email from "Wyatt" - at least they are acknowledging the issue at this point rather than blaming each other back and forth....crossing my fngers and hoping for a solution soon....

dakels

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Originally posted by: dakels
I got an HP laptop order (through HP.com) that got screwed up and they had to redo it in the system. Everything on the 25% cashback showed up ok for 2 months. Then a few days before the cash back date they canceled it saying the order was invalid. Now I have to call HP and and MS to clarify this. They better not reset the clock on this.

On the bright side, a laptop order a week before that came through and I already cashed out $140. Now to get the other $140. Any advice is appreciated to those who had to deal with microsoft live cashback customer service.

So its been like 3 months now and I haven't been able to get this resolved. I have had a service ticket with MS for about a month with no response. I just got off the phone with HP who said they could not help me since they are not the ones paying. They could only confirm that I did purchase a laptop at that time although it has a different internal purchase ID because it had to be reinput due to error.

Anyone have a number to reach MS because I can't seem to get anything but a canned response from their email system.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Trying to get them to credit purchases made at retail places is like pulling teeth. They owe me for about $450 in purchased over the last month.

Bleeding Jawa

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2000
After going through the whole loop of auto-reply emails from MS, I finally got my 3 failed transactions by contacting paypal with all the transaction information. All squared away now after waiting a month in limbo.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Mine has been slowly coming through. Takin'em long enough, but I suppose I can't complain about cash back. Gotten around $400 so far and expecting about another $150.

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
If you go to live.com and type in "video card" I was able to get 10% cashback at Tigerdirect. The ad is on the right side, so click through with cookies enabled.

Not such a great deal for me since I have to pay sales tax because of my location. However there might be someone who can use the discount.

Edit: Also overstock.com has 12% cashback with same search. Not bad. :)