UPDATE! There was a hate crime committed accross the street from my school

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
I am dead serious. You didn't term all white people as hicks. You coined a stereotypical uneducated white person as a "hick" Just like there is a difference between a black person and what people call a stereotypical uneducated black person. However, I would never eve

Where did I say they where unedjermacated? Show me please cause I cant seem to find it. Oh and so are you saying that only uneducated black people get called niggers? :confused:

-Xionide

Emveach

Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Xionide
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Its all that anyone has been talking about in my school. There is a black family that had a cross burnt in their front yard. The dad is a priest at the local church. Here is a link to the story. Mike Buckholz is my history teacher and I signed that poster that they are talking about in that link.

There has been a racial dispute going on in our city. The walls in our gym last year had "KILL ALL THE NIGGERS" spray painted all over. I am part of the 1% of the black kids that go to the school and I have noticed a lot more "hicks" lately and confederate flags and swasticas all over. I am not saying its them or anything (in fact it was a couple of "hicks" bringing that poster around to the classes) but you know what I mean.

It is pretty funny. Everybody is blaming people they hate at the high school for it and they are being pulled into the office. This is the second time this year our tiny little city has had a blip on the news. Remeber earlier this year when that guy was selling those jets and fiber optic cable on ebay? That guys company is in arlington too.

As for me, I am not scared or anything. Just kind of suprised this would happen in the most northwest part of the country. The main thing that is pissing me off is people coming up to me and asking me for the ol "black perspective". Ya, I am black. No my mind isnt wired differently than anyone else's. I am not about to break out in a "I have a dream" speach. LOL @ white people (jk)

Cliff notes: There was a cross burning on a black familys lawn and the dads a priest. Riots broke out and the millitary got involved and ran over 2 people with a tank.

-Xionide

I take great offense to calling white people "hicks". Please edit it from your post. I wouldn't call your race a degrading name, and you have no right to refer to white people that way either.

You better be joking. Seriously, didnt you see the quotation marks? Did I say all white people are hicks? Its a name of a grouping of people and not one of them is offended by it. Actually they prefer that or rednecks and I am not joking they sit there and they are like "Damn right I am a redneck". Its just a category of clique at our school. Just like Nerd, band geek, jock, prep, skater should I go on?

Go ahead and reply to this saying something like "well why do black people get to say nigger and not white people? hmm. HMMM!"
Well that is because of context and you know it. I could go on but why fuel the fire?

-Xionide

Amazing how all the categories you pick out, with the exception of skater, could be found to be either insulting or offensive to the people that you are refering to. Its also nice that you believe that context makes it OK for other blacks to call each other "nigger", but the same doesn't apply to some white guys calling themselves "hicks"?

Maybe after you stop being a racist yourself, you'll find a way to help others get past it.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Its all that anyone has been talking about in my school. There is a black family that had a cross burnt in their front yard. The dad is a priest at the local church. Here is a link to the story. Mike Buckholz is my history teacher and I signed that poster that they are talking about in that link.

There has been a racial dispute going on in our city. The walls in our gym last year had "KILL ALL THE NIGGERS" spray painted all over. I am part of the 1% of the black kids that go to the school and I have noticed a lot more "hicks" lately and confederate flags and swasticas all over. I am not saying its them or anything (in fact it was a couple of "hicks" bringing that poster around to the classes) but you know what I mean.

It is pretty funny. Everybody is blaming people they hate at the high school for it and they are being pulled into the office. This is the second time this year our tiny little city has had a blip on the news. Remeber earlier this year when that guy was selling those jets and fiber optic cable on ebay? That guys company is in arlington too.

As for me, I am not scared or anything. Just kind of suprised this would happen in the most northwest part of the country. The main thing that is pissing me off is people coming up to me and asking me for the ol "black perspective". Ya, I am black. No my mind isnt wired differently than anyone else's. I am not about to break out in a "I have a dream" speach. LOL @ white people (jk)

Cliff notes: There was a cross burning on a black familys lawn and the dads a priest. Riots broke out and the millitary got involved and ran over 2 people with a tank.

-Xionide

I take great offense to calling white people "hicks". Please edit it from your post. I wouldn't call your race a degrading name, and you have no right to refer to white people that way either.

You better be joking. Seriously, didnt you see the quotation marks? Did I say all white people are hicks? Its a name of a grouping of people and not one of them is offended by it. Actually they prefer that or rednecks and I am not joking they sit there and they are like "Damn right I am a redneck". Its just a category of clique at our school. Just like Nerd, band geek, jock, prep, skater should I go on?

Go ahead and reply to this saying something like "well why do black people get to say nigger and not white people? hmm. HMMM!"
Well that is because of context and you know it. I could go on but why fuel the fire?

-Xionide

I am dead serious.

You didn't term all white people as hicks. You coined a stereotypical uneducated white person as a "hick"

Just like there is a difference between a black person and what people call a stereotypical uneducated black person. However, I would never eve

He termed a racist assh0le as a hick. And rightfully so.

I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

EDIT:
And this thread follows what I see where I live.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Pickup truck driving, Garth Brooks listening, confederate flag brandishing, nascar watching white people are hicks. I can say that because I am white.

And I cant?

-Xionide

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

-Xionide

-Xionide

I am dead serious.

You didn't term all white people as hicks. You coined a stereotypical uneducated white person as a "hick"

Just like there is a difference between a black person and what people call a stereotypical uneducated black person. However, I would never eve

He termed a racist assh0le as a hick. And rightfully so.

I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

You are SOOO digging yourself a deeper hole.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Be careful what you say or these internet intellectuals will scream "reverse racism".

If you think for a minute that a white person is going to be disadvantaged, compared to a black person, as a result of "racism", you are quite good at fooling yourself.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Pickup truck driving, Garth Brooks listening, confederate flag brandishing, nascar watching white people are hicks. I can say that because I am white.

And I cant?

-Xionide
No, you can call them hicks because they are hicks. I'm just trying to remove the race card rebuttal before it's used.

Emveach

Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Be careful what you say or these internet intellectuals will scream "reverse racism".

There is no such thing. Racism is racism no matter what person spouts it.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
OMG now I am an uneducated racist. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
rolleye.gif

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
I'm just saying, Im white and called people hicks like 30 posts ago and no one has harrassed me yet. Please do

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Originally posted by: tweakmm

And I cant?

-Xionide
No, you can call them hicks because they are hicks. I'm just trying to remove the race card rebuttal before it's used.

Works for me. :beer: for you.

-Xionide

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
rolleye.gif

Your uneducated for sure, racist I dunno. You certainly picked a poor choice of words though imo.

Emveach

Feb 3, 2003
rolleye.gif

I never said you were uneducated. A racist, yes...you might just be. If you want to call youself uneducated, then thats your own call to make.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Emveach

There is no such thing. Racism is racism no matter what person spouts it.

I agree with you 100%

DrNoobie

Banned
Mar 3, 2004
Some people are too sensitive about race. I'm a cracker, a hick, whitey, what have you...who gives a crap? There are more important things in life to worry about. Unless you're being denied service or physically threatened, shrug it off.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Emveach
rolleye.gif

I never said you were uneducated. A racist, yes...you might just be. If you want to call youself uneducated, then thats your own call to make.

All my friends are white WTF?

-Xionide

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
rolleye.gif

Your uneducated for sure, racist I dunno. You certainly picked a poor choice of words though imo.

Pot meet kettle...you used 'your' incorrectly. It should be you're or you are.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
There's a difference between Xionide calling people at his school hicks and them calling Xionide a n!gger. Whites a) aren't the minority, b) are the ones with power, c) have the race based advantages. When you decide that any recognition of race is racism, and that you should pretend that all races are in equal positions in society, you are just putting a blinder over your own eyes.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002

If you think for a minute that a white person is going to be disadvantaged, compared to a black person, as a result of "racism", you are quite good at fooling yourself.

look at any of the better college a black student will get a free ride where the same white student wouldn't even get looked at.

Emveach

Feb 3, 2003
Really, all I'm trying to point out is the irony in using what can be considered as some as a derogatory, even racist, comment, in a post about a hate crime.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
There's a difference between Xionide calling people at his school hicks and them calling Xionide a n!gger. Whites a) aren't the minority, b) are the ones with power, c) have the race based advantages. When you decide that any recognition of race is racism, and that you should pretend that all races are in equal positions in society, you are just putting a blinder over your own eyes.

Agreed.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Spencer278

look at any of the better college a black student will get a free ride where the same white student wouldn't even get looked at.

rolleye.gif

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Originally posted by: DrNoobie
Some people are too sensitive about race. I'm a cracker, a hick, whitey, what have you...who gives a crap? There are more important things in life to worry about. Unless you're being denied service or physically threatened, shrug it off.

Good point. I am pretty racially lax. I tell racist jokes because I think its kind of funny that everybody gets so pissed off about it. I have a pretty good one and I would probably post it if all the children would settle down and the mods wouldnt ban me.

-Xionide

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001

Wow.

a) aren't the minority
Depends on the definition.

b) are the ones with power
People are voted into office. It's not like some all unsaid saying that White people MUST be in the gov't.

c) have the race based advantages
That is the most backwards retarded thing I've EVER heard. Name ONE THING that white people get because they are white.
Blacks qualify for MANY things white people do not get;
loans, JOBS, etc. etc. etc.

edit:
try schools... you have any idea how many black only scholarships there are?? Show me TWO white only scholarships?

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
alright im going to go eat my dinner now. I expect someone to yell at me by the time i get back

Hicks are everywhere.