UPDATE! There was a hate crime committed accross the street from my school

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
11,757
0
71
Originally posted by: BladeWalker
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Originally posted by: BladeWalker
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Wow, this thread is amazing. Wink, giving black people AA and other advantages like that doesn't even anything out, it gives blacks an UNFAIR advantage, doesn't equal anything out.

If you believe otherwise you are the one whose blind!
For people who can't look at the big picture it seems blatantly unfair, but can you honestly say that you would confront the same amount of racism that a black person would in your lifetime?

Here's a few things to keep in mind:
1. The percentage of Blacks in college vs the percentage of Black population in the US is smaller than that of Whites.
2. There is a large population of Blacks living in poverty.
3. There is a stigma that getting an education is "acting" White.
4. Inner city public schools where most Blacks attend receive less funding and publicity than schools in White neighborhood. (We'll not talk about school shooting)
5. Brown vs the Board of Education.

Education has been known to be the great equalizer, so heaven forbid our government for trying to promote Black education. Affirmative Action may be unfair to any individual that lose out when applying for college. Even with AA still in effect #1 above still holds true, so live with the opportunities you have. In the grand scheme of things AA is the best thing we have at the moment.

You are NOT Black, so you can't possibly understand the extent of racism they face.
I am NOT Black, so I can't possibly understand the extent of racism they face either.

I for one am glad that AA is still in effect and hope that people like you should never have to make a decision affecting AA.


1. The percentage of Blacks in Pro Basketball far outweights the percentage of whites, does that mean we should have AA for the NBA?
2. There is a large population of Whites living in poverty as well.
3.

4. If two people, one black one white go to the same school they should have the same opportunity, they dont. Give extra funding based on school, not race.
5.
1. Education improves the individual and society much more so than being able to play basketball. Where are your priorities?
2. Poor whites has better chance of getting Financial Aid than rich ones (which is how it should be).
4. When racism ends and we have equal treatment in society, yes that is how it should be. Race is not the ultimate criteria in college acceptance anyway. Many factors like grades, SAT scores, and economic status are also factors. It's when the applicants are fairly equivalent that race come into play.
5. It should be an important lesson in history.

4. If the applicants are fairly equivalent then race should NOT come into play. If they are both poor they should be given equal opportunity, just like if they are both rich, stupid, smart, or whatever else they may be. Men are supposed to be equal under the constitution, so why is the government giving one race an advantage over another?


I agree that people are still racist today, but don't believe that its only whites that are racist. I also believe that some whites have an advantage over some blacks.


The thing you are failing to see is that all things equal AA gives blacks the advantages over whites. Thats what I have a problem with, all things equal.... all things should be equal. Color should NOT BE A FACTOR. If you want to give someone an advantage do it based on financial needs, or economic status, not color. And if by chance more blacks are helped then whites, then thats fine. As long as its done fairly, and not by color.

 

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
13,990
0
0
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Originally posted by: BladeWalker
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Wow, this thread is amazing. Wink, giving black people AA and other advantages like that doesn't even anything out, it gives blacks an UNFAIR advantage, doesn't equal anything out.

If you believe otherwise you are the one whose blind!
For people who can't look at the big picture it seems blatantly unfair, but can you honestly say that you would confront the same amount of racism that a black person would in your lifetime?

Here's a few things to keep in mind:
1. The percentage of Blacks in college vs the percentage of Black population in the US is smaller than that of Whites.
2. There is a large population of Blacks living in poverty.
3. There is a stigma that getting an education is "acting" White.
4. Inner city public schools where most Blacks attend receive less funding and publicity than schools in White neighborhood. (We'll not talk about school shooting)
5. Brown vs the Board of Education.

Education has been known to be the great equalizer, so heaven forbid our government for trying to promote Black education. Affirmative Action may be unfair to any individual that lose out when applying for college. Even with AA still in effect #1 above still holds true, so live with the opportunities you have. In the grand scheme of things AA is the best thing we have at the moment.

You are NOT Black, so you can't possibly understand the extent of racism they face.
I am NOT Black, so I can't possibly understand the extent of racism they face either.

I for one am glad that AA is still in effect and hope that people like you should never have to make a decision affecting AA.


1. The percentage of Blacks in Pro Basketball far outweights the percentage of whites, does that mean we should have AA for the NBA?
2. There is a large population of Whites living in poverty as well.
3.

4. If two people, one black one white go to the same school they should have the same opportunity, they dont. Give extra funding based on school, not race.
5.
1. The number of blacks in basketball is irrelevant, because that is a result of physical advantages that blacks have. Physical advantage is different from advantage resulting from racism and the societal position of blacks, and poverty, that is a direct result of historical oppression by whites.
2. Yeah of course there's a large population of whites living in poverty. That doesn't mean there's a correlation between whiteness and poverty like there is between blackness and poverty.
4. No of course they don't have the same opportunity. The white person has a better opportunity. Affirmative action is supposed to compensate for that, but it doesn't. How often is affirmative action even in effect?? What are you talking about? "Giving extra funding"?? The issue is that from the start, blacks are severely disadvantaged as a whole than whites. You can bitch all you want, but maybe those few *marginal* white individuals who lose their positions in a university to blacks who had to struggle through a ghetto educational system (do you have any idea how bad those schools are?) should have worked a little harder. Yes, there are obviously rich blacks and poor whites, but those few cases are irrelevant in the grand scheme, and no reason to continually subject blacks to poverty by not allowing them to get out of the hole you have dug for them.

And, as far as grade school, if we really want to equalize educational opportunities, we will use statewide educational taxing and funding, rather than this crap where the poorest kids get the worst education. If you want to do away with affirmative action, first do away with the affirmative action that gives white kids a better grade school education.
 

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
11,757
0
71
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Originally posted by: BladeWalker
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Wow, this thread is amazing. Wink, giving black people AA and other advantages like that doesn't even anything out, it gives blacks an UNFAIR advantage, doesn't equal anything out.

If you believe otherwise you are the one whose blind!
For people who can't look at the big picture it seems blatantly unfair, but can you honestly say that you would confront the same amount of racism that a black person would in your lifetime?

Here's a few things to keep in mind:
1. The percentage of Blacks in college vs the percentage of Black population in the US is smaller than that of Whites.
2. There is a large population of Blacks living in poverty.
3. There is a stigma that getting an education is "acting" White.
4. Inner city public schools where most Blacks attend receive less funding and publicity than schools in White neighborhood. (We'll not talk about school shooting)
5. Brown vs the Board of Education.

Education has been known to be the great equalizer, so heaven forbid our government for trying to promote Black education. Affirmative Action may be unfair to any individual that lose out when applying for college. Even with AA still in effect #1 above still holds true, so live with the opportunities you have. In the grand scheme of things AA is the best thing we have at the moment.

You are NOT Black, so you can't possibly understand the extent of racism they face.
I am NOT Black, so I can't possibly understand the extent of racism they face either.

I for one am glad that AA is still in effect and hope that people like you should never have to make a decision affecting AA.


1. The percentage of Blacks in Pro Basketball far outweights the percentage of whites, does that mean we should have AA for the NBA?
2. There is a large population of Whites living in poverty as well.
3.

4. If two people, one black one white go to the same school they should have the same opportunity, they dont. Give extra funding based on school, not race.
5.
1. The number of blacks in basketball is irrelevant, because that is a result of physical advantages that blacks have. Physical advantage is different from advantage resulting from racism and the societal position of blacks that is a direct result of historical oppression by whites.
2. Yeah of course there's a large population of whites living in poverty. That doesn't mean there's a correlation between whiteness and poverty like there is between blackness and poverty.
4. No of course they don't have the same opportunity. The white person has a better opportunity. Affirmative action is supposed to compensate for that, but it doesn't. How often is affirmative action even in effect?? What are you talking about? "Giving extra funding"?? The issue is that from the start, blacks are severely disadvantaged as a whole than whites. You can bitch all you want, but maybe those few *marginal* white individuals who lose their positions in a university to blacks who had to struggle through a ghetto educational system (do you have any idea how bad those schools are?) should have worked a little harder. Yes, there are obviously rich blacks and poor whites, but those few cases are irrelevant in the grand scheme, and no reason to continually subject blacks to poverty by not allowing them to get out of the hole you have dug for them.

And, as far as grade school, if we really want to equalize educational opportunities, we will use statewide educational taxing and funding, rather than this crap where the poorest kids get the worst education. If you want to do away with affirmative action, first do away with the affirmative action that gives white kids a better grade school education.


Wink, you mention blacks have a physical advantage. Do you not think that it is possible for whites to have a mental advantage then?
 

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
3,637
0
0
Originally posted by: BladeWalker
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Originally posted by: BladeWalker
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Wow, this thread is amazing. Wink, giving black people AA and other advantages like that doesn't even anything out, it gives blacks an UNFAIR advantage, doesn't equal anything out.

If you believe otherwise you are the one whose blind!
For people who can't look at the big picture it seems blatantly unfair, but can you honestly say that you would confront the same amount of racism that a black person would in your lifetime?

Here's a few things to keep in mind:
1. The percentage of Blacks in college vs the percentage of Black population in the US is smaller than that of Whites.
2. There is a large population of Blacks living in poverty.
3. There is a stigma that getting an education is "acting" White.
4. Inner city public schools where most Blacks attend receive less funding and publicity than schools in White neighborhood. (We'll not talk about school shooting)
5. Brown vs the Board of Education.

Education has been known to be the great equalizer, so heaven forbid our government for trying to promote Black education. Affirmative Action may be unfair to any individual that lose out when applying for college. Even with AA still in effect #1 above still holds true, so live with the opportunities you have. In the grand scheme of things AA is the best thing we have at the moment.

You are NOT Black, so you can't possibly understand the extent of racism they face.
I am NOT Black, so I can't possibly understand the extent of racism they face either.

I for one am glad that AA is still in effect and hope that people like you should never have to make a decision affecting AA.


1. The percentage of Blacks in Pro Basketball far outweights the percentage of whites, does that mean we should have AA for the NBA?
2. There is a large population of Whites living in poverty as well.
3.

4. If two people, one black one white go to the same school they should have the same opportunity, they dont. Give extra funding based on school, not race.
5.
1. Education improves the individual and society much more so than being able to play basketball. Where are your priorities?
2. Poor whites has better chance of getting Financial Aid than rich ones (which is how it should be).
4. When racism ends and we have equal treatment in society, yes that is how it should be. Race is not the ultimate criteria in college acceptance anyway. Many factors like grades, SAT scores, and economic status are also factors. It's when the applicants are fairly equivalent that race come into play.
5. It should be an important lesson in history.
1. Let me guess the library will not let any blacks come in and read books.
2. Rich black have a better chance of getting Financial Aid then middle class white students. Poor blacks also have a better chance of getting finicial aid then poor white students.
4. Race comes into play when the applicant is sub par. A below average black student will get accept while higher quality white students gets rejected. The accepts of students based on non-academic factors is bad because it tends to water down the classes.
 

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
13,990
0
0
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
4. If the applicants are fairly equivalent then race should NOT come into play. If they are both poor they should be given equal opportunity, just like if they are both rich, stupid, smart, or whatever else they may be. Men are supposed to be equal under the constitution, so why is the government giving one race an advantage over another?


I agree that people are still racist today, but don't believe that its only whites that are racist. I also believe that some whites have an advantage over some blacks.


The thing you are failing to see is that all things equal AA gives blacks the advantages over whites. Thats what I have a problem with, all things equal.... all things should be equal. Color should NOT BE A FACTOR. If you want to give someone an advantage do it based on financial needs, or economic status, not color. And if by chance more blacks are helped then whites, then thats fine. As long as its done fairly, and not by color.
All things ARE NOT equal. All things would be equal if blacks weren't considerably poorer as a whole, and wouldn't be subject to any discrimination whatsoever.
 

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
11,757
0
71
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
4. If the applicants are fairly equivalent then race should NOT come into play. If they are both poor they should be given equal opportunity, just like if they are both rich, stupid, smart, or whatever else they may be. Men are supposed to be equal under the constitution, so why is the government giving one race an advantage over another?


I agree that people are still racist today, but don't believe that its only whites that are racist. I also believe that some whites have an advantage over some blacks.


The thing you are failing to see is that all things equal AA gives blacks the advantages over whites. Thats what I have a problem with, all things equal.... all things should be equal. Color should NOT BE A FACTOR. If you want to give someone an advantage do it based on financial needs, or economic status, not color. And if by chance more blacks are helped then whites, then thats fine. As long as its done fairly, and not by color.
All things ARE NOT equal. All things would be equal if blacks weren't considerably poorer as a whole, and wouldn't be subject to any discrimination whatsoever.



HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION------- ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL-------


The black person gets the advantage.


ANOTHER HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION------ WHITE IS SLIGHTLY MORE EDUCATED, BETTER GRADES, SAME ECONOMIC STATUS-----------


Black still gets ahead. Why? They both got dealt bad cards, but the white who worked harder, or is just inherently more intelligent gets the shaft. Thats the problem with AA, and thats why its unfair.
 

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
3,637
0
0
And, as far as grade school, if we really want to equalize educational opportunities, we will use statewide educational taxing and funding, rather than this crap where the poorest kids get the worst education. If you want to do away with affirmative action, first do away with the affirmative action that gives white kids a better grade school education.
Why should one person have to pay for the education of some one else crack child. Any move away from local control is bad. All it would do is force parents in the rich districts to start pulling their kids out of public schools and then try and cut spending on public schools because they are getting no benifits.
 

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
18,436
3
0
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: Xionide
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: Xionide
Its all that anyone has been talking about in my school. There is a black family that had a cross burnt in their front yard. The dad is a priest at the local church. Here is a link to the story. Mike Buckholz is my history teacher and I signed that poster that they are talking about in that link.

There has been a racial dispute going on in our city. The walls in our gym last year had "KILL ALL THE NIGGERS" spray painted all over. I am part of the 1% of the black kids that go to the school and I have noticed a lot more "hicks" lately and confederate flags and swasticas all over. I am not saying its them or anything (in fact it was a couple of "hicks" bringing that poster around to the classes) but you know what I mean.

It is pretty funny. Everybody is blaming people they hate at the high school for it and they are being pulled into the office. This is the second time this year our tiny little city has had a blip on the news. Remeber earlier this year when that guy was selling those jets and fiber optic cable on ebay? That guys company is in arlington too.

As for me, I am not scared or anything. Just kind of suprised this would happen in the most northwest part of the country. The main thing that is pissing me off is people coming up to me and asking me for the ol "black perspective". Ya, I am black. No my mind isnt wired differently than anyone else's. I am not about to break out in a "I have a dream" speach. LOL @ white people (jk)


Cliff notes: There was a cross burning on a black familys lawn and the dads a priest. Riots broke out and the millitary got involved and ran over 2 people with a tank.

-Xionide


I take great offense to calling white people "hicks". Please edit it from your post. I wouldn't call your race a degrading name, and you have no right to refer to white people that way either.
You better be joking. Seriously, didnt you see the quotation marks? Did I say all white people are hicks? Its a name of a grouping of people and not one of them is offended by it. Actually they prefer that or rednecks and I am not joking they sit there and they are like "Damn right I am a redneck". Its just a category of clique at our school. Just like Nerd, band geek, jock, prep, skater should I go on?

Go ahead and reply to this saying something like "well why do black people get to say nigger and not white people? hmm. HMMM!"
Well that is because of context and you know it. I could go on but why fuel the fire?

-Xionide
I am dead serious.

You didn't term all white people as hicks. You coined a stereotypical uneducated white person as a "hick"

Just like there is a difference between a black person and what people call a stereotypical uneducated black person. However, I would never eve
Pickup truck driving, Garth Brooks listening, confederate flag brandishing, nascar watching white people are hicks. I've also found that hicks call every black person the derogatory name that starts with n and rhymes with chigger regardless of education. I can say that because I am white.

Let me guess, you like nascar and garth brooks eh?
well crap. I live on a farm, have a truck, listen to garth brooks and even watch nascar on occasion so i guess i fit the term of "hick". I have NEVER called a black guy that name. Nore am i a raceist (have a mixed family myself).

not all people that listen to such music, watch nascar or such are raciest KKK such.

though i never understood the confederate flagh stuff.
The confederate flag is a main factor in hickness. No confederate flag == probably not a hick. I really hate to generalize, but living and traveling in the south I have found that if you fit all of the above criteria, you usualy find african americans to be an inferior race, whether you publicly vocalize your feelings or not.
 

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
17,948
31
91
It's the type of conversation that is ongoing in this thread that allows a lot of this race BS to persist. It's almost as if people go out of their way to take something that one might say and turn it into something racist for whatever reason.

Some of the people posting in this thread are of the extreme PC variety that I really wish would just do our entire society a favor and run into the nearest lane of oncoming traffic. The idiocy has to stop. You can help.

Now, obviously a cross-burning in someone's yard is not going to be taken out of context, whether the owner of the property is black, white, arabian, etc. Whoever placed it there did so with a great disdain for the inhabitant. I read your initial post and really read right past the word 'hick' since to me it is just another word. The original respondent obviously cared more about commenting on your use of the word as opposed to the incident that occured which caused you to write it in the first place. It doesn't sound to me as if you're a racist, but if you are then it's apparent you live in an area that breeds such sentiment.

I hope they find whoever put up the cross and punish them in a manner that will 'persuade' the idiot REDNECK(s), or anyone else in the community, never consider doing such a thing ever again. Of course that will never happen. Our society's justice system is too lenient but that's a whole different can of worms for an entirely different thread.
 

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
13,990
0
0
Originally posted by: Cuda1447Wink, you mention blacks have a physical advantage. Do you not think that it is possible for whites to have a mental advantage then?
Of course it's possible. But that doesn't hold water scientifically. In addition, there is a difference between looking at the physical advantage of basketball players and mental advantages of ordinary people. There are only a few hundred professional basketball players. It just happens that the best basketball players that the black race has to offer are better than the best basketball players that the white race has to offer. And this is not even consistent, as there are white basketball players. If you want to look at small numbers of people, I can show you a few white intellectuals, a few black ones, a few Asian ones. Those are all irrelevant when you have to look at the majority of people. Whites are not smarter than blacks.
All this isn't even consideirng nature vs nurture.
 

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
13,990
0
0
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
It's the type of conversation that is ongoing in this thread that allows a lot of this race BS to persist. It's almost as if people go out of their way to take something that one might say and turn it into something racist for whatever reason.

Some of the people posting in this thread are of the extreme PC variety that I really wish would just do our entire society a favor and run into the nearest lane of oncoming traffic. The idiocy has to stop. You can help.

Now, obviously a cross-burning in someone's yard is not going to be taken out of context, whether the owner of the property is black, white, arabian, etc. Whoever placed it there did so with a great disdain for the inhabitant. I read your initial post and really read right past the word 'hick' since to me it is just another word. The original respondent obviously cared more about commenting on your use of the word as opposed to the incident that occured which caused you to write it in the first place. It doesn't sound to me as if you're a racist, but if you are then it's apparent you live in an area that breeds such sentiment.

I hope they find whoever put up the cross and punish them in a manner that will 'persuade' the idiot REDNECK(s), or anyone else in the community, never consider doing such a thing ever again. Of course that will never happen. Our society's justice system is too lenient but that's a whole different can of worms for an entirely different thread.
Oh, so recognizing racism and discussing it is racism? What's PC, and admittedly liberal in some cases, is pretending race doesn't exist and not wanting to talk about it.
 

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
17,948
31
91
Actually, reading into that guy's post and explaining to him that his use of the word 'hick' is racist, is an attempt to drive the political correctness agenda down his throat. I'm just sick of the whole thing. It's almost as if you have to think about every single word you say or write just because some twisted individual may read one word out of context and brand you as something that you are not.

 

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
11,757
0
71
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: Cuda1447Wink, you mention blacks have a physical advantage. Do you not think that it is possible for whites to have a mental advantage then?
Of course it's possible. But that doesn't hold water scientifically. In addition, there is a difference between looking at the physical advantage of basketball players and mental advantages of ordinary people. There are only a few hundred professional basketball players. It just happens that the best basketball players that the black race has to offer are better than the best basketball players that the white race has to offer. And this is not even consistent, as there are white basketball players. If you want to look at small numbers of people, I can show you a few white intellectuals, a few black ones, a few Asian ones. Those are all irrelevant when you have to look at the majority of people. Whites are not smarter than blacks.
All this isn't even consideirng nature vs nurture.
Lets just drop this argument, cause its not important, and quite frankly neither of us have any facts to backup our statements. The point I'm trying to make is in my above post, with the hypothetical situations. Read that, and then respond, its the gist of why I disagree with AA.
 

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
68,145
9
81
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: tweakmmPickup truck driving, Garth Brooks listening, confederate flag brandishing, nascar watching white people are hicks. I've also found that hicks call every black person the derogatory name that starts with n and rhymes with chigger regardless of education. I can say that because I am white.

Let me guess, you like nascar and garth brooks eh?
well crap. I live on a farm, have a truck, listen to garth brooks and even watch nascar on occasion so i guess i fit the term of "hick". I have NEVER called a black guy that name. Nore am i a raceist (have a mixed family myself).

not all people that listen to such music, watch nascar or such are raciest KKK such.

though i never understood the confederate flagh stuff.
The confederate flag is a main factor in hickness. No confederate flag == probably not a hick. I really hate to generalize, but living and traveling in the south I have found that if you fit all of the above criteria, you usualy find african americans to be an inferior race, whether you publicly vocalize your feelings or not.
well i dont think its the country music (i know a few blacks that listen to it), the trucks or nascar. now the confederate flag may be the factor. If you know the history of the flag that would explain it.

though i do have to agree some country music is raciest, I dont care for that myself but it is like rap music some of that is raciest.
 

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
3,841
0
0
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: Xionide
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: Xionide
Its all that anyone has been talking about in my school. There is a black family that had a cross burnt in their front yard. The dad is a priest at the local church. Here is a link to the story. Mike Buckholz is my history teacher and I signed that poster that they are talking about in that link.

There has been a racial dispute going on in our city. The walls in our gym last year had "KILL ALL THE NIGGERS" spray painted all over. I am part of the 1% of the black kids that go to the school and I have noticed a lot more "hicks" lately and confederate flags and swasticas all over. I am not saying its them or anything (in fact it was a couple of "hicks" bringing that poster around to the classes) but you know what I mean.

It is pretty funny. Everybody is blaming people they hate at the high school for it and they are being pulled into the office. This is the second time this year our tiny little city has had a blip on the news. Remeber earlier this year when that guy was selling those jets and fiber optic cable on ebay? That guys company is in arlington too.

As for me, I am not scared or anything. Just kind of suprised this would happen in the most northwest part of the country. The main thing that is pissing me off is people coming up to me and asking me for the ol "black perspective". Ya, I am black. No my mind isnt wired differently than anyone else's. I am not about to break out in a "I have a dream" speach. LOL @ white people (jk)


Cliff notes: There was a cross burning on a black familys lawn and the dads a priest. Riots broke out and the millitary got involved and ran over 2 people with a tank.

-Xionide


I take great offense to calling white people "hicks". Please edit it from your post. I wouldn't call your race a degrading name, and you have no right to refer to white people that way either.
You better be joking. Seriously, didnt you see the quotation marks? Did I say all white people are hicks? Its a name of a grouping of people and not one of them is offended by it. Actually they prefer that or rednecks and I am not joking they sit there and they are like "Damn right I am a redneck". Its just a category of clique at our school. Just like Nerd, band geek, jock, prep, skater should I go on?

Go ahead and reply to this saying something like "well why do black people get to say nigger and not white people? hmm. HMMM!"
Well that is because of context and you know it. I could go on but why fuel the fire?

-Xionide
I am dead serious.

You didn't term all white people as hicks. You coined a stereotypical uneducated white person as a "hick"

Just like there is a difference between a black person and what people call a stereotypical uneducated black person. However, I would never eve
He termed a racist assh0le as a hick. And rightfully so.

I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

EDIT:
And this thread follows what I see where I live.

"I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites."

ROTFLMAO!! Quote of the year!! haha. Thanks for the laughs.



 

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
3,841
0
0
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Spencer278
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Be careful what you say or these internet intellectuals will scream "reverse racism".

If you think for a minute that a white person is going to be disadvantaged, compared to a black person, as a result of "racism", you are quite good at fooling yourself.
look at any of the better college a black student will get a free ride where the same white student wouldn't even get looked at.
Actually, he has a pretty valid point it is much much easier to get into colleges and get financial aid as a minority as compared to a white person. What I would do to be a moderately intelligent Native American.

unless you're asian, and you're already in a school that has an overrepresentation of them. Don't say minority, i know of Indians with FAR better academic credentials than whites that have been rejected from schools that they should not have been, simply because they were overrepresented.
 

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
2,098
0
0
Originally posted by: se7enty7


I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

EDIT:
And this thread follows what I see where I live.
Let me guess, you're one of the ridiculously stupid 40% of AT (referring to a poll from a while ago) who believe white males are the most discriminated group.
 

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
7,326
0
0
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: se7enty7


I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

EDIT:
And this thread follows what I see where I live.
Let me guess, you're one of the ridiculously stupid 40% of AT (referring to a poll from a while ago) who believe white males are the most discriminated group.
I do believe that, but I didn't participate in the poll.
 

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
3,841
0
0
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: se7enty7


I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

EDIT:
And this thread follows what I see where I live.
Let me guess, you're one of the ridiculously stupid 40% of AT (referring to a poll from a while ago) who believe white males are the most discriminated group.
"I do believe that, but I didn't participate in the poll."


I find that unbelievable.
 

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
2,098
0
0
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: se7enty7


I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

EDIT:
And this thread follows what I see where I live.
Let me guess, you're one of the ridiculously stupid 40% of AT (referring to a poll from a while ago) who believe white males are the most discriminated group.
I do believe that, but I didn't participate in the poll.
Do you seriously believe that? When I saw the results of the poll, that just boggled my mind. It's like someone dogmatically arguing with me that the earth is flat. It's such a ridiculous notion that I don't even know how to respond. WHY do you believe, as a white male, that you are the most discriminated group against? Because of AA?
 

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
3,142
0
0
Originally posted by: Xionide
Pickup truck driving, Garth Brooks listening, confederate flag brandishing, nascar watching white people are hicks. I can say that because I am white.
And I cant?

-Xionide
Sure, as soon as I can start calling welfare supported, drug dealing, ghetto dwelling, pants sagging to their asses wearing black people 'awesome people'. Thats the stereotype, right?
 

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
3,841
0
0
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: se7enty7


I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

EDIT:
And this thread follows what I see where I live.
Let me guess, you're one of the ridiculously stupid 40% of AT (referring to a poll from a while ago) who believe white males are the most discriminated group.
I do believe that, but I didn't participate in the poll.
Do you seriously believe that? When I saw the results of the poll, that just boggled my mind. It's like someone dogmatically arguing with me that the earth is flat. It's such a ridiculous notion that I don't even know how to respond. WHY do you believe, as a white male, that you are the most discriminated group against? Because of AA?
Man AA is most predujiced against those that don't benefit from it but technically should. I believe AA was designed to "correct the wrong doings of the past," and to attempt to ensure that fair amounts of people from different ethnic groups are represented in the work place and schools. Well, Asians were discriminated against in the past as well. When was a white protestant male discriminated against in this country? The Chinese were forced to build the railroads under slave like conditions, they were put in the coal mines first to die off, they were lynched and harassed esp. the chinese with long pigtail hair).

This is why I say they are the real victims of A.A., I definitely do not think whites are. Even today minority groups are discriminated against, how much is all relative. Blacks, obviously, get discriminated against the most. But don't think that Asians don't. They do, and they have to contend with the fact that they are already often overrepresented in many colleges and the pool with which they are competing against is, in all probability, superior to the pool of whites in terms of academic merit. I think they are on the receiving end both times. i think this and i'm not even chinese.
 

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
3,142
0
0
Originally posted by: SherEPunjab
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: se7enty7


I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

EDIT:
And this thread follows what I see where I live.
Let me guess, you're one of the ridiculously stupid 40% of AT (referring to a poll from a while ago) who believe white males are the most discriminated group.
I do believe that, but I didn't participate in the poll.
Do you seriously believe that? When I saw the results of the poll, that just boggled my mind. It's like someone dogmatically arguing with me that the earth is flat. It's such a ridiculous notion that I don't even know how to respond. WHY do you believe, as a white male, that you are the most discriminated group against? Because of AA?
Man AA is most predujiced against those that don't benefit from it but technically should. I believe AA was designed to "correct the wrong doings of the past," and to attempt to ensure that fair amounts of people from different ethnic groups are represented in the work place and schools. Well, Asians were discriminated against in the past as well. When was a white protestant male discriminated against in this country? The Chinese were forced to build the railroads under slave like conditions, they were put in the coal mines first to die off, they were lynched and harassed esp. the chinese with long pigtail hair).

This is why I say they are the real victims of A.A., I definitely do not think whites are. Even today minority groups are discriminated against, how much is all relative. Blacks, obviously, get discriminated against the most. But don't think that Asians don't. They do, and they have to contend with the fact that they are already often overrepresented in many colleges and the pool with which they are competing against is, in all probability, superior to the pool of whites in terms of academic merit. I think they are on the receiving end both times. i think this and i'm not even chinese.
I agree. Discrimination against blacks isn't nearly as open as it is against asians and middle eastern people. I hear more people make fun of the way asians and middle eastern people talk than any other kind of racism on a day to day basis.
 

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
3,841
0
0
Originally posted by: nan0bug
Originally posted by: Xionide
Pickup truck driving, Garth Brooks listening, confederate flag brandishing, nascar watching white people are hicks. I can say that because I am white.
And I cant?

-Xionide
Sure, as soon as I can start calling welfare supported, drug dealing, ghetto dwelling, pants sagging to their asses wearing black people 'awesome people'. Thats the stereotype, right?
Okay, whats wrong with someone being on welfare? or living in the ghetto? or have pants sagging to their a55es?

The first and second is a matter of circumstance, many times not controllable. Being on welfare automatically does not make the person a bad person. If they abuse it, then it does. Living in the ghetto has absolutely nothing to do with if a person is good or not, no point in even addressing that. The sagging pants doesn't make the person inferior, only different. Should I think that my fellow Texans with 10 gallon hats, pants tight enough to ensure their impotence, and belt buckles that would blind Stevie Wonder are inferior because they dress like (idiots in my opinion)? And about the drug dealing, the blacks wouldn't have drugs to sell if the white kids wouldn't buy it now, would they?
 

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
3,841
0
0
Originally posted by: nan0bug
Originally posted by: SherEPunjab
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: se7enty7


I see 50x more racist black people than I do racist whites.

EDIT:
And this thread follows what I see where I live.
Let me guess, you're one of the ridiculously stupid 40% of AT (referring to a poll from a while ago) who believe white males are the most discriminated group.
I do believe that, but I didn't participate in the poll.
Do you seriously believe that? When I saw the results of the poll, that just boggled my mind. It's like someone dogmatically arguing with me that the earth is flat. It's such a ridiculous notion that I don't even know how to respond. WHY do you believe, as a white male, that you are the most discriminated group against? Because of AA?
Man AA is most predujiced against those that don't benefit from it but technically should. I believe AA was designed to "correct the wrong doings of the past," and to attempt to ensure that fair amounts of people from different ethnic groups are represented in the work place and schools. Well, Asians were discriminated against in the past as well. When was a white protestant male discriminated against in this country? The Chinese were forced to build the railroads under slave like conditions, they were put in the coal mines first to die off, they were lynched and harassed esp. the chinese with long pigtail hair).

This is why I say they are the real victims of A.A., I definitely do not think whites are. Even today minority groups are discriminated against, how much is all relative. Blacks, obviously, get discriminated against the most. But don't think that Asians don't. They do, and they have to contend with the fact that they are already often overrepresented in many colleges and the pool with which they are competing against is, in all probability, superior to the pool of whites in terms of academic merit. I think they are on the receiving end both times. i think this and i'm not even chinese.
I agree. Discrimination against blacks isn't nearly as open as it is against asians and middle eastern people. I hear more people make fun of the way asians and middle eastern people talk than any other kind of racism on a day to day basis.
Yeah, its "okay" to clown on the following:

asians, middle easterners, and gays. Totally acceptably by our media, and i guess that trickles down into society's behavior as well in many cases. But, the hatred that they (racists of all colors) have for blacks, while may not be as open, is probably the most severe, and repressed.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY