UPDATE!!! Should I buy this? [PICS!]

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: K1052

Just don't get that light blue color. It looks like it belongs above a baby crib on a mobile.

Well that tears it. I thought it looked something like that. But if you see it in person, it's quite beautiful. They have one on the showroom at the local Harley dealer on Dirkson.

But yeah, I had that thought in the back of my mind.

That's probably why she's drawn to it. Bitch wants a rug rat. :D

Oh well, I'll nip that in the bud. :evil:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Originally posted by: Amused
From a purely aesthetic viewpoint, I prefer the modified Fat Boy you have in the OP.

Yeah, me too (though I don't much like the paintjob in that pic. I'd like a dark blue on blue/black flame job).

But it has taken 6 years to get the GF to agree to me having a bike. And her wanting to ride herself is a huge bonus. So I'm torn.

She tells me that she'll take the Deluxe and I can get a Fat Boy as soon as she rides one or two seasons on a cheap beater.

The amazing thing is, she fits on the Softails better than she fits on the Sportsters. The Fatboy, the Deluxe and all the Softails sit much lower and are easier for shorter people.

Well, you might have to give in then (for now :evil: ).

Just don't get that light blue color. It looks like it belongs above a baby crib on a mobile.

Yup. Might as well paint it pink. ;)

Funny you should say that. She told me she wouldn't mind painting whatever bike she gets a pale pink based combo or design.

I vomited on her immediately.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Amused

Well that tears it. I thought it looked something like that. But if you see it in person, it's quite beautiful. They have one on the showroom at the local Harley dealer on Dirkson.

But yeah, I had that thought in the back of my mind.

That's probably why she's drawn to it. Bitch wants a rug rat. :D

Oh well, I'll nip that in the bud. :evil:

I know paint always looks different in person, but the picture just looks too ah....cute (I HATE using that word) for a bike.

I'm off now to a automotive purchase of my own. I might post later.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Both Colors look great but I tend to prefer black. You might want to add forward controls and a back rest for your GF if you plan on doing long rides.

lancestorm

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2003
My father owns one of the custom Firefighter Special Edition Fat Boys (only firefighters can get them). He wouldn't trade it for the world.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Both Colors look great but I tend to prefer black. You might want to add forward controls and a back rest for your GF if you plan on doing long rides.

The foot controls are already pretty forward, and if I moved them any more, the GF couldn't reach them (she says she wants to ride it some day). I'm getting some engine guards and could mount some cruising pegs on them, I guess.

I was looking at Mustang seats. They have a really nice touring saddle with built-in removable rider back rest and a matching rear seat. They also offer a comfortable 12" wide matching sissy bar pad

It's the "Studded Wide Solo with Driver Backrest & Studded Wide Recessed Rear Seat" near the bottom of this page:

http://www.mustangseats.com/softail/softail.shtml

Here's a picture of a dressed up Deluxe. You can see the engine gaurds I want. I like those saddle bags, too.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Amused/CustomDeluxe.jpg

Also, the bike looks great with just the solo seat, doesn't it?