UPDATE! Philips CDRW PCRW80 $40 Rebate

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RBC

Jul 27, 2001
Good luck!

Philips Electronics North America
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020-1104

Phone: (212)536-0500

FatDragonn

Nov 17, 2000
seeing how much trouble yall are having in getting the $40, should i just settle for the crappy software that's being offered on the rebate site. i, like most of you have been waiting for a few good months now, and still not a penny to be seen yet. PHILIPS IS SUCKS, like staples is.

wow, i just saw an ad banner on hot deals for a philips sound card. if i can recall correctly, i got my $30 philips sound card/speakers rebate fairly quickly about a yr ago. i guess they've switched over to another rebate group since then.

Cutshaw

Sep 27, 2001
Dont give in for the software. File a complaint with the FTC and BBB, if enough do that we'll get our $40.

Whitneymuse

Mar 18, 2001
This gets curiouser and curiouser; I've a friend who received an email from Charlene J stating that he'd get his rebate in 4-6 weeks (one of you got the same email as he received). After I told him about this thread and the all of the problems, here, he called the number I called when Parago referred me to Philips and the CSR at Philips bad-mouthed Parago. In that conversation she gave me my new tracking number. Well, he called Philips and was told that the person who emailed him with his new tracking number, written him that he'd get his check, above, and basically told him to sit tight until then, hadn't "sent an email to the promotions department"...his email correspondence was in their database, but no action had been taken.

Apparently, without this transmittal to the promotions department, no check could be cut. The Philips CSR told him that she had mailed it to herself and didn't follow the right procedure. Now she assures him that the check will be cut and sent to him in 2-3 weeks. There are so many stories people are getting, it'll be very interesting to see if we all get our checks in 2-3 weeks. If they aren't here by the end of the year, someone might want to represent us in a class action.

wesbc

Jul 2, 2001
I just called in put my case in. I will wait the 6 weeks and if no result I'll resort to planetfeedback dot com for resolution. I have had good result from them before regarding a 1 year old claim with Paypal where I paid a verified user and never recieved a product.

As long as you have documents to support your claim you are in good shape. Don't worry, we will win this battle!

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
i too made my call. 6-8 weeks was the standard answer. i also bought a Phillips directTIVO after that and already got my $100 rebate so at least i'll give them a chance to come good with this one. but this sure will make me think twice about getting good deals with rebate. this is way too much work...

Crank

Feb 7, 2001
I got a letter from Richard French, "Customer Information Center Supervisor"
Mr. French tells me that, and I quote, "As a customer relations gesture, we have authorized a reimbursement of $40.00. You will receive a check in approximately two (2) [sic] weeks."
Unbelievable....as a 'gesture' they're going to honor the terms of the rebate in triple the time stated. I feel blessed.
Anyway, I don't know if I'm on the fast track - 2 weeks rather than 4 to 6, but keep bitching, and it might hurry things up for you a bit.
You know what pisses me off about this is that their CSR dept. sucks, and they lie, and that Philips has made absolutely NO effort to compensate us for all the BS we've had to go through to get this. I mean, for God's sake, up the rebate by $5, send a coupon along with it, do SOMETHING other than let us argue with the inept CSR's in their call center.
Okay, I'm done ranting............for now.........

villagepeople

Sep 5, 2001
:disgust:
I have called Philips last week as another followup to my Oct-19 Case#.
They are not sure what is the status. So they are going to check with their Promotion Dept. ?
I have called them today also. Another Rep says it has gone to Promotion Dept. It may take 4-6 weeks.

Again..
???

"Houston we have a problem"

poolshark

Dec 19, 1999
got a letter from Philipsucks that reads I will get my rebate in two more weeks. I will believe it when I see it.. never ever another philips product for me..

Justincase

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2001
I made my weekly call to Philips again today, and as usual I was told there was no info they could give me, other than "we sent an email to [whatever] department on 12/11" and it will take 4-6 weeks to process your rebate (that's the 5th time I've been told 4-6 weeks). I asked to speak to a supervisor (again), and was told that none were available to take my call. That was the last straw for me...I started sending emails to the addresses further up in this thread, and in less than an hour, I got a call from a Philips rep telling me that my check will be mailed the next time Philips cuts checks, December 20th; and that she is sending the request to do so directly to the fulfillment center. She refused to disclose the name of the fulfillment center...must be a national security issue.

Anyway, be persistent, bug the hell out of them, file complaints with the FTC, BBB, BB, etc., and you too will get your money eventually...and don't buy any Philips products. Oh, and LURKERS especially, keep bumping this thread up to the top until everyone gets theirs.

tigger80

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2000
I got my rebate from Philips when i ordered the CD-RW through the best buy deal. I had no problems at all. Got the philips rebate around November I believe. I submitted my rebate through rebateshq.com as well. Got the 30 dollar rebate from best buy and the 40 dollar one from philips(rebateshq.com).

tigger80

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2000
I got my rebate from Philips when i ordered the CD-RW through the best buy deal. I had no problems at all. Got the philips rebate around November I believe. I submitted my rebate through rebateshq.com as well. Got the 30 dollar rebate from best buy and the 40 dollar one from philips(rebateshq.com).

tigger80

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2000

ScrapSilicon

Lifer
Apr 14, 2001

<< We heard you and don't believe you, three times, too. >>

hehe...I thought I was having vision troubles:Q Any way I got one of these Philips from BestBuy submissions..and I hve got neither the Phillips nor the BB rebate but BB said mine isa coming Philips sux :|

Justincase

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2001
Please...have a little understanding. People can't help it if they have Tourette's Syndrome (the repeating repeating repeating repeating disease). :Q

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
That Best Buy rebate was great. I didn't even buy it in the time frame the rebate was good for but I sent it in anyway and got a check in 3 weeks. :D Almost makes up for not getting the Philps... well not really.

dc

flight23

Aug 5, 2000
I actually bought 4 of these drives.. 2 from staples, and then 2 more one month later from best buy. I got the 2 $40 rebates from my staples orders, and I got the 2 $30 rebates from best buy.. but Im still waiting on the 2 $40 rebates from the best buy order.

yourharddrive

Banned
Jul 16, 2001
I emailed Clark French and he personally sent me a letter(real mail) to my home address and said that he said that he himself told accounting dept. to cut me a check and i will get in 2 wks. :)

Whitneymuse

Mar 18, 2001
Let's see, that would be the Clark French who writes and says that if you provide your name, address and phone number he would get the check out (issue) immediately from their corporate office, then in the followup states that immediately in Philips lexicon is 2-3 weeks. I believe that is the Clark French who initiates his name with an "R" and places a banner under his signature block of

"Faith is the evidence of things unseen."

Ah yes, that'd be the R Clark French I be familiar with, too. Them bible quoters that speak of faith, from Philips corporate office of Presidential Liaison...ol' R Clark been liaison-ing with Philips president, too much. Just get them checks out immediately; that'd be 2-3 weeks cause it's comin' from Tennessee.

Borgmon

Mar 28, 2001
Maybe we should all go to BestBuy and demand that they give us the $40.00.

Worth a shot??

RBC

Jul 27, 2001
Well I started this thread and here's my last post to it. I got my $40 rebate check today! I corresponded with Clark French on the 10th, the check was printed and postmarked on the 11th and arrived on the 13th. Finally, the nightmare is over..... (Fyi, Mr. French can be reached at: clark.french@philips.com).

Best of luck to all those still waiting, persistance pays off, though often doesn't feel like it's worth it.:D

Whitneymuse

Mar 18, 2001
Now that's really aggregious; I corresponded with him three days earlier, on the seventh, and his reply said 2-3 weeks. As I said earlier, when one of those Office of the president liaison types start quotin' the Bible as he did on his signature, "Faith is the evidence of things unseen," AND waiting for 6 months and about over a dozen different CSRs in two different rebate companies, leaves me cold.

I think Philips gets a lump of coal this Christmas season.